• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

Associate
snow patrol said:
Probably the ONLY thing stopping me from getting a 1900xt is that i really can't be bothered to re-do my watercooling loop and get a new block.

I currently have a maze4 on my 850xt...i'm guessing it won't fit on a 1900 will it?? ;)

They do fit I have one on mine you need the kit which does for the N Vidia 7800 - 6800 series, it uses 4 studs instead of the 2 for the 850, I've no idea where to get them I was lucky and found the kit on another forum.

Soldato
ive just fitted my X1900XTX with a maze 4 block, using the nvidia mounting kit. Basically with the block you should have got 2 fitting kits, 1 for ati and older nvidia and 1 for new nvidia (has like an x bit of perspex) you just use that

Soldato
Some ppl might find this useful. I've just swapped out an X800 for an X1800XT 256meg to check its working ok, (bought for mate to upgrade his pc) . Its in the following pc:

A64 3200 (S754) @ stock
Gigabyte K8N
1gig memory @ 2-2-2-5-1t (geil ultra X)

BF2 runs (all in game option at max) 4 x AA, 16 x AF @ 1280 x 1024 and it runs at about 65-85 fps, depending whats on the screen (singleplayer). It stutters a bit but I'm 100% sure thats the 1 gig memory (REALLY needs 2 gig),
and other than that, it runs like butter, the old X800 could only run this game @ 1024 x 768 all in game options at medium and 2 X AA, 4 x AF. Based on this alone, I'd say that anyone considering and upgrade from X800/pro/XT/850XT etc to an X1800XT is gonna get a hell of an increase in performance, and most ppl here have a better cpu than an A64 3200 S754. Incidentally, the X1800XT was just installed and ran, the drivers weren't uninstalled and installed properly, so the performance might be better with a proper installation. Thats on 6.2 drivers btw.

If anyone wants some comparisons made let me know I'll see what I can do, only a limited number of games mind.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^

Here are my results from a recent upgrade too

Opteron @ 3.0GHz before (MSI NF3 + X800 XT PE) and after (Asus A8R32-MVP + X1900 XTX)...

3DMark01: 31703 -> 34507
3DMark03: 14122 -> 18965
3DMark05: 6747 -> 11808
3DMark06: 2324 -> 5362

Both gfx cards at stock mhz for their model.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vicious said:
ive just fitted my X1900XTX with a maze 4 block, using the nvidia mounting kit. Basically with the block you should have got 2 fitting kits, 1 for ati and older nvidia and 1 for new nvidia (has like an x bit of perspex) you just use that

so i would just fit it to the card using the perspex block thing. Do you think i could feasibly do this without de-assembling my water kit and draining it etc. I have a bit of 'slack' as it were in the tubing, so i reckon i could possibly get the card into position just next to the case and have it level....

i'm going to dig around in my watercooling box and see what i have with regards to the maze4. thanks

Soldato
well, i'm guessing this is the bit i need. Could someone post a pic showing how it looks, where exactly would that bit of perspex go??:

and here's a pic showing the potential slack i might have (note the cable ties which i will cut obviously)

Associate
Is it just me or is the powercolor x1900xt cheaper than it was the first day of this mega sale? I'm sure it was more than £238+ VAT. I'm gonna be gutted if i cant sell this x850xt before the stocks are gone :eek:

Soldato
Zephyrus said:
Is it just me or is the powercolor x1900xt cheaper than it was the first day of this mega sale? I'm sure it was more than £238+ VAT. I'm gonna be gutted if i cant sell this x850xt before the stocks are gone :eek:

It was £239 yesterday evening.

Now if they could do 7900gtx for that..I would order two right now. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
snow patrol said:
so i would just fit it to the card using the perspex block thing. Do you think i could feasibly do this without de-assembling my water kit and draining it etc. I have a bit of 'slack' as it were in the tubing, so i reckon i could possibly get the card into position just next to the case and have it level....

i'm going to dig around in my watercooling box and see what i have with regards to the maze4. thanks

i just changed my 6800gt and put in a X1900XTX, same block and fittings etc all i did was just take block off card, take card out, new one in block back on.

im not sure if ive got any pics, but i can take a pic of my current one, i just used standard 'x' that was on the card, its quite simple, u need 4 of the pole things that attach to the block, the perspex bit, although if its an x1900 i think it comes with 1, 4 of the things to secure it on with but u should have some with ** current setup, and 8 washers although not essential

Soldato
Vicious said:
i just changed my 6800gt and put in a X1900XTX, same block and fittings etc all i did was just take block off card, take card out, new one in block back on.

im not sure if ive got any pics, but i can take a pic of my current one, i just used standard 'x' that was on the card, its quite simple, u need 4 of the pole things that attach to the block, the perspex bit, although if its an x1900 i think it comes with 1, 4 of the things to secure it on with but u should have some with ** current setup, and 8 washers although not essential

thanks vic - i'd really appreciate some close up shots of the block on the card, just because i'm a bit stupid ;)

also, would i need ramsinks??

Soldato
im not sure, but id always get them to be sure, i transfered mine over from my 6800gt, all but 1 stuck, had 2 use some thermal paste of the other which got it to stick. its better to be safe than sorry

it was a bit of a fiddle getting my card out, i had to remove the ram lift up the block & tubing a bit, but not too much and sorta wiggled it out.

il get you some pictures, il see if ive got any of when my old car was in.

Caporegime
xknight2000 said:
I just ordered my X1900XT-X last night. Hope to order my Asus A8R32-MVP mobo and my ATI Radeon X1900 ***Crossfire Edition*** 512MB very shortly. Pitty my PC still hasnt arrived for me to put them in :mad:

Why on earth did you buy an XTX for crossfire... the crossfire editions are XT's!

Soldato
oh i dont believe it !!!
this new upgrade is costing me soooo much damn money !
honestly, it has gone from keeping my 6600GT, to getting an x800, then an x850XT, then a x1800xt, and not a x1900XT !!!!!

i cant justify not spending 72.20 less on a x1800xt 256MB, when i can get a 512MB x1900xt for that much... or can i ?
some one make the decission for me ( just say YES )

btw, its dual DVI out... i can still run 2x VGA CRT's off this cant i with the right adapters ?
Rick

Associate
I know this thread started saying this was going to be the best thing ever, with prices never to be seen again, but a quick look around and another etailor has the x1800xt,1900xt and x1900xt-x at the same prices as these " not to be found anywhere else, 1 week only deal", and they aren't on any promotion. Are these prices more of a general decrease in the cost of these cards as lots of reports stated there would be? and will they be around for a while? Allthough these are some excellent prices for some top end kit they don't seem quite as exclusive to OCUK as was first made out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom