US: Supernatural

Associate
Dean definitely isn't there anymore, that bit with the door was crying for a "here's Jonny".

Just hope this isn't something that's resolved 2 episodes in before we go back to business as usual and they do something a bit different, you can still have plenty of Dean in the show without hammering that reset button.

Soldato
Awesome while I agree supernatural has changed I feel it needed too in some ways there are times where the brothers go back to hunting demons though the scale of the show required to get bigger and different to perhaps survive.

Cant wait for deanmon !

Associate
Now coming up to its 11th season! I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard rumours it's already been greenlit for a 12th season. Apparantly it's done well on Netflix US.

Associate
Normally when I'm this deep in a show I'll sit it out to the end (ie the Smallville factor) but I think I'm gonna have to make an exception here, I'm looking back at last season and apart from the opening couple of episodes dealing with the Dean thing (which looking a few posts up they did exactly what I hoped they wouldn't) I don't remember a damn thing about the last season besides Felicia Day's character.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Normally when I'm this deep in a show I'll sit it out to the end (ie the Smallville factor) but I think I'm gonna have to make an exception here, I'm looking back at last season and apart from the opening couple of episodes dealing with the Dean thing (which looking a few posts up they did exactly what I hoped they wouldn't) I don't remember a damn thing about the last season besides Felicia Day's character.

I actually don't mind that. The episods individually are entertaining even if they end up being thrown from my memory soon after. I remember enjoying it at the time, that will do - plenty of other shows around for me to remember in excessive detail :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
They can die another 20 times and bring them back, great show although do miss bobby but glad to see he popped back here and there as with these type of shows no ones really dead :)

Soldato
I've been watching this since it's pilot but it's got to the point where I'm watching simply because I've been watching it for so long and I want to see it through, I'm thinking about dropping it from my weekly list though and marathoning it when the new season is over. The season 5 finale should've been the end of this series, season 5 in general is some of the best television I have ever seen and it would've been a perfect way to end things with that finale.

There have been some bright spots since but I typically find with the majority of the new seasons that they start well then get very boring and routine for most of the season and then end on a brilliant cliffhanger.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I just watched the first ep of season 11 last night. I think I'm done.

I hate the way they trivialise every single entity iin the universe by giving them a human body. I really don't give a **** about "the darkness" because she's a woman. Locked away since the beginning of time and her first instinct is to flirt with dean? I know this show is cheesey but they've really hit the bottom of the barrel.

Soldato
Apparently the new season is meant to go back to basics, I really hope so as listening to fans is the only way forward nowadays. Which could be seen as a good or a bad thing ;)

Anybody watch Grimm out of interest? Slightly different in terms of characters and story but I still prefer Supernatural over it.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Apparently the new season is meant to go back to basics,
I don't see how they can. The basics were an overarching story plot that involved the Winchesters (Sam) from birth and his destiny to be a vessel for the Devil. You can't recreate that unfortunately, though they've tried to by pulling in things from their past over the last few seasons.

All it is now is a rehash of one brother going bad, the other needing saved, and the constant moral questioning of their good intentions always messing things up.

If they can turn this around this season then I'll be amazed. But they're not off to a good start.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Apparently the new season is meant to go back to basics, I really hope so as listening to fans is the only way forward nowadays. Which could be seen as a good or a bad thing ;)

Anybody watch Grimm out of interest? Slightly different in terms of characters and story but I still prefer Supernatural over it.

Yeah I have watched Grimm, but I struggle with it. Aside from Monroe I do not care much for the characters, it is very bland and frankly, the Grimm is the ****tiest, most underwhelming, bland guy I could imagine. It actually made me long for the days of Buffy.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Some great points about the winchester boys going good then bad and back and forth and needing saving I think that has made it quite tied up and made it lacking, I do however enjoy it crowley is a great character and the actor does a great job.

Its hard to top previous stuff or go back to the basics since they pretty much covered everything but since I watched from episode 1 ill continue till it ends :)

Soldato
Some great points about the winchester boys going good then bad and back and forth and needing saving I think that has made it quite tied up and made it lacking, I do however enjoy it crowley is a great character and the actor does a great job.

Its hard to top previous stuff or go back to the basics since they pretty much covered everything but since I watched from episode 1 ill continue till it ends :)

I think that's basically their audience now, they can produce what they want good or bad and people will stick with it just because they've invested so much time in it and want to see it through.

Soldato
Is this supposed to be the final season? With ideas running out it wouldn't be a bad decision to make.

Also what they meant with back to basics is probably the old days of gutting demons in motels, or going on cases :D

Yeah Crowley does a good job, but so does Castiel and the other characters to be honest, I think it's part of what makes this series what it is.

Will be great to watch back once it finishes, never done that before with any show :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom