T2 : Trainspotting

Soldato
OP
This the way I feel too. But they seem to be making sequels to everything these days and remakes.

Point Break, Total Recall, Beauty and the Beast.

Millions of sequels for every half decent movie.

Beauty and the Beast is a bit different though. Disney made it into a cartoon in 1991 and the new version is live action. Disney are currently in the middle of doing these. E.g. they've already done Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Jungle Book etc, then Mulan is just around the corner IIRC after Beauty/Beast.

Soldato
I loved the trainspotting book
and loved the film when it was released

Went to see Trainspotting 2 movie tonight and it was very good
Defo worth going to see

the singing scene was amazingly funny

Soldato
Went to see it and while it was good it wasn't really what I expected. If it wasn't for T1 it would be pretty bad.

Kinda disappointing overall.

7/10

V F

V F

Soldato
Why on earth have you not watched it yet?!

I haven't either. More so from reading IMDb. Don't think I'll have any intention of doing so as I really don't want to watch a gross druggie film.

I fondly remember the music though from the 90s. Born Slippy.

Caporegime
I haven't either. More so from reading IMDb. Don't think I'll have any intention of doing so as I really don't want to watch a gross druggie film.

I fondly remember the music though from the 90s. Born Slippy.

Gross druggie film (which it really isn't, well it has its moments) or not, it's easily one of the best movies from the 90s.

V F

V F

Soldato
On IMDb they bring up a conversation about some baby scene. They hated that part apparently all the more reason I'll probably not watch these films.

Caporegime
I haven't either. I really don't want to watch a gross druggie film.

The thing is. You haven't seen it so are not qualified to make any kind of statement about it.

Its not a gross druggie film.

Why not watch it...and make your own mind up...

Rather than posting Guff in this thread based on absolutely nothing.

Caporegime
The thing is. You haven't seen it so are not qualified to make any kind of statement about it.

I agree.

People should make their own mind up, if you don't like it turn it off. But to base judgement on a movie from IMDB of all places is just wrong.

Caporegime
I agree.

People should make their own mind up, if you don't like it turn it off. But to base judgement on a movie from IMDB of all places is just wrong.

Making any comment on a film without actually seeing it is a sign of deluded maddness :p

Its like saying you don't like the taste of a certain food without actually trying it! :p

V F

V F

Soldato

Guff? How is it guff... Then this must be your kind of calibre.

Soldato
OP
I agree with the others in that you should never judge a book by its cover.

I started this thread because T1 was a cult film of the 90s. Again, I haven't seen it, but I did buy the soundtrack. I was 17, turning 18, and so this is very much nostalgia for me (along with Euro '96). The only thing I don't miss was the fact that I was having relationship problems at the time. Sweet adolescence lol

Soldato
Whenever i think of the first I just remember the baby and the toilet, didn't enjoy it at all as a film and I'm really glad someone borrowed the VHS and never gave it back.

I'll give the 2nd a watch at some point but I don't really see it as a must watch film.

Back
Top Bottom