T2 : Trainspotting

Caporegime
Watched it tonight and very much enjoyed it, wasn't as good as the first for me but was still excellent.

Begbie absolutely makes it though, as expected.

He has a standalone book, which I've just started reading. Strange, and totally not standard Begbie.

Soldato
Pretty much a perfect sequel, not to say it's a perfect movie but it worked on every level and felt natural.

Felt a little emotional at the end, taps into the mindset of a lot of us late 30/early 40 somethings who are just along for the ride in life without a lot of direction.

Soldato
It wasn't perfect but it had a ruddy good go and pulled it off on the whole. I thought the last quarter was weak and left me a bit lacking compared to the first half or so.

8/10

Caporegime
The thing is. You haven't seen it so are not qualified to make any kind of statement about it.

Its not a gross druggie film.

Why not watch it...and make your own mind up...

Rather than posting Guff in this thread based on absolutely nothing.

Be fair, there are gross bits, but they're all in there for very good reasons. Bits of it are way stylised and go somewhat out of their way to be disgusting, but that's the point. They are there because they symbolise something and add to the visceral impact of the film.

Amusingly enough, the film had to be cut for American release because they thought some bits of it were too disgusting. Which bits? Kelly McDonald straddling Ewan McGregor, and the shot of the needle being injected into the skin before he overdoses. Like yeah, those are the most vile bits of the film.

Caporegime
Be fair, there are gross bits, but they're all in there for very good reasons. Bits of it are way stylised and go somewhat out of their way to be disgusting, but that's the point. They are there because they symbolise something and add to the visceral impact of the film.

Amusingly enough, the film had to be cut for American release because they thought some bits of it were too disgusting. Which bits? Kelly McDonald straddling Ewan McGregor, and the shot of the needle being injected into the skin before he overdoses. Like yeah, those are the most vile bits of the film.

Dog been shot in the balls is pretty grim to some.

Associate
Big fan of the original, looked forward to seeing T2 tonight, 8/10.

Two scenes that stick out for me were the pub singing and Renton's 'Choose life' rant, loved that.

Soldato
Just as good as the first. Spud was the best part with his expressions. Some proper lol moments in the cinema. Music was good but then nothing could really beat the first films music could it. Shame it didn't have more drug abuse in and them messing up with someone dying tho or more fights etc. But it had a good many years later feel to it that felt genuine.

Top film IMO. Would go see it again in a heartbeat if I get the opportunity.

Caporegime
Seen it last night.

I enjoyed it, but I don't know some of it seemed thrown together. Like the choose speech, or the main rival ending.

I need to watch it again. I never expected anything like the original, of course. But I felt it was missing some of that magic.

Associate
Saw it last night and loved it. Interesting to see where the characters went for 20 years.

Loved the flashback moments to their youth, really brought the journey home I thought.

I left the cinema with a desire to buy a record player and start collecting records but not sure why :confused::D

Associate
Was bricking it in case it sucked as the original was one of the most memorable cinema experiences of my life. Need not have worried - excellent follow up. Lots of flashbacks and nods to the original and I must admit I did get a rush during Renton's speech. Ewen Bremner was marvellous, likesay.

Glad the gang got back together. 9/10.

Caporegime
Was bricking it in case it sucked as the original was one of the most memorable cinema experiences of my life. Need not have worried - excellent follow up. Lots of flashbacks and nods to the original and I must admit I did get a rush during Renton's speech. Ewen Bremner was marvellous, likesay.

Glad the gang got back together. 9/10.

Ewen, played that part incredibly well. Top cat boy.

Back
Top Bottom