Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
@No1newts - That's a great job! I really like the rust effect on the weapon and the oxidization on the metal. Very Nurgly!

Cheers :)

I've finished my last two marines and the whole squad at last, really feel like I'm starting to make a little progress.

HeeJlDR.jpg

DU5TmL6.jpg

tlIDlGU.jpg

DhNDyeB.jpg

50FI2c1.jpg

9z7LsIw.jpg

Also, had a bolt of inspiration and decided to paint a Marine in the Golden Gryphon colours, pretty happy with the results.

bUak1Rw.jpg

Once again sorry for the picture quality, I can never seem to get them to take well. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving the deathguard, I've always had a soft spot for those little gribbly fellas, I remember the original plastic plague marines from was away back when.

I'm nearing getting there on my knight, just needs a few more transfers, some tidying up and a coat of varnish. Thanks for all the positive comments :D

20180621_230138.jpg

Soldato
@vincent1989 I actually still have some of the old death guard, standing in the brace position with the huge plague knife and boltgun :D

When you take pictures how do you get the quality? I've got a good camera but miniature pictures are always dross for some reason. The marines above look better than on the photos and it's blinking irritating! :p

Soldato
I've never played it, or 40k, but I do enjoy the painting side.

Ah right ok so it's as a painting project then. Nothing wrong with that, they look like lovely miniatures to paint!

@vincent1989 I actually still have some of the old death guard, standing in the brace position with the huge plague knife and boltgun :D

When you take pictures how do you get the quality? I've got a good camera but miniature pictures are always dross for some reason. The marines above look better than on the photos and it's blinking irritating! :p

GW released a pretty good article on taking photos. Not sure if it will help:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/06/the-model-photo-how-to-photograph-models-for-display/

Soldato
I'm trying to bargain with my wife so she will take the kids out for a day so I can plow through my backlog.

Upped my army to 1.2k and I have 14 death guard, 3 deathshroud, sorcerer, hellbrute and 40 poxwalkers :(:p

If she doesn't I truly never expect to finish this year :D

Last edited:
Commissario
I am really jelous of your painting ability Vincent :)

That knight is looking so great.

In the mean time I'm working on my Lord of Skulls and thinking I'm probably going to end up taking it to my weekend of gaming with about half it's weight being blutack so I can continue painting it after :p (it's taken me about 4 days so far just to do the first level of brass on the blood tanks as it's all small detail/careful work).

Permabanned
I'm trying to bargain with my wife so she will take the kids out for a day so I can plow through my backlog.

Upped my army to 1.2k and I have 14 death guard, 3 deathshroud, sorcerer, hellbrute and 40 poxwalkers :(:p

If she doesn't I truly never expect to finish this year :D

Not looking for more DG are you? I've still got the entire Dark Imperium box sitting here that I can't afford the time to start :(

Permabanned
Sent you a message :D

I think, against my better judgement, I'm going to get the titanicus when its out, the models look amazing and is a chance to own a knight/titan without all that painting.. haha

Commissario
For anyone that's been trying to get hold of them, the Citadel Painting handles seem to be back in stock/coming back into stock at some retailers (I ordered some from Element who were showing them as expected Friday, and GW have them in stock).

Soldato
While I've only been in the hobby a few months, I've already collected a fair amount of 40k stuff (and my Ultramarines contingent is up to 23 painted models!), I was pleased to see the updated Age of Sigmar come out and I got Soul Wars this weekend. I really like the Stormcast Eternals.

I'm a little stuck on what to get to bolster their numbers a little. Does anyone have any advice on that front?

Back
Top Bottom