1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tabletop Warhammer?

Discussion in 'Tabletop Games, Wargaming and Scale Modelling.' started by Arcimbaldo, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Squark

Capodecina

So, 40K 9th ed is officially on the way with some SM+Sisters vs Necrons hype

2. Dis86

Suspended

Don't forget the guard. Who clearly held the line for weeks before the rest bothered to turn up.

Oh wait, GW forgot the guard too.

3. Squark

Capodecina

That's the guard's job, get killed for long enough for someone else to show up :D

4. Squark

Capodecina

Double

5. vanpeebles

Soldato

Bit gutted after I just got the rule book and all kinds last month!!

6. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

Ohhhh 9th ed eh. Must say I'm surprised, a thought we the Grey Knights extra rules they would just at keep releasing codex updates.

8th ed certainly seems to have been one of the better versions to date.

Anyone got any ideas what will change?

7. Squark

Capodecina

Not a complete overhaul, seems to be mainly a tightening up and tweaking

8. Dis86

Suspended

Hold the line!

9. Dis86

Suspended

A lot of people on the stream were saying the same. Apparently codexes will be compatible though. Also since it's more of a tweak the book may still be pertinent.

10. vanpeebles

Soldato

Grumble

11. Squark

Capodecina

I nearly did too as I was looking to get back in to the hobby, but I heard rumours of 9th ed coming so I held off buying the book/codices

12. shaank

Wise Guy

AFFIX BAYONETS!

13. 4Play

Wise Guy

Whilst I think it's great that they are pushing the game forward, I do believe it's a double edged sword. Now to be clear from the start I am a very casual player so my thoughts on this may be less valid then others who play more often.

I feel like I've literally just purchased all if the codex and rules from the previous edition. They're valid for such a short period of time that I'm starting to begrudge buying them, especially the rules. I wonder if they will change the model (no pun intended) and start giving the rules away for free?What am I saying, this is GW!!!

I like a lot of what the company has changed in the last 5 years, they clearly understand their hardcore customer base a lot more. But I do think they need to slightly slow it down now for the more casual player.

14. Pottsey

Mobster

The current codex's and rules are valid in the new edition and Physic Awakening books are all written with the new edition in mind and so should stay valid for a long time.

15. Dis86

Suspended

From the preview yesterday it seems like the main changes will be sort of...common sense ones.

Stopping one grot from preventing an entire tank from shooting. Now being able to move under a flier. Cover conferring good benefits to enhance tactical play.

Course they could completely balls it all up!

16. vanpeebles

Soldato

I must admit, I am a pure traditionalist like. I could never take to necrons or tau etc. The tau look great, but do they really fit in that universe? I liked the old days when all the best painters did Harlequinns and the orks where all yellow bad moon ones with 20 layers of watered down yellow paint.

17. Pottsey

Mobster

Tau very much fit into the universe even their story has a dark underside to it.

18. vanpeebles

Soldato

Styling wise I mean.

19. Pottsey

Mobster

Thought you meant the background. Personally I like the styling but it is a large contrast to everything else and I can see why some people don't think it fits in. It is very clean and smooth.

20. Squark

Capodecina

To me it seems that some of the newer imperial sculpts have a far cleaner and smoother than previous