Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Been doing boring seals/parchment things. Forgot what I did before, may have been washed with sepia.

Painted missiles like that because why not. Bases are currently drying. Learnt to appreciate imperfections and not stress over trying to perfect them. That said, if it's an easy fix I will.

Getting sword back to white so I can try something new. Oh ffs I keep forgetting I need to paint the missile one's bolter barrels. Won't take a second but keep forgetting.

Post wash on the paper, it's my favourite combo for old parchment. On the side of the sword you can't see. I accidentally made a pretty decent molten effect but that doesn't go with the iron Hands. So I think I'm going to try and get a gradient using the metal paints and then do a very subtle lightning effect or something. None of this coloured stuff because it's just not going to work for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks great. I think you hit just the right balance for weathering like it's never over the top.
Also you just reminded me I have one of those in me drawer unopened

Associate

Blue glaze over the top of his armour fixed the problem, the rest of the Ultramarines will be painted with layer paint plus a Tyran Blue shade all over ;)

Decals will go on later today too.

Cheers All

Last edited:
Associate
Recovered that nicely.

Going to try finish my dread tonight. Very unsure on a few colour combos but we shall see
Thanks, learnt a lesson on that one.

Just added the decals to that one which were a right pain even using Micro sol & Micro set, as soon as I dipped the decal into warm water it more or less came of the backing sheet :(

First time using GW decals.

Got a desert sand textured base not sure if I should leave it as it is or put some Aggrax Earthshade on it ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, learnt a lesson on that one.

Just added the decals to that one which were a right pain even using Micro sol & Micro set, as soon as I dipped the decal into warm water it more or less came of the backing sheet :(

First time using GW decals.

Got a desert sand textured base not sure if I should leave it as it is or put some Aggrax Earthshade on it ?

Hmmmm. Could you put some on a spare base and use the agrax to compare?

I had a disaster tonight. I knew I was going to forget that ratio I used for my terminators. So yeah again, I've pretty much made my models lose the zenithil. The vehicle is the worst. I have just about got away with it on the dread because it was just the side bits so it kind of matches.
When for some exaggerated highlights with the Tamiya White's quite pleased with that.
I'm not gonna change the models. I think I will just finish them and take it as a lesson learned.
Vehicle is terrible because I've left out for so long I forgot about dust and stuff. So there is loads of fibres and what not. Not not sure how I'm going to fix that one.
I've actually got a feeling I ended up not using contrast and I used the darkest black I had instead.
Feirros came out a different shade entirely lol.
Photos probably won't show the difference.

Hairy tank.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmmmm. Could you put some on a spare base and use the agrax to compare?

I had a disaster tonight. I knew I was going to forget that ratio I used for my terminators. So yeah again, I've pretty much made my models lose the zenithil. The vehicle is the worst. I have just about got away with it on the dread because it was just the side bits so it kind of matches.
When for some exaggerated highlights with the Tamiya White's quite pleased with that.
I'm not gonna change the models. I think I will just finish them and take it as a lesson learned.
Vehicle is terrible because I've left out for so long I forgot about dust and stuff. So there is loads of fibres and what not. Not not sure how I'm going to fix that one.
I've actually got a feeling I ended up not using contrast and I used the darkest black I had instead.
Feirros came out a different shade entirely lol.
Photos probably won't show the difference.

Hairy tank.

I would add some battle damage over it, that would soon fix it ;)

Associate

First of the Spacemarines finished, I used AK Desert Sand texture paint on the base with Mortarian Grime shade over the top as the sand was a bit bright.

I handbrushed some Citadel Stormshield over the top of the decals to seal them in :)

Need to get on with the others now ;)

Cheers All

Last edited:
Soldato
I would add some battle damage over it, that would soon fix it ;)

Gonna have to try something! If my model strips in time I'm trying a new scheme tonight, and in the unlikely event I like it, it could shape the way I paint everything else.
Hint: it's an inverse Iron Hands.

Going to play some game on Sat called Burrows and Badgers, small skirmish game. Judging by sigs nobody is near but feel free to check this place out. It is truly special in terms of atmosphere and great people. Bloody good food too.

Last edited:
Associate
Gonna have to try something! If my model strips in time I'm trying a new scheme tonight, and in the unlikely event I like it, it could shape the way I paint everything else.
Hint: it's an inverse Iron Hands.

Going to play some game on Sat called Burrows and Badgers, small skirmish game. Judging by sigs nobody is near but feel free to check this place out. It is truly special in terms of atmosphere and great people. Bloody good food too.

Just had a look at your link it looks really good and I hope you enjoy yourself.

I am based just outside of Ipswich there are a few places local to me that hold events etc and I have struck up a good relationship with one of the guys who runs an independent games store, I have been helping him out by cutting out terrain with my laser cutter/engraver ;)

Looking forward to seeing your new paint scheme!

Soldato
Tell us more ?

Well I played the Burrows & Badger game, it is specifically stated as not being a competitive game, it has minor narrative elements and I think I prefer that over beardy meta building beardy games. Has some well thought out mechanics so even a small/weak unit can take out a big one due to critical hits.
Also one called Kings of War by mantic games, I think a big part of it is I don't need to subscribe to an app to play the game (granted things like Battlescribe out there), miniatures aren't made redundant due to rules changes, don't need so spend ££ on a new book every so often (B&B rules came out in 2018 and all additional ones were free). Also I think that games using fewer miniatures are more appealing due to the rate I get things painted.
Not saying I don't have fun with the actual game of 40K, it's all the other nonsense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom