Take Away curries, why do we never learn?

Soldato
The problem doing that, you tackling the problem "after" its happened. Not to mention there is health conditions that affect BMI.

How do you know people with high BMI are not just having takeaways once a week?

But you did say remove all taxes which means you not discriminating against supermarket food vs takeaways which is something I am ok with. My issue really is the bigger culprit is getting less targeted.

Not feasible in practice, but a tax on energy content, offset by fibre content, would do wonders for the health of the nation.

Associate
Is it just me or do most people eat food in the full knowledge that they'll be paying for it twice the next day?

I ordered a Beef Masala meal deal from the local Indian take away last night, the first time in over a year and i've been suffering ever since and sat here in pain. :(

If you're sick after a takeaway, I'd not get a takeaway from that place ever again.

Soldato
do people still use trip advisor for fast-food reviews , or are they too curated ?, google reviews never seems to have been a success with few posts ...
or, is there some social media resource I should be using (a reason to use social media)

Local fish and chip shop refitted about 4 years ago, initially it looked appetising , cooked to order,
then they started pizzas and other food stuffs, you go past now and there is a stack of unappetising pre-fried fish/chicken ....

I've often wondered how long you can keep things warm, various BK/McD fly on the wall programmes show food disposal after 10mins or so, but not sure chip shop does that.

Permabanned
OP
If i'm ordering it's usually from Just Eat and if I'm feeling like trying somewhere different I usually read the reviews on there first, I have read some horror story reviews on there in my time!
Every so often I ordered a KFC on just eat and I don't know why, I know I'll be getting one fresh moist bit of chicken and the rest will be old and dried out as per.
I do mention in the notes that could the please give me fresh bits and not the dried out ones, maybe they spit in the bucket after reading that?

Man of Honour
If i'm ordering it's usually from Just Eat and if I'm feeling like trying somewhere different I usually read the reviews on there first, I have read some horror story reviews on there in my time!
Every so often I ordered a KFC on just eat and I don't know why, I know I'll be getting one fresh moist bit of chicken and the rest will be old and dried out as per.
I do mention in the notes that could the please give me fresh bits and not the dried out ones, maybe they spit in the bucket after reading that?
The kid in KFC definitely reads that and thinks..."How can a **** with him? Let's get his hopes up with the first bit and then find the driest bits in the shop" :D

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I haven't had a takeaway in over 20 years. I don't eat fast food either and don't eat at restaurants. I don't trust any food I haven't prepared or cooked myself.

Soldato
Your better off buying some cheap ingredients and chucking a quick meal together.
You are, but unfortunately that seems to be beyond a lot of people. Why our schools don't teach proper cooking from scratch I do not know. Nothing exciting, just how to make a tomato sauce for pasta, maybe a soup or two, an easy beef stew.

I don't trust any food I haven't prepared or cooked myself.
That's rather an extreme view. We can all avoid dodgy looking places, but why wouldn't you trust a professional chef of XX number of years experience in a decent restaurant? Seems very OTT.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
That's rather an extreme view. We can all avoid dodgy looking places, but why wouldn't you trust a professional chef of XX number of years experience in a decent restaurant? Seems very OTT.

It is extreme I agree but that's just how I am. It doesn't help that I suffer from IBS and my stomach doesn't close off properly meaning I have severe acid reflux so I am very limited in what foods and drinks I can actually have. So spicy, fatty and rich/acidy food are off the menu, which covers most takeaways/fast food and restaurants.

Associate
Did the bins earlier so can't check now. I'll pick another up tomorrow and let you know the ingredients lol.

I'm not gonna bet there's much real meat but it tastes OK.

Edit: OK tell a lie they're not 69p, might have been before.

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-inspired-cuisine-chicken-curry-with-rice-400g/4088600069920

I think Id be seriously questioning my life if I was eating these. Do you wait 'till they're on offer and then stock up?

How much do these cost to produce and whats the markup on that 75p?

Back
Top Bottom