Take ONE, Get TWO - new GIGABYTE upgrade programme

Soldato
@GIGA-Man Not sure who to contact - The motherboard arrived but two of the memory slots don't work. Technical support advised I contact who I bought it from and get a replacement, as they aren't a store they can't do a replacement service.

Can you help or advise where to go? RMA process will mean I'll be spending nearly a £100 in total for this replacement motherboard.

Associate
OP
Hello Decmatt,

Oh, I am so sorry that's happened.

I will get it picked up and sent back to you ASAP at our cost, mail [email protected] when you are ready for us to collect (cannot do weekends sorry). Just confirm address and date to me in the mail and I will get it arranged.

Associate
OP
So you registered at the time of the promotion, now that you have e-mailed the upgrade address no one is replying? What date did you e-mailed and what was the address, you can mail the details to me at [email protected]

If you attached the email you sent the upgrade address, it will help me get it sorted for you.

Associate
So you registered at the time of the promotion, now that you have e-mailed the upgrade address no one is replying? What date did you e-mailed and what was the address, you can mail the details to me at [email protected]

If you attached the email you sent the upgrade address, it will help me get it sorted for you.

Ive just sent you an email with some forward emails i had sent to support, just over half way through (as i wasnt sure if it was 11Feb 17 or 11Feb 18 i had to upgrade)

The upgrade web link is broken / not working for me, and still waiting on a email back from Gigabyte about how to upgrade.

Thanks very much GIGA-Man.

Associate
I am getting it looked into and have already processed the e-mail you sent me :)

Good Man thank you. Just need to figure out what Mobo options available, and if i can afford to upgrade from "DDR3 - 1150" Socket to the "DDR4 - 1151" prob cost close £400 for CPU + DDR4 upgrade?

Any suggestions per current PC Spec :

Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK | 2x KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC - SLI | Avexir Core Red Series 16GB 2666Mhz | White Corsair Carbide 500R | Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-Sync 144Hz | Corsair Hydro H110i GT

(Down to 1 Graphics card now , was just outside warrenty and they wont replace it , Sad times)

Soldato
Good Man thank you. Just need to figure out what Mobo options available, and if i can afford to upgrade from "DDR3 - 1150" Socket to the "DDR4 - 1151" prob cost close £400 for CPU + DDR4 upgrade?

Any suggestions per current PC Spec :

Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK | 2x KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC - SLI | Avexir Core Red Series 16GB 2666Mhz | White Corsair Carbide 500R | Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-Sync 144Hz | Corsair Hydro H110i GT

(Down to 1 Graphics card now , was just outside warrenty and they wont replace it , Sad times)

Your gonna have to go i7 to i7 , 8700k as anything isnt worth it coming from your current .
Ultra Gaming or Aorus 5 ,latter having better VRM and superior sound to rival boards .
Deals going on at ram at the store and should make money back on selling your chip and current ram !

Associate
OP
Hi, apologies for this. I have chased our team again to ask for the update, they were out of the office last week. Don't worry about your time running out I logged your request so will make sure it gets honoured.. Although it should get answered before that...

Associate
Hi, apologies for this. I have chased our team again to ask for the update, they were out of the office last week. Don't worry about your time running out I logged your request so will make sure it gets honoured.. Although it should get answered before that...

Hi gigs-man they emailed me back with the following ,
Our suggestion and have stock are

GA-Z170-Gaming 7 and GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 and GA-Z170X-UD5 TH for free Upgrade.

Are these in line with what others here got? Thought they got 200 and 300 range?

Haven't done my homework yet on what's best to go for any advice welcome!

Associate
OP
Hi Marrkk33nan,

I think because you were asking based on your current spec that's why they were recommending these. I will ask them to tell you what is available from the newer chipsets.

Associate
Hi GIGA-man, I've just emailed the marketing email address as I cant recall ever getting a further confirmation email when I registered in 2015. Hope you can confirm and I'll look to upgrade my mobo. I bought the UD3H-BK from OCUK.

Associate
OP
Hi GIGA-man, I've just emailed the marketing email address as I cant recall ever getting a further confirmation email when I registered in 2015. Hope you can confirm and I'll look to upgrade my mobo. I bought the UD3H-BK from OCUK.

Hello Adam-R, can you let me know the serial number of the board you have, I will check if we have it registered for the upgrade programme.

Associate
OP
mark33nan, thanks for being patient. I am in the process of getting you a Z370 to offer and will get back to you soon. Your case was opened before the promotion cut off day so don't worry.

Back
Top Bottom