Takeaway / fast food general discussion

Soldato
For sure, I mean if I want some junk food I could order from Burger King, McDonalds etc.. via deliveroo/uber eats but I could also walk <100 meters to my local Tesco express, grab a rustlers, bottle of coke or milkshake, some of those freezer fries you just throw in the microwave etc.. and I’d have a cheaper and arguably better junk food meal.

I mean the freezer fries come in multi packs ditto to the cokes/Pepsi etc.. so can just keep a supply of those at home and just use when I get the occasional discounted Rustlers. Way cheaper than a fast food place.
those frozen microwave fries are disgusting and taste like the cardboard box they come in!

Man of Honour
Prices and food quality aside - anyone really having bad luck with delivery apps? It feels like, every third order is a complete shambles with something missing, wrongly prepared, or receiving someone elses order entirely?

Caporegime
Stick it in a warm (not cooking hot, just warm) oven for 5 minutes when you get back to warm it back up to the temp it was 5 minutes ago ??

I'd normally eat it in the car, the one time I ate inside the foood court it seemed a bit warmer. Though I find it hard to believe in the time I trot back to the car it gets that much cooler.

Caporegime
Prices and food quality aside - anyone really having bad luck with delivery apps? It feels like, every third order is a complete shambles with something missing, wrongly prepared, or receiving someone elses order entirely?

Only time I’ve had that issue is when ordering from a shop on a delivery app, takeaway orders have generally been OK. (Aside from one ridiculous McDonalds order where some delivery people screwed up/cancelled and the food arrived cold - I complained and got a full refund).

Soldato
Tbh I've had a lot of maccies and KFC recently and the chips have never been what j would describe hot, and life's too short to go and complain - especially in takeaway/drive thru sitchy.

Back
Top Bottom