Tate Brothers - Round 2

So in summary she is a lot more travelled and familiar with international language and speech than you sitting in your basement.

I own my own house thanks. My point was she isn't an expert in Romania and I doubt very much she speaks the language. Not sure why you've chosen to bring me into the conversation but I've been to plenty of countries.

The bbc were given the docs in Romanian and then translated them back to english themselves, whether it was an online translation or a human we'll never know.

My bad and i stand corrected, i completely missed the bit in the BBC article where it states -
Some of the messages may originally have been written or recorded in English, then translated into Romanian by prosecutors and re-translated back into English by the BBC.

Still, you would assume they have translators on hand like most major news outlets have although, whilst i appreciate the original case file is in Romanian, i'm surprised the original English transcripts weren't included alongside translations for accuracy :confused:

Does anyone know if the 'case file' was supposedly leaked to outlets, or did they just hand copies of it out? I'm guessing the former but...

Last edited:
What do you think that actully means?

One of the dumbest things is that people assume impartiality means you have to not call out people for stuff they’ve done wrong. It doesn’t.

For example saying climate change is real and not made up is a fact. That is impartial. Not being impartial would be going actually it’s up for debate and let’s get a climate denier on

Yeah, I noticed it right away, "by Lucy Williamson". The woman has a major issue with him.
And yet if she's put her name on the article she's going to have to be able to defend it to anyone that queries it in management, and in legal if there is a complaint.

I'm going to hazard a really wild guess that she's reported what a professional translator has told her it is saying (quite likely someone from the BBC monitoring unit that covers Romania), and quite likely got at least one other person who can speak both languages to check it is correct and will have the document trail to prove that if needed.

comment removed
Utterly pathetic.

And if you don't think rape is at least as much about power or control in many instances then you really don't have a clue.
There is a reason why old women and children are often the victims of rape in many wars (and not just the local beauty contest winners), and it's nothing about how "attractive" they are, it's about imposing control, disgracing them, or forcing people to leave.

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest context is key. just popped "I'm going to slave these bitches" into google translate and it came back with "Voi sclava acestor cățele", then ran that through another translation website and it comes back with "I'll slave for these bitches". So yeah, the original would be required, as on one hand he's 'making these women his slaves', and on the other he's going to 'work really really hard for them'.

Hmm which do we think is more likely? Tate exploiting women which he is on record as saying he did or him salving away for those same women :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hmm which do we think is more likely? Tate exploiting women which he is on record as saying he did or him salving away for those same women :confused: :confused: :confused:
I think if the prosecution is giving out 'evidence' for the BBC to openly report on then why not the original English versions rather than a bunch of transcribed docs that can be open to interpretation :confused:

Will the BBC also report the evidence for the defence as front page news? Also I missed Lucy's interview with the two women claiming they weren't victims for example, were they not available or did she not ask them? This is how the bias is showing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom