Tate Brothers - Round 2

Alleged comes up in that article 14 times.
It's just a rehash of the BBC one from yesterday isnt it? I said yesterday the issue of having something translated to Romanian and then back to English is that the context can change drastically.

And they have to say alleged as they cant present it as factual currently.

It's just a rehash of the BBC one from yesterday isnt it? I said yesterday the issue of having something translated to Romanian and then back to English is that the context can change drastically.

And they have to say alleged as they cant present it as factual currently.

So what do you think he actually might have said? I struggle to understand how it can be that wrong that it makes the quote look totally innocent.

So what do you think he actually might have said? I struggle to understand how it can be that wrong that it makes the quote look totally innocent.

To be perfectly honest context is key. just popped "I'm going to slave these bitches" into google translate and it came back with "Voi sclava acestor cățele", then ran that through another translation website and it comes back with "I'll slave for these bitches". So yeah, the original would be required, as on one hand he's 'making these women his slaves', and on the other he's going to 'work really really hard for them'.
Before you get all uppity Im not claiming he said anything of the sort just pointing out that translating from english to romanian and back to english is probably not the best idea to base an article on.

@C Kent showed in post 1093 how translating one of the alleged statements from English to Romanian and back to English can completely reverse the meaning. None of us know what he might actually have said. All we know is what has been alleged and that it is possible that the translation altered the meaning (or it may not have done - we simply don't know). If the original English statement had been provided by the BBC then we would know what was said.

To be perfectly honest context is key. just popped "I'm going to slave these bitches" into google translate and it came back with "Voi sclava acestor cățele", then ran that through another translation website and it comes back with "I'll slave for these bitches". So yeah, the original would be required, as on one hand he's 'making these women his slaves', and on the other he's going to 'work really really hard for them'.

Last edited:
@C Kent showed in post 1093 how translating one of the alleged statements from English to Romanian and back to English can completely reverse the meaning. None of us know what he might actually have said. All we know is what has been alleged and that it is possible that the translation altered the meaning (or it may not have done - we simply don't know). If the original English statement had been provided by the BBC then we would know what was said.

To be perfectly honest, I expect the orignal english doesn't mention slaves or enslaving at all, I expect thats the romanian 'shorthand', I mean who the hell talks like that?

Back
Top Bottom