Tea / Coffee Mugs

Soldato
53152563867_43297a8a2c_h.jpg

Reactions: L_D
Soldato

I have a weird aversion to transparent mugs for holding hot drinks. It's like I feel I shouldn't be able to 'see' the hot beverage in its entirety, like its wrong somehow, like I should only be able to see the sides of cold drinks like Pepsi. Maybe I have a unconscious suspicion that transparent mugs are somehow inherently weaker structurally than normal mugs, which my concious mind knows is untrue. I realise just how weird this sounds, but there we are, no see-thru mugs for me.

Soldato
seeing espresso is useful to see attractive crema .. and if you were doing some king of stratified cappuccino maybe too,

hot chocolate, with espresso wand, with the real cups
.. a bit too bowl shaped for filter coffee though, with no surface tension.
53153784657_240ec014e1_b.jpg

Soldato
seeing espresso is useful to see attractive crema .. and if you were doing some king of stratified cappuccino maybe too,

hot chocolate, with espresso wand, with the real cups
.. a bit too bowl shaped for filter coffee though, with no surface tension.

Weirdly, that photo with the transparent mug actually looks like Guinness to me :D, which being cold I wouldn't have a problem with :D. I think my brain may be wrong.

HC1

HC1

Permabanned
How many tea / coffee mugs do you have, and do you use all of them?

I think I have far too many, but wanted to see if it is the norm :)

Since downsizing my life a few years ago and ridding myself of all non essentials I've now just got 1 of everything in my home (apart from clothes). Lots of stuff in the kitchen just means lots of cleaning/washing up.

Soldato
At least this many:
L4E9NkNh.jpg

And no I don't use them all. :p
We try to buy a starbucks mug from wherever we are. Forgot in New Orleans last month.... £45 on Ebay....... Gits...
We've got 2 corner cupboards full of mugs... But i have my special selection... New York Big starbucks mug for my morning coffee. Then the normal sized ones throughout the day.... Plus we have the tradesmen cups. The family cups... The posh cups and ones we've had for years.....

Soldato
About 20. Some were gifts. Some I prefer drinking normal tea, fruit tea or coffee from them. Have a mug each for my parents and a couple for workmen that come round to do jobs. The latter ones I'm not fussed if they break as have no sentimental value in them.

HC1

HC1

Permabanned
Touchwood, but I rarely get spiders in my flat fortunately!

My flat is almost bullet proof against spiders now but somehow every autumn a few always manage to sneak in for the winter months and they're experts at hiding. You never know you've got any until one evening you'll be watching a movie with the lights on low and you'll see a sneaky critter scurrying across the floor or crawling up your leg. It's very hard to totally get rid of spiders after you've seen one as they lay the egg sacks in places you can't get to/see. You can go 3-6 months after killing a couple of big ones and never seeing anymore for a while but then all of a sudden the babies have grown up and the cycle begins again. I'm hoping I've fully cracked the problem this year after all the money I've spent sealing off pipework gaps and fitting mesh screens on windows before summer started and spraying insect poison in every nook and cranny for over 6 months :eek:

Soldato
My flat is almost bullet proof against spiders now but somehow every autumn a few always manage to sneak in for the winter months and they're experts at hiding. You never know you've got any until one evening you'll be watching a movie with the lights on low and you'll see a sneaky critter scurrying across the floor or crawling up your leg. It's very hard to totally get rid of spiders after you've seen one as they lay the egg sacks in places you can't get to/see. You can go 3-6 months after killing a couple of big ones and never seeing anymore for a while but then all of a sudden the babies have grown up and the cycle begins again. I'm hoping I've fully cracked the problem this year after all the money I've spent sealing off pipework gaps and fitting mesh screens on windows before summer started and spraying insect poison in every nook and cranny for over 6 months :eek:

oh-thats-terrifying-milana-vayntrub.gif

Soldato
More than we need. Although i have 2 of the same mug that i like and my wife has 2 of the one she likes and they get used a lot. The others are more for if people come round.

Mugs are one of those things that are cheap and can look good, so you see them and think ooh they're nice we'll buy a couple. Then get home and still use the old one because you prefer it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
We try to buy a starbucks mug from wherever we are. Forgot in New Orleans last month.... £45 on Ebay....... Gits...
We've got 2 corner cupboards full of mugs... But i have my special selection... New York Big starbucks mug for my morning coffee. Then the normal sized ones throughout the day.... Plus we have the tradesmen cups. The family cups... The posh cups and ones we've had for years.....

I try to get a Starbuck mug too, except i have a rule that i do not get the ones in the photos here because they are the same design. I like the more seasonal, 1 off designs.

Like this one, it has the Tokyo Roastery 2023 date on it. It is only sold at that store and for 2023.

5SWlvN9.jpg

Or this one is 2019, when they first opened.

2vmJ4DZ.jpg

Sometimes I get espresso cups if they are nice, this is from Busan, Korea.

KN2OQdH.jpg

Or something like this, it says Tokyo Japan, without saying it.

8r8vDPn.jpg

Soldato
I try to get a Starbuck mug too, except i have a rule that i do not get the ones in the photos here because they are the same design. I like the more seasonal, 1 off designs.

Like this one, it has the Tokyo Roastery 2023 date on it. It is only sold at that store and for 2023.

5SWlvN9.jpg

Or this one is 2019, when they first opened.

2vmJ4DZ.jpg

Sometimes I get espresso cups if they are nice, this is from Busan, Korea.

KN2OQdH.jpg

Or something like this, it says Tokyo Japan, without saying it.

8r8vDPn.jpg
Oh, Nice

We had 2 Big London ones turn up today.
I may have to look out for those other types......

Soldato
After looking on youtube at coffee machine reviews people seem to be using glasses these days and not mugs

I never thought of using a glass for tea or coffee before

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom