Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Associate
Send one Haribo back please we over supplied.....Don't want you over your simple sugars allowance for the day!!!

I don't know what to say, I have already eaten them haha.

Nice to be talking to one of the best overclockers in the world and you know/deserve it, as your website say's http://8pack.co.uk/ .

I tell you what, i will buy a big pack of haribo and send that instead.

If you come out with an 8 pack motherboard, GPU, psu, case or all the components I will buy them as I know you have our best interests at heart for performance.

I already know you do ram and CPUs binned ones that are advertised as 5ghz and that is what I know.

This 8 pack ram is a success with thousands sold and is priced competitively, I would like to see more 8 pack pc components like with your ram so that as well is priced competitively.

There would be a reason why you could be holding back with your 8 pack brand.

So yea and the 8 pack brand will be exclusive to ocuk I think.

I bet you had to do a contract with team group so you in partnership to come out with 8 pack ram, I like to hail your success here.

Your essentially an overclocker celebrity as well as a bodybuilder.

I bet you swear by your 8 pack brand and everything you do.

Ramble over.

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully more 8Pack components to come yes. Ofcourse we have close links to team group and only sell 8Pack product within the Caseking group.

thumbs_up_emoji_white_sml_1024x1024.jpg

Soldato
Brought second set same sku on website but is branded t force instead of teamgroup and xmp is cl15 instead of cl14 I'm testing the ram right now and it has hit an error already

eC60tp6.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
For us Ryzen boys

Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.3.0
changelog:
* added initial support Hynix CFR (18nm), Micron E-die (16nm)
* substantially reworked most of the presets (timings, procODT, RTT, voltages)
* the "custom profile" now works a little differently, in most cases the XMP data is simply not compatible with Ryzen, so some timings are calculated according to a special algorithm. My opinion, importing a profile in most cases will not be successful anyway, AMD and Intel controllers have huge architectural differences and signal tolerances.
* combined Samsung e-die / d-die (v1 profile d-die, v2 - e-die)
* Extreme preset got a new life (I remind you that any memory requires additional cooling, if the memory heats above 52 degrees the system loses stability. AMD I have notified.)
* Overclocking potential DRAM is back for samsung b-die (for other chips, support will be added later)
* the combination for procODT + RTT now has more accurate recommendations for frequencies, with a change in frequency, these parameters change
* some items have been removed (for example, the recommendations have become smaller, DQS str + Data drive has been removed because most motherboards do not have these settings. These settings work only on ASUS CH6 / 7)
* new AGESA brought some changes in the power supply (PMU) for SOC / DRAM, the difference between generations of processors I did not see, because the choice of processor generation was removed
* appeared protection from stupid situations, when memory is not capable of working at the desired frequency, but the calculator gives suggestions
* added Help tab with 4 button (Overclocking Statistics + Information support)
* in the folder with the program now there is a picture, it is a methodical tool to help you set up the system

https://drive.google.com/open?id=107Prv-5iCdzMSs_y6MgGpzOgODAPof2m

vxKtowJ.jpg

news and some important information:
A huge amount of time was spent on testing, because of this I had to delay the release of the new version. There is a problem you need to know about. Timing tFAW in most cases does not have a fixed time, the rule tFAW = tRRDS * 4 does not work, this timing must be selected manually. For example, 3666 I have stable only at tFAW = 27, and 3333 at tFAW = 17.

There is also a nuance, not all motherboards of the X470 generation received a new bus topology. The difference is in procODT, for example 3666, I can make it work with procODT 48, but some cards require procODT 60. In case of failure, you need to check the neighboring values of procODT.

AGESA 1.0.0.4c has an improvement in DRAM overclocking, at the moment AMD strives to ensure that most of the key settings work perfectly in automatic mode. First of all it concerns CAD_BUS. The values 24 24 24 24 are relevant for single rank. The release of the final bios is scheduled for the end of July.

At the moment, AMD has provided the developers of motherboards with a new AGESA 1.0.0.5. In addition to the Specter 2 patch, it is not known what it provides yet.

Shame I dont have 8pack kit to test out how it goes. From what I seen know 3600cl14 should work on this kit :)

Soldato
For us Ryzen boys

Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.3.0
changelog:
* added initial support Hynix CFR (18nm), Micron E-die (16nm)
* substantially reworked most of the presets (timings, procODT, RTT, voltages)
* the "custom profile" now works a little differently, in most cases the XMP data is simply not compatible with Ryzen, so some timings are calculated according to a special algorithm. My opinion, importing a profile in most cases will not be successful anyway, AMD and Intel controllers have huge architectural differences and signal tolerances.
* combined Samsung e-die / d-die (v1 profile d-die, v2 - e-die)
* Extreme preset got a new life (I remind you that any memory requires additional cooling, if the memory heats above 52 degrees the system loses stability. AMD I have notified.)
* Overclocking potential DRAM is back for samsung b-die (for other chips, support will be added later)
* the combination for procODT + RTT now has more accurate recommendations for frequencies, with a change in frequency, these parameters change
* some items have been removed (for example, the recommendations have become smaller, DQS str + Data drive has been removed because most motherboards do not have these settings. These settings work only on ASUS CH6 / 7)
* new AGESA brought some changes in the power supply (PMU) for SOC / DRAM, the difference between generations of processors I did not see, because the choice of processor generation was removed
* appeared protection from stupid situations, when memory is not capable of working at the desired frequency, but the calculator gives suggestions
* added Help tab with 4 button (Overclocking Statistics + Information support)
* in the folder with the program now there is a picture, it is a methodical tool to help you set up the system

https://drive.google.com/open?id=107Prv-5iCdzMSs_y6MgGpzOgODAPof2m

vxKtowJ.jpg

news and some important information:
A huge amount of time was spent on testing, because of this I had to delay the release of the new version. There is a problem you need to know about. Timing tFAW in most cases does not have a fixed time, the rule tFAW = tRRDS * 4 does not work, this timing must be selected manually. For example, 3666 I have stable only at tFAW = 27, and 3333 at tFAW = 17.

There is also a nuance, not all motherboards of the X470 generation received a new bus topology. The difference is in procODT, for example 3666, I can make it work with procODT 48, but some cards require procODT 60. In case of failure, you need to check the neighboring values of procODT.

AGESA 1.0.0.4c has an improvement in DRAM overclocking, at the moment AMD strives to ensure that most of the key settings work perfectly in automatic mode. First of all it concerns CAD_BUS. The values 24 24 24 24 are relevant for single rank. The release of the final bios is scheduled for the end of July.

At the moment, AMD has provided the developers of motherboards with a new AGESA 1.0.0.5. In addition to the Specter 2 patch, it is not known what it provides yet.

Shame I dont have 8pack kit to test out how it goes. From what I seen know 3600cl14 should work on this kit :)

lol, that's comical. Not the methodology, that's probably sound - just the fact it's needed

Soldato
Its not the same SKU at all.... The C14 is 8Pack Samsung high bin B die IC. The others are not.

Same sku on the website I mean.

I purchased team group dark pro 3200CL14 ram

It says 3200CL14 on the sticker on the box as well.

But the box says t force instead of team group, although the picture on the OCUK website shows team group dark pro.

I dont know what the labels say on the dimms as I Didnt look.

The XMP is diferent as shown in cpuz.

I hope it makes it clear what I said, so no I didnt pick a different product on the website.

Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/
MY-08L-TG

From yesterday.

Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/
MY-08L-TG

From the first kit, so you can see I purchased what I believed to be the same product.

Now I have spent a lot of hours trying to get it error free, even willing to drop to CL15 if I had to.

I tried the following.

Change CL14 to CL15 in bios, leaving rest of XMP in place.
Boosting VCCIO and VCCSA voltage, I simply reverted them to auto for a large boost.
Manually increasing some timings some have suggested on some overclocking websites but sadly it hasnt resolved my issue.

I have observed the vast majority of people only run 2 dimms and is a fair amount of reports on the net of people struggling to get modest speeds like 3200mhz out of 4 dimms stable. So I dont know if its a thing where only can only expect non SPD speeds on 2 sticks or something is just wrong here.

If you look at the 4th picture on this page.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

It shows team group logo at top of stick, thats the sticks I got in the first set, but the new set says t force instead there.

Cpuz shows CL15, but if I check XMP in aida64 the XMP profiles match (both sets have same 4 XMP profiles each), but the SPD profiles still mismatch.

What I will do tonight.

Remove all 4 dimms and put the 2 new dimms in on their own in the primary 2 slots, set XMP again in the bios to see if it picks CL15 or CL14 and then test with just those 2 dimms, to see if they at least stable on their own. But after that I dont know what I am doing moving forward, ram is expensive, and I am not going to sit on £200 hardware that isnt working as I expected.

From my perspective the product picture is the same on the website, the description is the same, the brand name is the same, and the spec is the same. I think it was reasonable for me to expect the same spec'd product. So even if the dimms test ok in a 2 dimm configuration I will probably be returning them as they dont match the spec of the first 2 dimms as well as the description on the website unless 8pack can advise a way to make the 2 sets work together in a stable manner.

Last edited:
Soldato
One day, in the distant future - enthusiasts might understand why mixing/combining memory kits is ill-advised.

I didnt buy different ram to what I already had, see my newer post.

When I got the box I didnt have the old box to hand so when I opened the box the rebrand from teamgroup dark pro to tforce was not immediatly apparent.

The first sign something might be up was when installing the sticks as the logo is t force not team group, but that could be a simple rebrand, the sticker on the box still says 3200CL14 and also 8pack logo is on the box.
I didnt notice the second sign of the CL15 XMP until I loaded up cpuz after they were installed.

So perhaps its not a good idea to make assumptions right.

old box is on the left, I had to look for it, it wasnt at hand when I opened the new box, but notice the label on bottom of right box has matched specs.

PLcBcFU.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Something is defo not right here. Dual 8Pack dark pro kit is 14-14-14-31 all are...... The quad xtreme are 14-14-14-36 none at 3200mhz are c15 and defo not c15-14-14 some none 8Pack are 15-15-15.

What are the serial numbers?? Our part numbers and all details please I will check this tomorrow.

Soldato
My friend received his Dark Pro 8Pack 3200MHz ram which we installed a few days ago.

Weirdly the two modules looked slightly different. One said Team Group the other said T Force.

Same timings tho so I installed them.

Soldato
Something is defo not right here. Dual 8Pack dark pro kit is 14-14-14-31 all are...... The quad xtreme are 14-14-14-36 none at 3200mhz are c15 and defo not c15-14-14 some none 8Pack are 15-15-15.

What are the serial numbers?? Our part numbers and all details please I will check this tomorrow.

Yeah I will get this for you, but I have done more work, and I think its misreporting in software, a quick update.

The CL15 is actually the older kit not the new kit, so the new kit reports CL14 in cpuz.
I basically removed the old kit, set bios to SPD, set it back to XMP, and recorded all the timings.
Did same with old kit.
I can confirm on both kits all XMP timings match in bios, including secondary, third and fourth timings, the primary been 14-14-14-31, the SPD timings are different but you dont promise anything on these so thats a moot issue I guess, I am guessing at some point a revision got made to the product, the new kit has the superior SPD timings.

I have also done some more testing, and concluded the 2nd set of dimm slots on my asrock board can only go up to 3000mhz stable, this is based on 4 combinations been tested.

Old ram in primary dimm slots
New ram in primary dimm slots
^^ no errors in XMP.
Old ram in secondary dimm slots
New ram in secondary dimm slots
^^ no errors in SPD, errors in XMP at rated speed, no errors at XMP timings but speed reduced to 3000mhz

The board is asrock z370 k6 fatality. Seems the secondary dimm slots are not as good as the primary, there is some posts on the internet from asrock users about having to slow dimms down to make them stable in secondary slots. Asrock do tell users to only use those slots in a 4 dimm configuration, but I did this testing to see where the problem might be and I think I have found it. All 4 dimms in my opinion are not faulty.

I have not yet tested all 4 together at 3000mhz tho. These tests take a while and I need sleep and to work also
smile.gif
1 hour per ramtest run and about 3 hours to do a hci run for 200% coverage.

I apologise for the salt, it kinda frustrated me when I read I went and brought a mismatching kit, hope you understand.

If it works at 3000 with all 4 dimms in I will probably be happy and not return anything, I will get the serial numbers for you regardless tho.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
The modules and the IC should remain the same, they have simply refreshed packaging to update to T-Force.

I believe Dark Pro is no longer a heatspreader used by TeamGroup, as its a heatspreader I designed and gave them permission to use and the heatsinks are still stocked by TeamGroup now exclusively for our 8 Pack none Extreme kits.

The Extreme kits use the slightly taller heatspreader designed by Kevin Wu but have 8 Pack signature on them.

All kits are guaranteed Samsung B Die and hand tested by Kevin Wu and 8 Pack themselves to ensure quality.

Soldato
Ok 3000mhz 14-14-14-31 is fine with all 4 dimms installed, I adjusted TRFC down to 300 from 480 to recover half of the benchmark losses from 3200 to 3000 as well.
Interestingly I tested playing with primary timings, but the boosts were not even worth considering.

How should I supply the serial numbers? in this thread or via a private form of contact.

Soldato
how hot will these dims get if I was to say remove the jackets? space in the chassis is unbelievably tight and theres zero space for them , but could do with the ram

Just do a search for "Ram Cooling Fan". I don't think our hosts sell them, but other e-tailers do. I have 2 but they came for free with a couple of DDR3 kits i bought years ago. As it happens, if you want to clock your ram past 3333 on Ryzen, it's always a good idea to use active cooling. It adds very little noise if you want a quiet system but can make a lot of difference to hitting a much higher ram clock. It can also help to spread a bit extra cooling to the VRM's as well if you are liquid cooled.

Back
Top Bottom