Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Soldato
This is why I went for the 3600 c16 as I have read that many have not got the 3200 c14 to reach that. I still think the 3600 is a slightly better bin to reach that. Plus it’s more cost as I think they cherry pick the ones that reach the 3600 making them cost more even though there the same bin.

The 3600 c16 should do 3200 c14 ok I would have thought.

The 3600 is actually slightly worse in ns 8.88 vs 8.75 on the 3200.
The stories you read are probably from people using these with the older zen CPUs as the memory controller wasn't as good so anything over 3200 wasn't a given.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is why I went for the 3600 c16 as I have read that many have not got the 3200 c14 to reach that. I still think the 3600 is a slightly better bin to reach that. Plus it’s more cost as I think they cherry pick the ones that reach the 3600 making them cost more even though there the same bin.

The 3600 c16 should do 3200 c14 ok I would have thought.
It isn't. Why would people selling the stuff say it was otherwise? If it was not the same bin how is it I can get my 3200 all the way up to 3733 C16 at only 1.38v and that is without me actually trying hard or anything as I am sure I could either lower the voltage or increase performance.

End of the day it is your money and if it gives you piece of mind and you don't want to overclock and just stick in on xmp then go for it. But you can't say it ain't from the same bin when everything including the people selling it are telling you otherwise ;)

Soldato
End of the day it is your money and if it gives you piece of mind and you don't want to overclock and just stick in on xmp then go for it.
TNA has hit the nail on the head here, if you just want to set xmp then get the 3600 and pay a slight premium on it, but if your willing to put some time in and configure yourself then the 3200 is the go too option for saving some cash and you can gain another 10% performance over the 3600 xmp.

Associate
Ohh crap I thought the 3600 would have been better as it cost more. I am surprised that they charge that much more just for a xmp profile.

Bugger. Never mind live and learn. Oh well at least I can try out the 3200 c14.if I want and try some overclocking to the 1:1 ratio if I Can get it there.

could have saved me £ 40 never mind.

Might send it back and get a refund and get the 3200 c14. As I am sure you can send it back under the same 14 days. As £40 is a lot for the same ram

Soldato
I'm thinking of switching to this RAM, but I have a Dark Rock pro 4 cooler, so is this RAM too tall? I know you can move the front 120mm fan up for more clearance though.

Associate
I'm thinking of switching to this RAM, but I have a Dark Rock pro 4 cooler, so is this RAM too tall? I know you can move the front 120mm fan up for more clearance though.

I have that cooler and been told all ram slots used and this cooler fits There a image on here somewhere that shows all 4 slots filled with the dr pro 4

Last edited:
Associate
Just been on the phone and overclockers said that the 3200 ram is not guaranteed to clock at 3600 that’s why the 3600 is more money an It not just a locked profile.

I did say it’s on the forums but did not comment. So I do t know

Soldato

I have an 8GB kit of these lying around, these Dark Pro sticks have the same heatspreaders.. ( cba to take one of my 8 Pack sticks out of my PC :D ).

Hope this helps :)

LWjUhDm.png

Associate
It's the same ram, my mate bought the 3600cl16 variant and it shows as 93% quality, same as my 3200cl14 stuff. I've manually timed mine in at 3600cl14 and 3800cl16.

I got the RMA number but have not even opened the pack yet. Lol. He did say on the phone that it’s not the same but could be just saying that.

I reckon it would cost me about £6 to send it back and replace it for the 3200 making it about £34 saving still.

Associate
I got the RMA number but have not even opened the pack yet. Lol. He did say on the phone that it’s not the same but could be just saying that.

I reckon it would cost me about £6 to send it back and replace it for the 3200 making it about £34 saving still.

That's odd, pretty sure Gibbo has posted up on the forum saying it's the exact same bin, which makes sense as every set reads 92-93% quality. Regardless, either kit will do whatever the ryzen 3000 is capable of, the limiting factor won't be ram, it will be CPU IMC or mobo.

Soldato
FYI, I got the 3600cl16 and it does fit with the Dark Rock Pro 4, though it's a tight fit. No way I could add another couple of sticks though, as I wouldn't be able to get a stick in the first slot. Thanks to those who gave me the measurements & pics to help see if it would fit.

Associate
FYI, I got the 3600cl16 and it does fit with the Dark Rock Pro 4, though it's a tight fit. No way I could add another couple of sticks though, as I wouldn't be able to get a stick in the first slot. Thanks to those who gave me the measurements & pics to help see if it would fit.

It’s will fit the first slot but you would need to remove the cpu heat sink first then put the ram in and then put the heat sink back on. Images on this site shows all slots can be used with this heatsink.

Soldato
It’s will fit the first slot but you would need to remove the cpu heat sink first then put the ram in and then put the heat sink back on. Images on this site shows all slots can be used with this heatsink.

Thanks, that makes sense. At least I don't have to worry about that for now.

One thing I have found is that the benchmarks are coming out slightly slower than the previous Corsair Vengance RAM I had installed, which had much worse timings, which seems weird. CPU-Z confirms the RAM is running XMP CL16 timings at 3600. I will have a go at overclocking, though I've seen it suggested that underclocking to 3200 and tightening the timings can actually give better performance.

Soldato
Thanks, that makes sense. At least I don't have to worry about that for now.

One thing I have found is that the benchmarks are coming out slightly slower than the previous Corsair Vengance RAM I had installed, which had much worse timings, which seems weird. CPU-Z confirms the RAM is running XMP CL16 timings at 3600. I will have a go at overclocking, though I've seen it suggested that underclocking to 3200 and tightening the timings can actually give better performance.

xmp actually sets quite loose timings especially trfc which gets set to 500 something, I have this running at 280 for example. would recomend using the ryzen d-ram calculator and trying for 3800 with the same CL 16 though depending on the cpu this may not be obtainable. for example my cpu is happy at 1900 IF yet my brothers will only do 1867 so his ram is running 3733.

Associate
xmp actually sets quite loose timings especially trfc which gets set to 500 something, I have this running at 280 for example. would recomend using the ryzen d-ram calculator and trying for 3800 with the same CL 16 though depending on the cpu this may not be obtainable. for example my cpu is happy at 1900 IF yet my brothers will only do 1867 so his ram is running 3733.

What CPU do you both have? I'm going to be starting my overclocking on my team group xtreem 8pack 32gb today. Not looked at my If so I believe it'll be half of 3600mhz as I've axmp with the set and I'm already more than happy. Just want to start overclocking for some fun really. My CPU is the Ryzen 5 3600 standard cooler so won't be overclocking that yet as it's little gain really it's more than enough for what I want. But I am keen as hell to tighten my ram even happy with 3600 with cl14. Dram calculator says I can but my system says no lol

Back
Top Bottom