Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Associate
Would the Team Group Dark Pro 16gb memory conflict Height wise with the Noctua u12s AM4 cooler. Would really appreciate any guidance as I'm contemplating my first build on a x370 asus strix motherboard.

Would prefer the Team Group memory as I want to avoid Ram incompatibility.

Associate
Thankyou for the reply.

I received official confirmation from noctua, that all should be well. See below:

Received official confirmation from Noctua support that the heatsink does not interfere with these memory modules, provided it is install in the usual way. See reply below:

"As long as you install the heatsink in the usual orientation (airflow towards the back), the cooler does not interfere with the memory modules at all."

This was with the view to using the heatsink on a x370 strix or b350 gaming f strix motherboard.

Soldato
Would the Team Group Dark Pro 16gb memory conflict Height wise with the Noctua u12s AM4 cooler. Would really appreciate any guidance as I'm contemplating my first build on a x370 asus strix motherboard.

Would prefer the Team Group memory as I want to avoid Ram incompatibility.

You may may be able to lower the height of the RAM by removing the top part of the heatspreader.

I'm still waiting on @8 Pack to check it though. I have items in the basket ready to order, just waiting on him.

Associate
8 Pack that's useful info. Not to sound dense, but I'm a relative novice when it comes to PC building. Is it simple as just removing screws to remove the heatspreader? Also if this is the case would this negatively affect the ram in terms of heat? If not I'm guessing the heatspreader is something purely cosmetic.

Associate
Just in case this is of some use to someone, I was having issues with my RAM speed resetting to default even with the profile enabled and when using manual setup mode, I changed the boot DRAM voltage to 1.35v and not had the issue again after a few days testing.

Soldato
Done^^^^^

Thanks @8 Pack that is a massive help.

For the sake of the extra £20 i might go for the 3866Mhz stuff. I'm guessing I can just drop the speed and the timings down to 3200 for ryzen. Or I may just go for the extra and get X299, I can't decide.

Is the picture on the website wrong for the 4133MHz RAM? It looks different to the picture posted.

Associate
Just wanted to confirm I've got my replacement memory kit and it's now good to 3066 (vs 2666 before). I'm absolutely certain the limitation now is with my CPU's IMC/SOC though, as I can run 3066 with really tight timings but 3200 will result in memtest errors even at the slackest of timings. I'm more than happy with that.

Permabanned
I would choose 7820x given the choice of those two. Especially if your mainly a gamer.
With the 7900x or above will it be able to handle:

3x3.5 inch sata drvies - My media raid storage
3xSSD - my games and work documents
3xM.2 drives - for VM and encoding work

Maybe put a media encoder card into system, depends how i get on with CPU encoding. I will be gaming, encoding and running vms all at the same time. I do not want to spend 2K on one processor, budget for CPU and motherboard is £1500-£2000

Back
Top Bottom