Tennis

Soldato
Thing is when she plays well she is genuinely capable of beating the best.

But in terms of earnings, her sponsorship deals make playing tennis look like a hobby. Knowing you've "made it" financially must damage her motivation.

Theres only so far you can maintain the spot light though. I don’t really watch TV so don’t know if she’s in ads but I suspect she’s no longer tier 1 as she won’t be on the front page or making news headlines let alone the back page.

Anna Kournikova and Gene Bouchard similar but without the GS win, the latter being an instagram model.​

Won’t let me unbold that text for some reason. Shows it as not being bold on my edit but not once I save.

Last edited:
Soldato
Past 3am in the end. It's pretty damn ridiculous, especially given it's not rain interrupted due to the both main courts having a roof. The players don't like it, and do mention it, but they really need to kick up more of a fuss.

Soldato
Well, Djokovic goes 2 sets to 1 down against Cerudolo and comes back to beat him while only having 1 leg.

I was getting shades of Federer's last Wimbledon during this match as Novak couldn't move for large parts of it. He didn't bother to run for drop shots, lobs or anything that wasn't within a metre of him. Then the magic pills kicked in, and he proceeded to dismantle Cerudolo.

Typical Djokovic.

Soldato
Alcaraz ended up smashing it after the above post. He went 0-40, thought he was away to go and break back but then Alcaraz strolled it from there. Difference in those last two sets with him just going for it was the difference.

Another heart breaking loss for Zverev, won’t be as bad as when he threw away that US open though.

Soldato
The AO is difficult for him, as Sinner, and arguably Medvedev and Zverev all have the upper hand on the fast AO surface.

Zverev actually beat Alcaraz at this year's AO in part due to Alcaraz not getting as many look-ins on Zverev serve as he does on slower surfaces.

Still, he has the skill to do it.

No mention at all on here about Iga winning 3 RGs in a row, and her 5th grand slam over all. That puts her up there with tennis greats such as Hingis (who was utterly dominant as a 16 year old), and Sharapova.

Caporegime
No mention at all on here about Iga winning 3 RGs in a row, and her 5th grand slam over all. That puts her up there with tennis greats such as Hingis (who was utterly dominant as a 16 year old), and Sharapova.
She’s unreal on clay, Raducanu played amazing against her a few weeks ago and still came out a heavy loser. Was it only Rybakina that beat her on clay?

Back
Top Bottom