Tennis

Soldato
With the form Rybakina is in and the added variety to her game now if she's in the final it would be difficult to see Paolini or Vekic taking set.

IMO 3rd or possibly 4th is the best at GS and extended masters tournaments. Hope you enjoy your day though.

Soldato
Fantastic match between Paolini and Vedic. Vekic probably should have taken it, but Paolini hung in there and really tested Vekic's fitness. Vekic looked to have a forearm issue, and was gassed between points, but there was high quality tennis from both. It was also the longest women's Wimbledon semi final in history.

Unfortunately for Paolini (who was comfortably beaten in her last tournament final by Iga), Rybakinia is in sensational form. I can imagine it being a pretty quick final.

Fantastic match between Paolini and Vedic. Vekic probably should have taken it, but Paolini hung in there and really tested Vekic's fitness. Vekic looked to have a forearm issue, and was gassed between points, but there was high quality tennis from both. It was also the longest women's Wimbledon semi final in history.

Unfortunately for Paolini (who was comfortably beaten in her last tournament final by Iga), Rybakinia is in sensational form. I can imagine it being a pretty quick final.
I had it on in the background but it sounded exhausting even to me! Lol!

Looking forward to both male semi's tomorrow although I really REALLY don't want Novax to win but he probably will.

Associate
Can't believe Rybakina lost that, just went to pot after the first set. Seemed to be when Krejcikova started yelling at the top of her voice every point she won.

Soldato
Well, didn't see that coming. Krejcikova really upped her game after the first set, just like she did with Ostapenko. TBF Krejcikova is a former GS champion and has beaten Iga in the Dubai final before.

As much as I like Rybankina I actually think it will make the final more interesting final, Krejcikova vs Paolini.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a great semi final match between Paolini and Vekic. I don't think I've ever seen such a close and competitive match between two women at Wimbledon especially in the latter stages. Usually one player is dominant early on and it's obvious who's going to win as the shorter best of 3 format doesn't give time for the opponent to respond.

Soldato
Break point. Come on Paolini!

Ok, now deuce.

Championship point to Krejcikova

Back to deuce!

Advantage Paolini!

Deuce

Deuce

Last edited:
Back