Tennis

Soldato
I heard them talking about limiting the number of deuces. Surely it's for the best as it wastes energy just trying to get over the line like this.
Five set tennis is great because it's a marathon not a sprint. It's as much, if not more, about the mental and physical side as the skill. The more you remove the chance for fluctuations such as long games, the worse you make the sport.

Man of Honour
You’d think his quality along with his youth would see him through, but it’s hard to see it being straight sets. Plus we’ve seen both players battle back on numerous occasions.

Soldato
Predictions? I think Alcaraz is going to win, but you can never write Djokovic off. Alcaraz has had a great start, looks confident.

Djokovic has actually looked ok from the back of the court in the longer rallies - at least evenly matched, if not a little stronger. I think the only reason for him playing as aggressively as he is is that he doesn't feel he can go long with Alcaraz in a match with many long points, whether because of his general fitness or his knee.

He'll need to make a tough choice between playing a bit more consistently / defensively and elongating the points, or continuing to be aggressive and hoping that it'll improve. If he does the latter and it doesn't work out, it could be over in 2 hours.

Soldato
Novak getting found out that he cant give 100% due to the recent knee surgery.
Its amazing that he got to the final.

I’ve not watched any of it but to me it’s expected to get to the final due to field not being very strong at all. He was second favourite pre tournament as well.

Soldato
There have been a couple of occasions when he's just come off his forehand when moving right, which I assume is the knee - not confident to put all his weight through it
Last point of that game - you'd expect him to plant his right and swing off it, but he's brought his left around to balance off, and it's made him take an extra step back to the backhand which he's missed

Back
Top Bottom