1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Motors' started by wildest_jjk, May 13, 2015.

1. pioneer2000

Soldato

Is FSD worth having in the UK? Will any of it actually be useable in the near future?

2. PCM2

Soldato

The Model 3 is now available to order in the UK, June delivery currently expected.

Pricing after PICG from £38,900 (SR+).

£47,900 for LR Dual Motor and £56,900 for Performance. Just as an aside that means you'll have to pay the premium car VED (£310/year for years 2-6) even on the SR+.

3. Desmo

Soldato

Autopark and Summon will both work now. Autopark is OK but I find it tediously slow so never use it. Summon is quite handy at times though, I often summon mine out of the garage if I have my daughter with me so I can keep hold of her at the same time.

4. Kemik

Mobster

No PCP option :( Too expensive to buy on HP so will need to wait. I can afford the SR+ on HP but really want the LR.

I would go with Autopilot only for now and then replace in 3/4 years when legislation, etc is all sorted for FSD.

Have a referral link in case anyone is looking for one - message via trust as don't think we're allowed to advertise the link directly.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  5. Del Lardo

Wise Guy

Standard Range Plus - £38050
    Long Range - £47050
    Performance £56050

Not sure if that is with grants, going to play with the configurator now and see which one (if any) can work.

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

Going to get a dirt cheap lease car for a couple of years then look at these. :)

Estimated delivery times seem rather quick?

7. Kemik

Mobster

That is net of grants (i.e. all three models will incur premium road tax).

8. JamesM

Soldato

I was thinking the same.

LR dual motor ordered with FSD in grey, black interior. Kids wanted black exterior but I'll be forever cleaning the damn thing.

9. Del Lardo

Wise Guy

So the one that I would want
    • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
    • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    • 19’’ Sport Wheels
    • All Black Premium Interior
    • Autopilot
    is a £50k car. Too rich for me as my main car is normally only used 6-8 days a month (work from home and long journeys to airports/family).

I know there are fuel savings but that's future Paul's problem, not mine.

10. Kemik

Mobster

I thought that about the white and went with blue. Difficult choice as the white looks amazing.

I'm currently torn between the SR+ and LR. LR obviously has more miles but that is what your at home charger is for. Even long drives I don't mind stopping for 20 mins. Suppose it comes down to if AWD and the little extras like live traffic is worth the extra. With servicing and fuel savings, I actually think the SR+ would be cheaper than me replacing my Golf GTD with an equivalent.

11. Chris1712

Sgarrista

Wish I had the cash for this! Did anyone sneak a peek of the GFVs before they pulled PCP? I'm thinking a second hand P in 2 years is going to be a no brainer!

12. sovietspybob

Wise Guy

I thought the higher tax was for cars over £40k so the SR+ would be fine?

13. Kemik

Mobster

The list price will be before the Government grant (i.e. £41,550).

14. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

So, I'm a deposit holder and I've zero notification of this at all. Really terrible service/communication. Wonder if deposit holders will even get any priority on orders.

Anyway, this is a lot more than I was hoping for it to come in at so I dont think ill be ordering. They've effectively wiped out the fuel savings in the price of the car.

Could've had a Model S for the HP prices that are currently showing as well.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  15. JamesM

Soldato

I've had two white cars now and fancied the change however I must admit I do like the white.

LR accepts the faster charge as well IIRC

16. DiG

Wise Guy

£53,750 for the spec I want, vs $55,500. Was hoping it would be closer to £45000 to be honest and not sure I want to pay *that* much. Not that it matters but not getting any advance access or special treatment given the 3 year wait as a reservation holder doesn't feel great

17. Robbo

Don

So for a good spec one the hire purchase amount isn’t that much lower than the Model S?

They really need some sort of PCP scheme going too.

18. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

I've cancelled my reservation. I was expecting the base model to be a lot closer to £30k before grant. And with the higher price effectively wiping out any fuel saving over an ICE car, then there's really no case for it now.

19. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

$55,000 = £42,100 (xe.com, Tesla won’t get this rate)
    Plus tariff (10%) = £4,210
    Plus VAT (20%) = £8,420
    Less PICG = £3,500

= £51,230,

£53k is spot on then given there is a document and delivery fee added after the US price and some wiggle room in the exchange rate. Not sure why you expected £45k, that was never going to happen.

£40k for the SR+ is well in line with expectations too and in line with what most were posting here a few pages back.

20. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

Keep an eye on EVEZY for a monthly hire/lease with 10 days return notice after the first month. Could be a good way to experience a Tesla without the financial commitment. Assuming they can get stock of course.