Tesla Model X P100D

Soldato
That was a model S iirc.

Also, considering they’re some of the highest rated cars for crash safety this is once again an example of the bias media scrutiny of Tesla.

But like how sites like carscoops seems to focus on how every car that spins out and crashes at a car meet is a mustang!

No cos the model S has a normal door latch with release lever. This story was a model 3 from a couple of days ago. Just sat in Solihull in this one now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Never had any infotainment issues with Mercedes / Toyota / Porsche... can’t say I’m surprised that BMW are awful.

Can’t wait for my Tesla, going to waft past all of the ICE peasants whilst enjoying my spacious and relaxing interior, safe in the knowledge that everyone is desperately trying to find fault with the better technology to justify their outdated mode of transport.
just hope your bumper doesn't fall off cos it's full of water when it rains.

Soldato
You can hard reset the screen in a Tesla on the fly by holding down the 2 buttons on the starting wheel. No need to pull over or turn the car on and off.

I’m not really sure what the issue is with the rear doors, particularly in the fire circumstance highlighted above. If that is a problem how do all 3 door cars pass safety tests or cars with mechanical child locks.

You also need to remember thermal runaway in an EV is a far slower reaction than an engine or fuel tank ignition. The latter can turn a car into a fireball in a split second, thermal runaway on the other hand can take minutes to turn into a significant fire. Granted it’s much harder to put out.

Soldato
just hope your bumper doesn't fall off cos it's full of water when it rains.

I bet all the Focus RS owners who had to get new engines would have been happier with a dodgy bumper!

Or Cayman 987 owners who had to have engine repairs. Or GT3 owners who had cars that spontaneously burst into flames.

Or GT86 owners who have had their cars recalled to have the engine dismantled.

Soldato
Had a good look in/around one a while ago. It's basically a giant ipad with seats and wheels. No thanks.

When the only interesting thing is the oversized tablet glued to the dash, you know it's a forgettable car.
You think the big screen is more interesting than the autopilot and summon features or the supercar performance specs? Sounds like you didn't have a very good look at it.

Soldato
You think the big screen is more interesting than the autopilot and summon features or the supercar performance specs? Sounds like you didn't have a very good look at it.

It's possible for a fast car to be boring, see Audi.

Personally I don't really care about the gimmicks. They don't make a car interesting beyond the first 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like? I assume you aren’t talking about similar class cars? Being 7 seat SUV’s.

I imagine if it was called an i7 and had a BMW badge stuck on the front everyone would be chatting a different game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom