Tesla Model Y

Soldato
All ready to collect mine on Saturday morning from the NEC. Blue with Gemini wheels and black interior so will look the same as Del Lardo's bar the interior colour.

I'll post some photos once I've picked up.

Soldato
I'll admit to being rather torn on our choice of interior colour. Much prefer the white seats but the white accents that will be wood in your car feel very cheap and I think the wood looks a lot better. A little frustrating to pay more and get something worse on the dash.

It was an easy swap in the mkI interior, doesn't look to be on the newer interior.

Soldato
I'll admit to being rather torn on our choice of interior colour. Much prefer the white seats but the white accents that will be wood in your car feel very cheap and I think the wood looks a lot better. A little frustrating to pay more and get something worse on the dash.

It was an easy swap in the mkI interior, doesn't look to be on the newer interior.

The alcantara option from R Symons is very nice, but the price is high: Alcantara Dashboard and Door Trims for Model 3 (rsymons.co.uk)

Soldato
No.

I doubt it will happen either because all other RHD cars are made in China. Even with the logistics costs and tariffs, it’s still probably easier to do it in China rather than setting up supply lines for RHD parts in Berlin just to make cars for us and Ireland.

Either way, Berlin will be LHD only initially anyway while they ramp up. Based on Tesla’s past records, you probably don’t want the first cars off the line anyway.

Is it a particular concern where the car is built?

Associate
No.

I doubt it will happen either because all other RHD cars are made in China. Even with the logistics costs and tariffs, it’s still probably easier to do it in China rather than setting up supply lines for RHD parts in Berlin just to make cars for us and Ireland.

Either way, Berlin will be LHD only initially anyway while they ramp up. Based on Tesla’s past records, you probably don’t want the first cars off the line anyway.

Is it a particular concern where the car is built?

thanks. I'm about to order the LR version with 20s and have concerns about the ride quality, I was hoping this may get addressed as part of the new German production line. the 19s don't look right given the overall size of the car so it will have to be a compromise between ride quality and overall looks.

Soldato
I doubt there will be any changes that impact the ride quality, the cars are pretty much the same regardless of where it’s built.

I’d suggest doing a test drive if you haven’t already.

The rumoured upcoming updates are in the battery department with the new cells but what that actually translates to in the real world and when that will actually arrive is is anyones guess.

Associate
I doubt there will be any changes that impact the ride quality, the cars are pretty much the same regardless of where it’s built.

I’d suggest doing a test drive if you haven’t already.

The rumoured upcoming updates are in the battery department with the new cells but what that actually translates to in the real world and when that will actually arrive is is anyones guess.
thanks, test drive booked for the weekend.

Soldato
thanks. I'm about to order the LR version with 20s and have concerns about the ride quality, I was hoping this may get addressed as part of the new German production line. the 19s don't look right given the overall size of the car so it will have to be a compromise between ride quality and overall looks.

I drove the 19" but ordered the 20" - can't imagine they are as bad as some people are saying - Lots getting delivered with 48/49/50PSI in them probably doesn't help!

Soldato
I drove the 19" but ordered the 20" - can't imagine they are as bad as some people are saying - Lots getting delivered with 48/49/50PSI in them probably doesn't help!
Was spec'ing one up for a colleague and noticed you lose 12 miles of range with the 20's. Changes from 330 to 318. Looks don't matter to them so because there seems to be an ongoing efficiency cost associated with having the 20's, and probably a harsher ride, we selected the 19's.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The larger the wheels, the worse the affect on range. It’s hard to quantify but I’ve seen some YouTube videos quoting 5% loss.

If that extra % matters to you then splurge, if it doesn’t (and you don’t like the look of the 19s) just use that money saved to buy new wheels or wheel covers :)

Soldato
Was spec'ing one up for a colleague and noticed you lose 12 miles of range with the 20's. Changes from 330 to 318. Looks don't matter to them so because there seems to be an ongoing efficiency cost associated with having the 20's, and probably a harsher ride, we selected the 19's.

Yes - indeed small drop off in range but in reality the weather/road surface/uphill/downhill/heating etc are likely to cause more range "issues" than the wheel sizes.

Also coming from a SR+ M3 to a MY LR I'm gaining another 80-100 miles of quote range so splurged on the 20" for looks

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

My wife placed an order for a Model Y last night.

With the price increases on the Model 3, the monthly lease is only £8 pcm more for the Y. Madness.

Associate
Curious, for those that have / have ordered a Model Y, if Tesla had already opened up the supercharger network to all manufacturers, would you have considered something else (Ioniq 5, etc) or still have gone for the Y?

Back
Top Bottom