Test Drive Unlimited 3 is officially being made :)

Really got 0 hype for this at all, basically they've shown nothing of it so far.

probably another DUD like the last forza motorsport game

Last edited:
FOV looks awful and the graphics look about 2008 with a modern resolution.
literally looks like a console game

looks almost the same as but with a few graphics upgrades by AI
13 years of progress I guess...

Last edited:
looks almost the same as but with a few graphics upgrades by AI

TDU2 had amazing attention to detail in the graphics, just a shame some of the shaders and geometry detail can be lacking i.e. if you have an extended view of the coastline it looks gash in the distance and stuff like waterfalls or very hilly terrain look terrible. At times the graphic atmosphere beats just about anything out of that era. I'd happily buy the game all over again with just a modern update of game mechanisms and high res overhaul of the graphics.

Physics looks terrible. has that nfs horrible looking handling where everything is on rails then into a magic drift mode.
from what i remember of TDU2, the physics were actually very good for the time and cars felt like they had weight or lack of it in the caterham. could just blast through the hills for hours.

the physics were actually very good for the time

The physics got a bit of stick at the time, though they were relatively advanced as far as the detail of the simulation went, but IMO they mostly had the right balance of realism vs fun - but some cars were much better physics wise than others and/or felt much more tactile than others. The realism of the physics at times leave a bit to be desired.

Actually the handling mostly wasn't that far off what the real cars are like, at least the ones I've experience of, compared to some games which gets praised for the realism of their physics but IMO are nothing close to what the cars are actually like to drive.

One of the funny ones for me - the VW Golf in TDU2 has snap oversteer which is nothing like the real car, while Assetto Corsa the similar Golf just understeers all over and I can only corner in it in that game at about half the speed I can do in real life.

Last edited:
Driving around dead cities, is like exploration in starfield.

there's literally no signs of life anywhere.
Is there even street bins etc you can smash? can you even knock over the lampposts ?
no buildings with windows you can drive though and smash like it's

all the youtubers are told not to crash into anything?

It makes you realise how much effort rockstar put into making their cities seem like they are alive.

I know it's a driving game but it looks like covid driving simulator

It really looks so boring and bland like any random indie driving game on steam, not even a crisp packet blowing in the wind?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom