*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the deal with whey protein? im looking into taking things a bit further and have read a little on this.

i currently workout using weights for half an hour a day, im a little overweight would taking whey protein mean i put on a bit of fat?

whats best to get and where from etc?

thanks

edit i also read that taking amino acid could aid muscle growth too? is that right? which kind of amino acid pills would be suitable to take?

whats the deal with whey protein? im looking into taking things a bit further and have read a little on this.

i currently workout using weights for half an hour a day, im a little overweight would taking whey protein mean i put on a bit of fat?

whats best to get and where from etc?

thanks

edit i also read that taking amino acid could aid muscle growth too? is that right? which kind of amino acid pills would be suitable to take?

First things first, what are your goals?

trollfacehdv.jpg

Back + biceps sessions today. Went pretty well especially as i had the whole weights area to myself :D

Deadlifts;

60kgx8
80kgx8
90kgx6
100kgx4
110kgx1
60kgx8

New best for me but i think ive got a bit more in me for another day :p

Skill mister that's some good work mate. If you want to see what you're capable of, doing a couple of light warm up sets, the using sets of 3 - 5 reps, keep adding weight. Reckon you'd be good for 125 - 130 easy :)

Chicco, that's some astounding work man, and seeing as I remember seeing pics of you before, you must be looking massive at a lean 73kg :)

Good work all! \o/

Pleased with my bench press tonight, I was a bit worried about aggravating my RC but looks like it was OK with the work I've been doing recently. 140kg x 2 :)

Skill mister that's some good work mate. If you want to see what you're capable of, doing a couple of light warm up sets, the using sets of 3 - 5 reps, keep adding weight. Reckon you'd be good for 125 - 130 easy :)

Will try that next time :D

heres the vid for 4x100 and 1x110 today. any pointers on my form would be great but it felt alright. normally take my gloves off to deadlift but the gym was so hot my hands were sweating buckets, could hardly hold onto 60kg without them! excuse the timestamp, its one of those tiny cameras that were posted in GD a while ago and i never bothered to correct it :p

Looks fairly decent. Work on getting your chest up though, as at the moment it looks like your shoulders are on front of the bar, so it's taking a curved path on the way up. Getting the chest up, without dropping the hips is the main thing that puts the back into the correct position for the lift.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom