*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The change from the first photo is very impressive, but once he gets to about 20 seconds in, he doesn't really change for the rest of the video.

anyone else get sore veins when really pushing yourself ? not painful, and not medically wrong - but just uncomfortable

often I get this in my forearms - but more recently now also around my neck - especially after doing a load of max bench presses etc

lol Steedie its probably not the veins themselves - I guess

probably tightness of the skin etc - when I'm working hard- in particular my forearms become very veiny - which I suppose is a good sign - but like I said it can then sometimes feel uncomfortable

going native off the assisted pull-up bar has worked wonders last week or 2 - I'm now using one of the benchpress bars - at its highest raised level - and with my knees bent I can do pullups with much more space around me

now managing about 8-9 of the easier palm backward ones, and about 5-6 now of the palm forward ones - set of those + benchpress then repeat over and over

doing my lats a load of good thats for sure !

wife part jokingly winged yesterday that I was getting rather triangular

Last edited:
Oh yeah definitely then in that case

Forearms when pumped feel so tight that it does get uncomfortable, especially when doing an exercise which brings them into play. But I think it's an awesome feeling, especially when you poke them and they feel like rock

Started the gym Tuesday doing a full body 3 day a week work out, an hours mixed cardio on the other days. Still struggling to walk without lots of pain from the squats, but due to do them again today. Does anyone know of any good ways to ease the pain a bit before i go gym? or do I just have to lift through it? :D

I strongly dislike it!

Chicken can be roasted, fried, grilled or turned into soup. I do not enjoy chicken out of a microwave or just boiled/poached. Bland rubbery junk I say.

Only had it once and it was boring and the texture was crap. Slap it in the oven with some 7-spice on any day.

Thanks guys :) I normally do stick it in the oven, I just need to start spicing it up so its nicer for work lunches :o

I may try pouching just once to see how it is...but it sounds dead odd!

Stumbled upon this today:) It's a couple of years old but thought you guys might appreciate it if you haven't seen it already.

That is actually really cool :) The change at the start is amazing...then it stays about the same, then he eventually bulks up a bit more so to speak towards the end.

Brilliant

And as an after thought...my shoulder is giving me jip again...only did a few pull-ups =/

If there's nothing else use the Smith's, I did for over year and it did me some good.

If I recall Benny squatted from the the benchpress, he got in under the bar and lifted it off, then did squats and put it back.

That depends on the benchpress though, if you're up for a little challange go for that.

Got a dilemma: Had to change gym and the new gym does not have a squat/power rack just 2 smith machines. Do I continue to do my squats on the smith? Or try rig something else up? :)

Id use what you have so squat in the smith (IIRC your feet have to go a bit further forward).

Could also try cleaning a barbell up and front squatting (if you have one)

or dumbbell split squats.

If I recall Benny squatted from the the benchpress, he got in under the bar and lifted it off, then did squats and put it back.

That depends on the benchpress though, if you're up for a little challange go for that.

Tried the bench technique and it was ok but felt a bit uneasy when unloading.

How heavy do you go for squat?

150kg for sets, can do more but had an ankle injury from football not too long ago.

Id use what you have so squat in the smith (IIRC your feet have to go a bit further forward).

Could also try cleaning a barbell up and front squatting (if you have one)

or dumbbell split squats.

Dumbbell squarts = no likey.

Thanks all for alleviating my squat stress :)

Might try Front squats though.

I definitely need to shift my feet forward a bit more on the smiths.

This is all to true!!

squata.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom