*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling the burn and pump from pushing yourself hard on leg day = Godlike.
Stumbling down the stairs and limping out the gym = Proud.
Vomiting like a baby, every single piece of food/drink you had that day and ending up with a gaping throat = Enough to put the weakest off!

As I just demonstrated :p Man, I feel awful! Two years of training now and I still haven't got the hang of quad/leg days!

Which reminds me, I'll finally get some new pictures up tomorrow. It's been a while.

Ugh!

I the squat bar rolled forward a bit today on my last set, took a bit of skin off my lower neck.

Not nearly as bad as what the bloody powerlifting belt did to my sides though.
Looks like someone was beating my with sticks till i was a bloody mess there.

Huge bloody bruises that are really puffy, running all the way from the sides above my hips to nearly the centre front.

I was focussing so much on squeezing out those reps on below parrallel wide stance squats I never even felt the belt dig in, in the slightest.

My neck and sides were on fire in the shower and then I put on aloe vera hahaha.
Silly belt haha.

Annihilated my back and biceps tonight. Blew it into orbit and back. Had the biggest and fattest whey/glutamine/creatine drink afterwards I've ever had. Girlfriend is frying the biggest steak I've ever seen and shovel full of greens. Jumping in bed at 8pm for a full 11 hour sleep. I swear my biceps and lats will be bigger tomorrow when I get up :p

So I just did my first gym session today :) , yay. Squats ,Deadlifts, Bench press, feel really sore and I am eating like an African child, just literally cant stop eating :|, anyway, I been reading this thread a lot and notice a lot of people complaining about people doing curls in the squat rack xD

Today when I got there the gym instructor actually had moved a bench to the inside of the squat rack where he was showing this guy how to do inclined press or something, I thought that was really funny considering how much it annoys people here LOL :D

So I just did my first gym session today :) , yay. Squats ,Deadlifts, Bench press, feel really sore and I am eating like an African child, just literally cant stop eating :|, anyway, I been reading this thread a lot and notice a lot of people complaining about people doing curls in the squat rack xD

Today when I got there the gym instructor actually had moved a bench to the inside of the squat rack where he was showing this guy how to do inclined press or something, I thought that was really funny considering how much it annoys people here LOL :D

I wouldn't be bothered with someone using the rack for that as it's useful if you don't have a spotter, but there's no need for a spotter while curling :D

My weight has been increasing nicely since christmas. I imagine I'm carrying some water but still, I look as lean as ever. My goal was 13st but I think I'll aim to go over that just to account for water retention. I put a lot of the gain down to not training my legs as hard/consistently as I have been.

12/12/2010 12st 2lbs
13/02/2011 12st 5lbs
19/03/2011 12st 7lbs
08/04/2011 12st 9lbs
06/05/2011 12st 12lbs

Using a rack for safety when pressing of anything worthwhile is an obvious good idea. Doing barbell curls in a squat rack is completely different :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom