*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will ask him. He did say that classes are 80kg and lower, 80kg - 105kg and 105kg and up. He's 114kg so obviously competing in the super heavy weight class. He's got a competition coming up in 15 days. Has to deadlift 180kg as many times possible in 60 seconds. Don't know if any of these facts help to identify the federation.

Extremely happy and seeing some big gaines with my progress at the moment, this weekend managed to squeeze out 40kg weighted dips,

Built up
10kg x 10
16kg x 10
26kg x 8
40kg x 6 *6th rep i sqweeled like a little girl, that echoed round the gym, it burnt!

I am pretty pleased with the following considering I only weigh in at 64kg and now moving up nicely on weighted pull ups.

Managed to squeeze out a final set of 18kg x10 to finish yesterday

I use gloves for deadlift as I get bare sweaty palms. That's the only movement I need gloves for though! But many will swear they're far too homogay for the gym, some prefer to use flamboyantly coloured rubber straps instead :p

Currently doing a 4x8 routined full body split

Starting at 40% of 1RM
then
50%
60%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%

Not many isolation exercises but it's going to be bloody brutal.

They will include:

Incline bench
Squats
Deadlifts
BORs
Front Squats
CGBP
Clean & Press
Shoulder Press

Then a couple of additional exercises to superset or finish me off after the main movements:

Chins
Calf raises
Core work

The 40% workout is a little easy, but it's a great way to practice form and do some nice slow negs and get your body hungry for more.

90% week is going to be tough for 4x8 - but I can't wait - by then the strength should have come back, though 215kg deads for 8 is going to be interesting! :D As will 180kg squats.... though my 1Rms have dropped siginificantly so will be basing them on 220kg for deads and 180kg for squats as my 1RMs for the moment.

I like this sort of progressive work. At the moment it's a 3-day split, with some HIIT on off days.

Random question.

My grip has started to restrict me again on my lifts. Main reason is I get very sweaty hands and having a polished bar without any grip marks makes it hard for me, I'm always worried I will drop it. Not allowed any liquid chalk or what not so thats out of the question. Straps are a no go.

A while back I was doing behind the back shrugs and some chap gave me a couple strips of very thin rubberised plastic that he had cut. I wrapped this around the bar and they were awesome. Kind of like a non slip mat. However for the life of me I cannot find any on the net, my google-fu is failing me.

Have a look at these, they're kevlar straps with rubber strips on the inside to stop them from slipping.
http://www.zuluglove.com/weight-lifting-wrist-straps--zulu-defcon-225-kevlar-7-p.asp

Good see you're starting back FF!

I'm doing something similar with my work.

Doing a reset on your lifts can really help. I'm thinking of doing the same with my work.
In light of me having access to so many free weights now.

Random question.

My grip has started to restrict me again on my lifts. Main reason is I get very sweaty hands and having a polished bar without any grip marks makes it hard for me, I'm always worried I will drop it. Not allowed any liquid chalk or what not so thats out of the question. Straps are a no go.

A while back I was doing behind the back shrugs and some chap gave me a couple strips of very thin rubberised plastic that he had cut. I wrapped this around the bar and they were awesome. Kind of like a non slip mat. However for the life of me I cannot find any on the net, my google-fu is failing me.

Why are straps a no go?
I've seen a few blokes with long sponges to help with grip.

Here here. Go deep or don't bother. IMO.

You would have loved the guy doing squats after me yesterday. He loaded 100kg straight up, followed by a few more sets up to a max of i think 160kg. Bear in mind this guy was no bigger than me i would have been impressed but this was how low he went;
sdsddsdsdsdsd.jpg

epic paint skillz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom