*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've lost 4lb so far :) and that's just for cutting out eating crisps, chocolate, sweets and binge eating (Eating when bored etc) and I'm saving up for a bike still which will help out.

But proud of that so far :D

Associate
Guys does anyone know good gyms in central Edinburgh that are well stocked? I have a great deal at the uni gym for £88 for a calendar year , it's huge, very well stocked (being also the training ground for Hearts) but it is so far away to get to. Conversely, there is one just outside my house that charges £35 a month and has hardly any equipment (being mostly about the pool).

Soldato
Well tonight was my first time EVER arms only workout :o

Still following Kris Gethin's 12 Week programme.

Today was just one exercise each for tri and bi, pyramid 50/40/30/20/10/20/30/40/50

Was supposed to be do one then the other, but i thought it would be more fun to superset them only resting 30sec max between sets.

Arms are PUMPED!!

Soldato
Oh yeah, I have a good one for you. Further to what icecold said:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4814/mustardstuffed-chicken

I have tried it with a variety of fillings but my favourite so far is Jamie Oliver's garlic and chili pesto with torn up ball of mozarella. You can buy 6 breasts, make them all at once, and put them in the fridge (cheese doesn't freeze well). They will keep for 2-3 days. Delicious!

Added to list of things to make over next couple of days.

Man of Honour
Well tonight was my first time EVER arms only workout :o

Still following Kris Gethin's 12 Week programme.

Today was just one exercise each for tri and bi, pyramid 50/40/30/20/10/20/30/40/50

Was supposed to be do one then the other, but i thought it would be more fun to superset them only resting 30sec max between sets.

Arms are PUMPED!!

That's a lot of volume for arms!! :eek:

|I'm surprised you can move them at all! :D

Soldato
I've been training for about a year now and have been having 3 meals a day. I am now trying to move onto a better diet of 6-8 meals a day and was wondering if you all wouldn't mind having a quick look at my diet and throw out any suggestions.

What I was having before:
Breakfast: 95g porridge oats cooked with milk. 1 Banana - 1 scoop protein with milk
Lunch: 3 slices of bacon, 3 slices of turkey bacon, 2 duck eggs
Dinner :2 fillets of Chicken/Fish with some vegetables. - 3 scoop protein with milk and tablespoon of peanut-butter

New Diet:
8:30am - Gym: 10Km Cycle or 4Km Run
Breakfast - 9am: Porridge oats cooked with milk (Not sure how many grams I should have?). 2 Boiled Eggs. 1 scoops protein with milk
11am: 1 Scoop Protein with milk
Lunch - 2pm: 1 fillet Chicken/Fish with Veg/Brown Rice/Salad OR Chicken/Fish Sandwich
3:30pm: 1 Scoop Protein with milk
5:30pm - Gym Weight lifting (45-60mins)
6:30pm: 1 or 2 Scoop Protein with milk
8:00pm - Dinner: 1 fillet Chicken/Fish with Veg/Brown Rice & Salad
10:30pm: 1 Scoop Protein with milk

I would like to get some fruit in here somewhere, but am not sure where to add it in?

Now a little about me. I'm 5'10, 165lbs. I have bulked up a bit since starting to go to the gym last year. Now my concern with this new diet is putting on a lot more weight. My previous diet consisted of (approximately): 2292 Kcals, 146g Carbs, 64g Fat, 261g Protein. Does the above "New" diet look good for bulking up or losing body fat? I have got to a size which I am happy with at the moment and don't have much desire to put on much more mass. So I am looking to drop my body-fat % to look more defined. So I thought this new diet would be the first step to that, as it should help increase my metabolism

Soldato
I ate my days food in 3 meals instead of the usual 5 today. Have to say i was starving by the time i ate each time and extremely full afterwards but i think i could get used to it and probably end up prefering it. Finished uni so i dont have to worry about 20 minute gaps between lectures being my eating time and can get it down me whenever.

@Steedie, not long till you can pig out on everything and it'll be so worth it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I ate my days food in 3 meals instead of the usual 5 today. Have to say i was starving by the time i ate each time and extremely full afterwards but i think i could get used to it and probably end up prefering it. Finished uni so i dont have to worry about 20 minute gaps between lectures being my eating time and can get it down me whenever.

@Steedie, not long till you can pig out on everything and it'll be so worth it :)

I would love to just have the 3 meals a day. However I get really light headed and weak at work if I don't have something to eat often.

Caporegime
tbh theres so much rubbish spouted about bodybuilding and weightlifting and diets you dont know whats true and what isnt.

i think mens health is the worst for it too.

also everybodies genetics is different, i know someone who eats crap all day long and weighs nothing (6 pack).

i think the best thing to do is just eat as healthy as you can and train hard, supplements - just the essentials should be used, fish oil, multi vit, protein and a pre workout if you suffer from lethargy or lack of motivation. and you dont need to be using them everyday, just here and there.

Soldato
Had quite a heavy session tonight.

Squatted 150kg for 1 shakey rep. Think ill leave it a while until I attempt that again. Dropped the weight and banged out 5x5 at around 100kg average.

Deadlifted 60,70,90,110,120,130,140, then 150.. grip was killing me so left that.

Then moved onto some leg exercises to finish. Gonna feel it tomorrow :(

Soldato
Yeah its mental. Depending on what you read its either 1,3,5 or 7 meals a day, no more than 30g protein per meal/as much as you want, get up in the middle of the night to eat cottage cheese to avoid muscle wasting away/no need, etc etc

Gonna give this 3 meals a day with a couple of snacks a go and see how i get on. Considering im now doing cardio on my off-days it might not end well without me eating even more :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom