Not open for further replies.
So I managed a PB best today at deadlifts:

5x 60kg
5x 60kg
4x 80kg
1x 90kg
1x 100kg.....
1x 110kg..... :D :D :D!!!!

I'm sure to a lot of you 110kg isn't anything....but I weigh 75kg...thats 1.5times my own body weight, and was also a target of mine! It was really hard, the bar nearly slipped out of my hand but I managed to keep hold and lower it safely!

I'm totally ruined now though, no energy, but i'm soooooooo happy :D!!

Still extremely skinny and weedy with no muscle mass, but my targets of 1rep 80kg bench and 1rep 1.5times body weight deadlift achieved :D!!

Now to increase my targets?!?

....my back is totally ruined today, I even struggled to bend over and wash my face in the sink. It's my lower back, really hurts :o..dammit!

Ah good ole complexes. Suffering all round mwahahaha!

I'll be swimming instead. Joining that little hotel gym today.

No way in hell I'll be doing my planned deadlifts at 180kg for sets.
This summer I'll swap over to more volume based training.

8-10 reps all round.
Time to get big I guess.

Last edited:
Did some chest/triceps yesterday:

Bench press: 8x 50kg, 8x 50kg, 8x 55kg
Decline press: 8x 50kg, 8x 50kg, 8x 50kg
Chest dips: bodyweight x8, bodyweight x6

Close grip bench press: 8x40kg, 8x40kg, 8x 40kg.
Rope push-down: 8x 11kg, 8x 12kg, 8x 16.25kg.
Skullcrushers: 8x 10kg, 8x20kg, 8x 20kg.

Managed to forget my flys...also, with all this, I'm wondering if I might switch to 5x5s to match my legs, maybe I'm being too impatient about mass building :(.

Kind regards,

David

Broke my middle finger on my right hand... 8 weeks to heal :(

Any ideas for upper body workouts i can continue during this period...obviously major mass builders with overhand grips are out of the question but i was thinking might be a good time to go light (just to change it up for this lull period)...maybe try some inventive lat/low and cable exercises?

Any ideas would be great guys, really dont want to regress :(

....my back is totally ruined today, I even struggled to bend over and wash my face in the sink. It's my lower back, really hurts :o..dammit!

I can never tell if its doms or ive done my back in the day after deadlifts. Its such a strange feeling that im still not used to. Obviously the day after the day after everything is fine and it was just doms but still... :p

Its leg day leg day gotta get down on leg day

Broke my middle finger on my right hand... 8 weeks to heal :(

Any ideas for upper body workouts i can continue during this period...obviously major mass builders with overhand grips are out of the question but i was thinking might be a good time to go light (just to change it up for this lull period)...maybe try some inventive lat/low and cable exercises?

Any ideas would be great guys, really dont want to regress :(

I've got torn ligaments in my little finger form about a month ago. I didn't splint it, just strapped it and now it's healed curved with shorter ligaments, lol.

Once one of your fingers becomes unusable your grip is completely compromised/useless. Quite frustrating. Luckily I can strap up and do still have use of it but I try not to use it as much as possible at the moment.

Week 9 of my BB cutting programme. Until this week i've been losing a kilo a week. This week i stayed static :(. A couple of social obligations messed things up a bit. Heading into the last quarter of this programme, gonna step it up and go super strict for the next 3 weeks.

I've seen something like that from the kid in my estate. Went fom skinny to that second pic in 4 months.

Then it comes out that my friend's brother saw him stick the ole needle in his bum at the town gym's showers.
I've no respect for people like that.

Fast forward a year later and now he's a fat blob.

On some better news, I just trained at the little hotel gym. It was alright, for a light day. I decided it's time to propperly break in my powerlifting belt. It stil cuts in a bit and leaves some bruises, but not early as bad as the last time.

I maxed out their barbell and it was only a little 145kg.

Deadlifts
65kg x5
95kg x5
105kg x5
145kg x5
145kg x5
145kg x5

Max size dumbbels is 30kg :/
Rows
30kg x10
30kg x10
30kg x10 Not a challenge at all.
Going to start with bent over rows again.

Nothing for pullups so used the cable pull down.
It's got no KG markings just numbers for each plate.
I put it on number 12.
Was somewhat challanging, but not really much effort needed.
3 sets of 5 reps.

At least they have some dipping bars. They're super narrow though, my elbow nearly rub against my sides.

20kg x5
30kg x5
40kg x5
40kg x5
40kg x5
20kg x5

I spoke to the trainers there and asked if they'd allow my to bring in my own 7 foot Olympic bar if I bought one.
They said it's no problem for them, I'll just have to ask their manager and see it they'll allow it.

So the trainer is going to ask and I'll ask as well.

If I can bring my own bar and leave it there during the summer I can atleast get to do 190kg deadlifts. As the have the plates just not the bar.

Hopefully I'll get the green light. That means I can deadlift, clean and press.
And I can squat as long as I clean the bar up.

Fingers crossed they allow it. That way I can order the bar for €100, rated upto 350kg. Then later I can slowly start buying my own plates and start putting together a home gym.

its funny when you see people who know nothing about something and then comment on it, its like the people commenting on nutrition and working out after reading mens health.

anyway i'm off to find a new routine, my current one isn't up to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom