*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I asked about info I made a mistake in my post, got ignored, corrected it got labelled "gay", then a user said I should have done something years ago, thanks for that captain hindsight.

Notice this a lot when posting in here.

I notice the clique on ocuk, I will do it on my own done it so far, trail and error, peace out *****

i just looked at your age :eek:

mind = blown.

first of all the person(s) labelling you gay were clearly joking.

people telling you, that you should have done something years ago are correct, its science, your best age for building muscle is 18-25. after that it becomes extremely hard, not impossible, but an uphill battle.

ive never seen you post in here before.

also, i actually tried to be as helpful as possible, its people like you that make me just troll everyone instead.

good luck removing that stick from your ***

Soldato
Not posted in here for a while so a little update for those interested, I've quit weight lifting all together now and really focused on shrinking (yes shrinking). I Really took a good look at my diet and cut out all the processed stuff the worst being the sweeties :o, but still have a treat once a week to keep morale up (chicken shish with salad).

I was so used to bulking previously to maintain/increase strength I never actually thought about cutting lol, so basically I'm seeing the fruits of all the lifting I have done over the years slowly but surely sticking to three meals a day. I literally just walk six to eight miles a day and work the pads in the evening with my partner, I'll hit these pads two thousand times. Not much to some but walking long distances combined with boxing and sensible eating I've dropped four stone so far not to mention a lot of strength :cool:.

I am starting to plateau now with the weight loss but thats to be expected, I'm twenty stone now aiming for eighteen stone this year then I'll be happy.

Soldato
img1011x.jpg
I have those dumbbells, mean on the old calluses aren't they. :p

Man of Honour
How dare you call my bike a fixie! It's a fixed gear, or more accurately a fixed wheel bike :p

I'm sorry for offending your bikes feelings, it'll always be a fixie to me though. :p

I asked about info I made a mistake in my post, got ignored, corrected it got labelled "gay", then a user said I should have done something years ago, thanks for that captain hindsight.

Notice this a lot when posting in here.

I notice the clique on ocuk, I will do it on my own done it so far, trail and error, peace out *****

I said that unless you'd been doing it for years you wouldn't be able to get to the same size and strength of legs as a pro cyclist in the same way they did - yes it's obvious but it was meant to be a bit of levity and I thought that a comment about time machines would suggest it wasn't entirely serious. I wasn't sure what level of knowledge you're starting from but if I assume too much knowledge then there's a risk you'd only pick up some of what you need to know, if I assume too little then I'm condescending - funny old World isn't it.

^TANK^: Good to see you back and hear the update, that's a big change you've made so I hope it's proving worthwhile for you. :)

Soldato

Lol.

There was a load of sound advice.

Instead of training XYZ to be an Olympic cyclist, you could lift some leg weights and bulk up leg mass to a similar level within a fraction of the time.

Quit your whining. Also I'm in agreement that people with massive leg muscles and tiny upper bodies look silly, as does the other way round.

Soldato
cheets, you might want to have a read of this
Link
It's been posted and reposted in most cycling forums, but it's still a good read.

Also (yes i feel dirty for linking to the DM) here's a summary of Vicky P's training week
Link

If you want to get into track cycling, step 1 get a fixed gear bike. You will find it very hard to just turn up and ride if you've not ridden fixed gear before.

Caporegime
OP
Not posted in here for a while so a little update for those interested, I've quit weight lifting all together now and really focused on shrinking (yes shrinking). I Really took a good look at my diet and cut out all the processed stuff the worst being the sweeties :o, but still have a treat once a week to keep morale up (chicken shish with salad).

I was so used to bulking previously to maintain/increase strength I never actually thought about cutting lol, so basically I'm seeing the fruits of all the lifting I have done over the years slowly but surely sticking to three meals a day. I literally just walk six to eight miles a day and work the pads in the evening with my partner, I'll hit these pads two thousand times. Not much to some but walking long distances combined with boxing and sensible eating I've dropped four stone so far not to mention a lot of strength :cool:.

I am starting to plateau now with the weight loss but thats to be expected, I'm twenty stone now aiming for eighteen stone this year then I'll be happy.

Awesome fella :D
I know what you mean though, I'm swimming loads at the mo (not losing weight though) and am slowly getting much fitter.

Keep it up and you'll hit 18st and feel much better than before :D

Soldato
cheets, you might want to have a read of this
Link
It's been posted and reposted in most cycling forums, but it's still a good read.

Also (yes i feel dirty for linking to the DM) here's a summary of Vicky P's training week
Link

If you want to get into track cycling, step 1 get a fixed gear bike. You will find it very hard to just turn up and ride if you've not ridden fixed gear before.

Just read the first and that was an informative read :). I'm currently heading on a roadtrip round england to different citys and alton towers. Terribly bad food here we go! Next week I'll be back and start cutting though :p

Man of Honour
Congrats on the change Tank :)

tbh cheets it was a bit of a silly question. How do you get big legs with good definition? Exercise your legs properly and reduce your body fat. Is cycling the best way of doing this quickly? Probably not, high rep squats and leg pressing would be better. Is Chris Hoy a freak? Obviously yes, he's an elite athlete.

Soldato
what amount of calories do people on here aim to eat a day ? I'm struggling to keep tabs of how much I should be eating- I'm aiming for about 2,500 calories a day but not sure if thats correct or not - on advice onhere I've been trying to limit (but not cut out as I LOVE BREAD !!) my carb intake which was very high and substitute with extra protein.

I'm 5'4 and about 62.5kg - I had got down to 59.5kg just before Christmas (from 86kg originally)

this week's training:

Monday: lunchtime: Biceps/Chest/Situps - 1hr
evening: 6km flat out run

Tuesday: gym - Triceps/Back/Squats/Situps - 1 hr + 2k tread mill run

Wednesday: gym- lunchtime: Biceps/Chest/Situps - 1hr
evening - 17k run (1hr 30)

Thursday - DAY OFF :)

Friday: gym-: Biceps/Chest/Situps- 2k run on treadmill

Satuday: gym: Triceps/Back/Squats/Situps + 5k on treadmill

Sunday: morning: 17k run
evening: Biceps/Chest/Situps

I'm not aiming for ultimate bulk - but trying to convert any mass I have into muscle

most of my gym work is low reps near max weight- then pyramided down. I tend to rest between sets by doing a different exercise - so it'll be say incline bench, bicep curls, pull-ups, situps, back to incline bench etc etc

Soldato
wow - how come Mackerel is so calorific ? I've some nice hot smoked honey+soy mackerel fillets this week from Waitrose ... taste loverly... lots ofprotein etc

.... 250g per pack - all fine

320kCAL per 100g !!! crickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom