*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Went high reps with the squat today for a bit of a change. Dropped down to 110x15 and by the end of the third set I was seriously contemplating just collapsing and letting the bar crush me:( Hated it! They should make criminals do high rep work instead of going to jail.

Caporegime
Went high reps with the squat today for a bit of a change. Dropped down to 110x15 and by the end of the third set I was seriously contemplating just collapsing and letting the bar crush me:( Hated it! They should make criminals do high rep work instead of going to jail.

most criminals inside prison work harder in the gym than you ;)

Soldato
That;s a lot of volume with a fair bit of weight. I find 1RMs for squats easy enough, repping is a bitch.

Probably too much in retrospect; I'm absolutely destroyed now and couldn't manage any other lifts, meaning a three working set leg day. Not the best. Been in the 5-6 rep range for a good six months, so is quite a shock to the system.

most criminals inside prison work harder in the gym than you ;)

Haha! You're probably right, but they don't get to use their muscles to launch women around:p

Soldato
Squatted last night, Topped out at 130kg for a few sets of 5.

I have the ability to 1 rep 150kg but I dont feel happy with the form. Ill get there soon though. Just gotta concentrate getting it right.

Tonight is shoulders and Im looking forward to it. My strength is coming along well.

Soldato
Oh and reading someones hatred for bicep curling olympic bar, Im the same, its horrible, but I love it :)

I superset curls with reverse curls and I love the burn :D

I just hate bicep work in general. It makes me feel dirty and that people are looking at me in disgust when I do it.

Hence my biceps being extremely weak! If not for rows, deadlifts and pullups they'd be useless.

Soldato
In one sentence I said I hated and loved curling. Lol Im a douche.

Nightmare I like to do my DB curls as..

1 set = 7 Preacher, 7 Hammer, then 7 Hammer into Preacher (like a twist)

3 sets of them and Im in agony, but its strangely addictive.

Man of Honour
I do barbell curls as the only bicep exercise I tend to do. The bis tend to get hit hard doing chins and BORs. It's all about the tris baby! :D though I could do with more shape on my bis to be fair.

Man of Honour
Urrgh, not looking forward to the comp next sunday (19th) as much as I should. It doesn't really matter because it's just a stepping stone to nationals, but it's slightly miserable that I'll not be lifting at my potential. This is due to entering at the last minute so my prep has been off and I've had to drop weight faster than I'd have liked. I'm down to an easy 86kg now, so another 0.5-1kg between now and sunday will see me easily make weight by water loading/dehydration.

Lifts are looking like they'll be something like this:
Squat: 200kg open, 210-215, 215-225
Bench: 110kg open, 117.5, 120-125
Deadlift: 220kg open, 230, 240

Maxes with the right prep would have been more like 230, 130, 250. It's entirely my fault of course, going on holiday with mates from 12th to 15th is pretty stupid comp prep!

Soldato
Back and Biceps day today but was hammering down with rain outside so I cooked a giant steak with broccoli and mash and proceeded to watch Pumping Iron instead.

Sort of gym rat related I hope :p

Man of Honour
Urrgh, not looking forward to the comp next sunday (19th) as much as I should. It doesn't really matter because it's just a stepping stone to nationals, but it's slightly miserable that I'll not be lifting at my potential. This is due to entering at the last minute so my prep has been off and I've had to drop weight faster than I'd have liked. I'm down to an easy 86kg now, so another 0.5-1kg between now and sunday will see me easily make weight by water loading/dehydration.

Lifts are looking like they'll be something like this:
Squat: 200kg open, 210-215, 215-225
Bench: 110kg open, 117.5, 120-125
Deadlift: 220kg open, 230, 240

Maxes with the right prep would have been more like 230, 130, 250. It's entirely my fault of course, going on holiday with mates from 12th to 15th is pretty stupid comp prep!

Good luck mate I'm sure you'll perform admirably :cool:

Soldato
anyone else on here hate it when you can't train ?

had a tooth infection since tuesday - and have had excuitiating pain :( everypain killer known to man andstill hurts (been on antibiotics since Wednesday)- so obviously no training

meant to be doing a half marathon Sunday :(

in 2 minds if antibiotics have kicked in by then -I may be ok - butI've not trained for a week andI don't know if the antibiotics will slow me down (chemist seemed to reckon the antibiotics won't have a negative effect)

and on top of all that I had my BP taken Monday - as last time I was "high" - I was 4 stone heavier then - so went into Drs surgery feeling quite happy it would be ultra low ...

NOPE - 158/86 !! with a HR of 44

lol - exercise not good for you it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom