*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well its not esporta anymore its some independant crap joined with the golf club next to it. I know theres no need, everywhere seems to do it though :( The woman wasnt very bright either. I said i only need the gym from start of july to the start of september, and she said 'so thats 4 months then?'. Face hit the desk.

Gym Rats thread?

o_0

Hello?

Soldato
Yeah i said theres no way ive got the money for that, she said thats the best i can do and theyve just lowered the joining fee so i was lucky... I may ring up and kick up a fuss later.

Instead of saying you don't have the money, you really need to make clear that it's a matter of principle, and that you just don't agree with the joining fee. Saying you don't have the money for it just sounds to them like you'll be back next month once you have more cash. Make sure they know that you think an admin fee is unreasonable and they're going to lose your custom is it's not waived.

The only reason these things are there in the first place is to allow the staff to reduce/waive, making them seem like they are bending over for you, thus enticing people to join even more.

Associate
Right guys I need your advice. I am thinking of doing the starting strength workout, not because i'm a beginner but because my squat is terrible and I want to bring it up. If I make increases on the other lifts then that is great but it is not what i'm aiming for.

Do you think that this is a good idea, or would I be better suited trying something else?

To give you an idea of my three main lifts:-

Bench - 155 -120kg 1rm
Deadlift - 180kg 1rm
Squat - 100 - 110kg 1rm O_O

As you can see squat is poor and I need to do something about it:)

Associate
Yes I know i need to work on squats but would the starting strength workout be good for this?

Not too interested in an end weight I just want to increase it to somewhere more respectible.

Man of Honour
Use the chains/bands - they're good for pushing through plateaux :)

Ask Chris to show you - alternatively, if you want to meet on a weekend session some time, I'm happy to go through with it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom