*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Sorry I can't find the link where I read it, but I think it's just due to the volume and intensity. Possibly the concern is that a lack of experience combined with the nature of the program could create injuries/burn you out.

Associate
boy do i need a good gym to open near me soon. my current gym is due to shutdown for a year in september for a 9.6mil refurb... but until then they decide to hire plonkers!

approached near the end of my routine today. was doing supine glute bridges... an exercise for core and glute stability. one of the workers (5'9, about 15 stone of pure flub with chavvy star tattoos all over his arm) hovered near me, before saying...

"mate, when you do your back extensions, try to have your palms touching the floor. youre doing them right... but it will help give you some more stability".

facepalm.jpg

Man of Honour
170 DLs 4 sets of 8 - all double overhand grip (bar a couple of reps). 3rd set was hard, 4th was good. One of the good lifters there said my form was spot on throughout the lifts even when I fatigued! Happy days! 190 next week! :eek:

Ripped a callus off my hand though - it rather smarts!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I was sharing the shoulder press today with a guy and couldn't help feel he was trying to show me how strong he was... only problem was his ass was so far forward it was almost an incline chest press. I don't get why people do this with shoulder press, not many people keep a straight back.

Soldato
170 DLs 4 sets of 8 - all double overhand grip (bar a couple of reps). 3rd set was hard, 4th was good. One of the good lifters there said my form was spot on throughout the lifts even when I fatigued! Happy days! 190 next week! :eek:

Ripped a callus off my hand though - it rather smarts!

Do callouses make you feel like more of a man? I love it when I have callouses. Indicates ive been pushing myself :)

Man of Honour
I was sharing the shoulder press today with a guy and couldn't help feel he was trying to show me how strong he was... only problem was his ass was so far forward it was almost an incline chest press. I don't get why people do this with shoulder press, not many people keep a straight back.

That's why I don't use the back rest - makes it very difficult to cheat. However, it does mean you can't go as heavy.

Do callouses make you feel like more of a man? I love it when I have callouses. Indicates ive been pushing myself :)

Don't know about whether or not it makes me feel more manly, but I feel I have a better grip on the bar than using gloves, and it toughens the hands!

Is that manly? Doubt it. :p

Associate
Nice, been training 4 years here and well in to it. Currently trying to get lean :p

19" arms for the win ;)

Nasty hand freefaller. I started to use chalk to improve grip (no more swetty hands)

I have calluses from heavy lifting and a lot of biking in past years

Last edited:
Man of Honour
i wasn't thinking about you in any way lol. i just said with hands like that, you cant do much self loving lol.

i wear gloves :o

I can't lift with gloves - don't get a good feel, and besides, I'd rather do things raw ;)

I'm still interested at why you're thinking of me pleasuring myself....

Nice, been training 4 years here and well in to it. Currently trying to get lean :p

19" arms for the win ;)

Nasty hand freefaller. I started to use chalk to improve grip (no more swetty hands)

I have calluses from heavy lifting and a lot of biking in past years

I used to have 19" arms, I'm trimming down now, strength is still up though.

Calluses are a sign of manhood ;) I always use chalk when things get heavy.

Hedge, it stings a little but that was more down to the sweat and chalk getting into it! :D

Soldato
Well i'd forgotten all the brilliance of a hotel gym :p Must have been 7 or more athletic girls in lycra plodding away on the steppers and cross trainers. Shame there was also a monster of a woman in the smallest vest and shorts i think ive seen. I was nearly sick on sight, why do these people feel the need to expose everything :eek:

Ended up working in with a group of like 5 kids doing shoulder press on the 2 benches then on the cable machines and all of us laughing at the 2 guys doing biceps with the worst form i have ever seen. And they did 5 difference bicep exercises each :D

Anyway i cancelled my membership so i'll be ringing up the other gym in the next few days and if they cant waive the joining fee i'll only be training 1-2 times a week till september :/

Man of Honour
Has anyone else noticed that on days where you only do SS cardio your appetite seems blunted compared to days where you lift and then you just want to eat everything?
I've noticed it this week

Soldato
Benchpress is actually very easy...I don't know why I kept putting it off and off. The same can't be said for bicep curls with an olympic bar though, it's hard as hell after neglecting it since I started training.

Benchpress
40kg x5
60kg x2
80kg x2
90kg x2
100kg x5
100kg x5
100kg x5
80kg x5
80kg x5
80kg x5

Incline
60kg x5
60kg x5
60kg x5

Going to shatter my benchpress total in no time I think!

10kg more and I hit the 500kg total on my lifts! BOOYA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom