*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Good luck mate I'm sure you'll perform admirably :cool:

Even your top potential finish weights are fantastic fella :)

Cheers chaps :)

Had my confidence shaken by some bad sessions in the gym this week, probably just need to mtfu really! Me and Dom will take videos so you'll get to check out the damage, good or bad ;)

Really all I need is to get a total of 512kg (I think...around that any way) so I can qualify. The comp in august is where I might get to show off :rolleyes::cool:

Soldato
Thought i'd post this in here, something i started cooking up for breakfast (2-3 days worth depending on your needs). Prep 5min, Cook 20min

proteincake.jpg

Ingredients

100g oats
2 scoops whey (i used myprotein chocolate)
cinnamon (1 tsp or so)
10 eggs (i used 10 whiles and 2 yolks)

Add all but eggs to a bowl with enough water to make into a batter
Add Eggs and stir thoroughly (make sure all the lumps are gone from the whey)

Pour into frying pan (i dumped the whole load in but you could do thinner "pancake" style). I used some 1cal cooking spray on the pan

cover with a lid (i have one that fits my pan perfectly but you can cover with foil if you don't) and cook for 15mins, or till the top becomes firm.

Turn off heat and flip just to lightly crisp up the other side.

I left to cool, cut into quarters, and wrap, and have one before i leave for work, and one when i get to work, usually with a bit of butter and some 0 carb maple syrup.

Once it's cool it becomes quite solid, but is still moist inside.

The whole cake is (approx)
Cal 870
Pro 100
Car 63.6
Fat 22.2. Might try adding some flax next time for some extra EFAs.

Man of Honour
If I do any bicep work it tends to be with a straight bar, better transfer for injury prevention in mixed grip deadlift.

Last session before the comp today, feeling slightly better. Worked up to openers in bench and squat.

Bench felt really good. Did a lot of warmups to kind of approximate doing a little bit of speed work, then 110kg paused was so easy I did it twice. Not worried about this at all.

Squatting was also fine. Didn't warm up as fully as I normally would which I ended up feeling, but the final rep at 200kg was possibly the best squat I've ever done form-wise. Only thing I'm worried about is depth as I didn't have anyone to check for me.

I'm going to revise my openers and be a little more conservative just to be absolutely certainly they are all easy. It's best to be cautious and then increase your weight than to struggle with openers...

Squat: 190kg
Bench: 110kg
Deadlift: 215kg

Which is still a total of 515kg, which means I qualify. :cool:

Caporegime
http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/grizzly_accessories

cheap belts if anyone is interested, dont know how good they are, what you think?

i just bought some supreme protein bars from there (the ones on offer), apparently the best tasting bar on the planet, usually £30 a box, i got them at £16.19 a box when buying 4. 12 in a box.

i like protein bars when i cant take a shaker (with a scoop of protein in it) and a carton of milk with me somewhere, i can always take a protein bar with me.

there are cheaper bars out there cnp flapjacks 24 for £18, but supreme is supposedly the best and higher protein content, since they were on offer i got them instead of CNP from elsewhere.

Man of Honour
Looks like they're cheap for a reason tbh, worth paying even a little bit more to get a decent leather one.

Also, just weighed myself at 87.4kg, which is a fairly awesome end of day weight :) I'm going to weigh myself in the morning which is the important one - hoping for 86kg or less.

Caporegime
Looks like they're cheap for a reason tbh, worth paying even a little bit more to get a decent leather one.

Also, just weighed myself at 87.4kg, which is a fairly awesome end of day weight :) I'm going to weigh myself in the morning which is the important one - hoping for 86kg or less.

they are on SALE

Grizzly's Enforcer Belt designed for the serious lifter. Featuring a contoured and padded construction for the ultimate in fit and comfort during serious training.

• All leather construction with suede lining

• Double prong heavy gauge steel buckle.

• Strong border stitching.

• Available in 4" or 6"

Man of Honour
I realised they were on sale, thanks.

The one you've mentioned there isn't full thickness all the way around so isn't good enough.

In your post you said you don't know how good they are and asked for opinions... *sigh*

Caporegime
I realised they were on sale, thanks.

The one you've mentioned there isn't full thickness all the way around so isn't good enough.

In your post you said you don't know how good they are and asked for opinions... *sigh*

i have seen people recommend on here before and they haven't been full thickness all the way around and costs like £30-£50.

what about the one which is full thickness all the way around?

Man of Honour
This one http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/a...ar-hugger-belt-grizzly_bear_hugger_belt_6.htm ?

It's nylon.

I guess if you don't really care it's ok for £10 or there abouts, but considering that a decent leather one can be had from amazon or pullum (and probably others) for £20-£25 I wouldn't be swayed by the lower price personally. I guess you also need to remember I look at belts from a slightly snobby powerlifting perspective :p

Caporegime
This one http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/a...ar-hugger-belt-grizzly_bear_hugger_belt_6.htm ?

It's nylon.

I guess if you don't really care it's ok for £10 or there abouts, but considering that a decent leather one can be had from amazon or pullum (and probably others) for £20-£25 I wouldn't be swayed by the lower price personally. I guess you also need to remember I look at belts from a slightly snobby powerlifting perspective :p

i never use a belt and never intend to, i was just posting in case anyone needed a belt, i prefer to do it raw, the only thing i use is gloves (to protect my skin).

i have squatted 180kg for 5 reps no problem in the past, im more muscle orientated now than strength, if i ever decide to switch in future, i may buy a belt, if they are no good, then i dont care, was just trying to pass on a bargain.

Caporegime
OP
Odd that you are more interested in protecting the skin on your hands than anything else that could really be damaged.

Never intending to is a silly thing to say given you are still training and progressing.

Caporegime
Odd that you are more interested in protecting the skin on your hands than anything else that could really be damaged.

Never intending to is a silly thing to say given you are still training and progressing.

belts only help you when you are doing something stupid like 1 rep maxes. 1 rep maxes are something i never do. they are pointless unless your in a competition or want to show off. minimum reps i now do on anything is 8 reps (thats what i aim for now anyway).

using a belt means you use less stabiliser muscles. theres plenty of guys out there who dont use belts.

i use gloves because i dont want rough hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom