*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
If I'm under 15% I shall be dead chuffed! :D If I am 12 or around that - then I shall be uber happy. I'll see if over the next 12 months I can ramp myself up by 2-3kgs at the same BF level. It will take a year to get that much because I can't do the whole bulk/cut thing. I'm quite happy at around 15st though it seems to be my natural weight. Probably start concentrating a bit more on strength for a bit - but the problem is, I tend to injure myself with that sort of work... GVT just makes me eat for a country. So will have to tailor a programme to suit my needs - so I've got my research head on!

Associate
Dammit. No milk or eggs so got to run to the shops before breakfast!

Freefaller, as you are sorting a program have u read rippetoe's book practical programming? I haven't read it myself but was hoping you might have to give a mini review:)

Man of Honour
'fraid not! I'll look it up when I get home from work tonight. I still have a few more weeks to go on my current programme... I'm thinking of just a classic split of compounds with 1 subsidiary isolation exercise - but I haven't finished thinking about it yet.

Soldato
I.e I am 6ft1 and weigh around 74/75kg, so what would people in my weight be lifting?

Squat 180+?Bench 120+?Deaflift 250kg+?? what they would be able to lift!

I guess the amateurs lift a lot less than the pro's!

They're way off, at 70KG I could make those lifts.. raw. The DL's out of my league but 210KG is still somewhat respectable.

My guesses are 210KG+ 140KG+ 260KG+ We're talking raw here, unequipped try more.

Look here: http://www.gbpf.org.uk/

Feeling kind of lazy :p

DK's got a good link there, there are some truly amazing people out there with pure strength!

Also I can't help but smirk when DK says 210kg is still "somewhat" respectable. x3BW is damn respectable, it doesn't matter what BW you are.

I have to say their squats are amazing.

At the moment I've swapped out to include more volume in my trainig to gain size, since I'm severly limited with equipment and weight.

I can happily say my bench is going to increase quite a bit though, which should push my total up to my goal of 500 max easily enough.

I think I've easily got that 120kg bench in me, since I can get 110kg x2 and 100kg x5 x3sets easily enough.

Such a pity I can't go over 145 on the deadlift or squat. So It's just volumetric work this summer for them.

Then there's my clean and press I can work on as well.

Soldato
I'm not a fan of this whole dieting malarky. I have only done 1 cut before in 2009, and that was a ludicrous, ill-advised 1 month scheme which saw my entire diet replaced by shakes of whey with some nuts, a few raisins and vitamins, plus HIIT skipping and running. Well, that melted the fat off me and I had abs by the end of the month, but I lost lots of muscle.

Well, I have quite a lot more muscle now and don't want to lose it, so I'm going the slow way, reducing calories slowly, lowering carb intake, cardio etc, but it's just so...slow! I wish I could avoid all mirrors for 1 month at a time so I'd be able to notice the progress. The worst part of it is that I'm one of those lucky people blessed with very shy abs, so my stomach is the very last place to lose any fat.

I'm tempted to switch to fish and a rice cake x8 :D

/Silly moan

Man of Honour
DK's got a good link there, there are some truly amazing people out there with pure strength!

Also I can't help but smirk when DK says 210kg is still "somewhat" respectable. x3BW is damn respectable, it doesn't matter what BW you are.

I have to say their squats are amazing.

At the moment I've swapped out to include more volume in my trainig to gain size, since I'm severly limited with equipment and weight.

I can happily say my bench is going to increase quite a bit though, which should push my total up to my goal of 500 max easily enough.

I think I've easily got that 120kg bench in me, since I can get 110kg x2 and 100kg x5 x3sets easily enough.

Such a pity I can't go over 145 on the deadlift or squat. So It's just volumetric work this summer for them.

Then there's my clean and press I can work on as well.

Agreed 3xBW is awesom no matter what your weight is. It's almost superhuman IMO.

Now I've dropped some weight my deadlift is currently 2.5x BW - I can still pull up 240kg. And I'm dead pleased with that. However, to get to 3x BW will take a LOT of hard work, or lose more weight and keep the strength - the latter not being much of an option for me.

Frankly, If you're able to shift your own bodyweight I'd consider you strong - if you think about it, you're lugging yourself around using your body as a lever - it's impressive.

Caporegime
new zyzz video

youtube : Zyzz: The Aesthetics Strike Back

i would have embedded but i got an infraction for putting a chestbrah vid up. the guy is an idiot, he could have made millions with how famous he has become (website, personal training, facebook, interviews, etc), but will now go down as being a douche.

Soldato
New vid was pretty poor imo. Saying he was going for more gym footage but there wasnt that much really. Is the funniest thinghe can come up with really doing pressups in a restaraunt? Laughed at his 'pick up attempt' thing when it was just flocks of guys going to him

Soldato
New vid was pretty poor imo. Saying he was going for more gym footage but there wasnt that much really. Is the funniest thinghe can come up with really doing pressups in a restaraunt? Laughed at his 'pick up attempt' thing when it was just flocks of guys going to him

He likes the boys, leave him to get them all. It's better for the rest of us.

Caporegime

he thinks he owns the place, his crew are just as bad, he smokes now too, i wonder if he has a job, or if he is living off selling his "personalised diet and training programme" which can be found on simply shredded for free.

Permabanned
new zyzz video

youtube : Zyzz: The Aesthetics Strike Back

i would have embedded but i got an infraction for putting a chestbrah vid up. the guy is an idiot, he could have made millions with how famous he has become (website, personal training, facebook, interviews, etc), but will now go down as being a douche.

I saw that, pretty sad at what they have become, I thought the video was a motivational video for gay men.

Caporegime
I don't really see the hype?

1.) He isn't that amazing
2.) He loves himself way too much...Theres appreciating your body then theres just being a plank.
3.) ......I don;t get it?

1. oh really? how many guys do you know in real life with that physique?
2. i think you have to love yourself to have a body that good.... but yeah he is a plank.
3. he has been able to achieve what billions can only dream of, seriously who wouldn't want a body like that? his legs are somewhat lacking slightly though.

i hate the guy but mirin the body.

Man of Honour
I think I scared a couple of young guys in the gym today, decided to do some deadlift work and got some rather confused stares as I hoovered up a lot of the weight plates, then sweated and puffed away while they were sat on some benches chatting. :o
The gym is not a social club or somewhere to get slightly warm, get in dry come out dripping or you're not doing it right :D

Caporegime
2. i think you have to love yourself to have a body that good.... but yeah he is a plank.
3. he has been able to achieve what billions can only dream of, seriously who wouldn't want a body like that? his legs are somewhat lacking slightly though.

But it really isn't that amazing? To get all of this hype? There are loads of people on the planet that look like him and look better. It's just funny :p

Permabanned

iirc he is not natty and has had plastic surgery on his face and had veneers

insecure much

naturalgraham has a better body, you dont see him doing stupid vids

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133337383

Last edited:
Caporegime
But it really isn't that amazing? To get all of this hype? There are loads of people on the planet that look like him and look better. It's just funny :p

remember he is quite tall too he says he is 6 foot 1, a lot of people think he is slightly less.

he has a lot going for him, shredded, built and tall. there may be loads of people on the planet which look like him or better, but even then they are also in a very small minority.

like i said how many people do you know in real life that even compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom