*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Yes but you're not doing it naturally either from what I recall.

I've just proved to people that I've cut myself from 17% from being bulky and defined, to a LOT more ripped - yet still a heavyweight.

You're right though, saying and doing are 2 different things, I have no intention or want to be like him or that ripped as for me it's not an aesthetic thing I'm chasing - functional strength and power, size comes as side effect. Hence why I don't care about calluses on my hands - I'm not a girl.

do you use the functional strength and power in your job? or is that just your goals?

i can deadlift 150kg for many reps (my back and shoulders are my weakest parts), but i was lifting an industrial machine (maybe 80kg+) down 6 flights of stairs a while back and my lower back was aching.

also when i was re-finishing my plates and dumbells, moved over 1000kg of weight back and forth altogether from gym to garden in a day, my lower back was aching again.

the lifting you do in day to day menial tasks (a builder for example) is completely different to lifting in the gym.

Caporegime
Emoticon respose suggests you do not know what you're talking about. If you think everyone can achieve that physique then I guess good luck with your training goals in 2011 :p.

Thank you :)

Once I sort out my shoulder, knees, and ankle, I will get back into my Cardio as I have next to none at the moment. Then hopefully if my job increases my wage I can use the on-site gym :) Otherwise I will change jobs and goto a different site.

Caporegime
i would love to get my bodyfat checked properly, like as accurate as possible, depends on the cost and i dont know of any place in glasgow that would do such a thing, probably the virgin active in finnieston if i was to take a guess.

Soldato
Looks like I either pulled something or got a muscle spasm in my lower back.

Sore as hell! I can bend forward no problem at all, I just can't do it backwards without it feeling like I just got stabbed by a knife. The walk home hurt like hell, and it even cause my glutes, hamstrings and calves to tense up making it worse.

The muscles in my back around my spine are like cables at the moment, rock hard and inflexible.

So I took a very hot bath with epson salt and the pain subsided quite a bit. Sitting with proper posture causes no problems, I just can't pick up anything even slightly heavy at the moment.

Seems I'm taking it very easy this week now, once the pain goes away and it's not a stabbing pain anymore I'll start swimming and then do very very light exercises as long as there is no pain.

A massage right now would be Ideal!

Permabanned
He didnt say that NG isnt natty? You read a lot into things I think.....

:p

yeah, i should have posted a before picture just in case people weren't aware of the transformation, there is a much better one of him, wearing like a jumper/tshirt and it is drowning him, he is that small.

did you catch the heather lynn show last night? it was epic (is this real life?)

bodybuilding.com misc section is full of retards wanting 15 mins of internet fame, its very sad and soulless place, the other sections are great

Soldato
I actually find it quite an amusing and insightful place. To each his own..

Insightful is not a word I'd relate to bb.com misc, I'd replace it with hilarious :p. I tend to disregard most training talk on there and there's a lot of broscientists but there are some hilarious threads.

Ran to and from my local gym today (with some rests in running, feeling unfit!). Can only train with dumbbells/smith there but still doing light work while shoulder heals (although it feels fine/healed now, just not lifting heavy for a while and hitting ~12+ rep ranges).

After being away in england for a week on a roadtrip and eating crap food I hit around 15.5stone, need to start the cut down now! Already dropped a lot of water to ~14.5stone, upper abs are back too (went missing for a few days!).

Soldato
Was just at the doc today.

Seems I pinched a nerve near my spine in my lower back, which is causes all the muscles near it to go into a permanent cramp.

This morning when I tried to get out of bed was the worst pain I had ever experienced in my life. I couldn't sit up or stand up, much less roll onto my side.

Right now I'm on a mixed pain med, muscle relaxant and strong anit-inflamitory. Sitting is the best thing I can do he says, as long as I lock my back and sip 100% upright.

When I stand up I'm to luck my back in, roll my shoulder back and push off with my heels. Sounds like a deadlift to me haha, I have 0% pain when I stand like that.

So I can't do anything this week, not even allowed to walk since it aggrivates it all, if I feel better after the weekend I'll be allowed to go for short walk, by the end of that week I may only start light swimming if I have full range of motion again. 10-14 days after that I can start lifting again.

This all assumes that the pain, cramps and lack of motion clear up well enough by the end of the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom