*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was basically on something like HST just my own spin on things really. I was totally at about 20-25 sets a day with training. Probably over kill haha.
I'm tired of being the guy that wears smalls and mediums so I'm going to put on some size.

Sadly I won't be training for a month due do pinching/crushing a nerve cluster in my lumbar spine. All because I'm a nice guy a was cleaning up the plates lying around in the gym. A silly 25kg plate popped my lower back.
That's all kinds of crazy!

Yeah, me too - I'm quite bored of this meat suit. M is now a tight fit for me. And I enjoy eating :D

Ouch, that's seriously unlucky. Hate it when nobs can't put their own weights back :mad:

How much of a difference does jack3d make for your workouts? I've never used creatine nor any stimulants for that matter. I don't have the intent to but I'm always interested in hearing about it.

Caporegime
i think we are talking about legitimate stores here. vat registered companies and such.

not your mate "BIG Dave 69" who you found on the muscle talk forums and then paypal gifted him.

mmm no

It's a pointless argument, if you are taking things to change hormone levels or whatever it isn't 'natural' obviously. If you can eat foods to do this then go ahead

Soldato

Yeah, me too - I'm quite bored of this meat suit. M is now a tight fit for me. And I enjoy eating :D

Ouch, that's seriously unlucky. Hate it when nobs can't put their own weights back :mad:

How much of a difference does jack3d make for your workouts? I've never used creatine nor any stimulants for that matter. I don't have the intent to but I'm always interested in hearing about it.

Creatine destroys my stomach if i go over more the 5grams really.
I got the jack3d for free from a store because I knew the guy, and I really like it.
It certainly gives that extra little focus and it stops my hunger from annoying me too much when training. It also helps with those extra few sets and pushing that extra little bit.

I took a week off all supplements, such as whey, zinc and l-glutamine and just tried jack3d for that week off.

It helped get out a few extra reps on the clean and press and plenty more when it came to deadlifts and squats.

This week has been quite ironic though, I ran out of jacked, deadlifted 145kg x10 for 3 sets, then wreck my back by putting away plates because other plebs aren't decent enough to do it.

I blame my lack of jack3d plus the fact that gym monkies exist for my current condition hahaha.

##On the note of shirts, I went to Tog24 Outdoors and got like 5 US large t-shirts for like €48 so I'm planning on filling these out and still being somewhat lean.

Caporegime
OP
Wow, thats almost one whole 80 post page of ****.

Guys, you know the drill:

shutupandsquat.jpg

:D

Soldato
so what are they then like UK XXXXXXL? :D:p

They're only slightly larger, they're about an inch longer and the sleeves are wider aswell, along with a wider collar. That's about all I've noticed.

Although they're the same size an XL from Diesal and XXL from Pull and Bear haha. I'm planning on filling these out, without having a big belly.

First I need to sort my back out, at the moment my lordosis looks like it's in overdrive. When I try and stand upright it looks like I'm actually leaning way back and my stomach is stretched out.

Silly muscles being under a constant cramp curving my spine all weird like.

Caporegime

read through the supplements thread, its the number 1 pre workout supplement in the world. closesly followed by superpump, white flood and no-xplode.

it has ingredients which can lower cortisol. increase pump. appetite suppressant. increase energy and focus.

it works extremely well, i find my workouts without it are 10 times worse than my workouts with it.

Man of Honour
Back on sensible gym related discussion I absolutely hammered my legs yesterday lots of high weight and high rep work especially on my calves as it seems to help with pain that I get in them and then today I've been out walking up and down hills with the dog.
I've just had to have a pizza to numb the pain, but I couldn't even finish it :( I'm only half the man I used to be.

Soldato
Thats what mines like all the time. Really need to focus more time on sorting it out.

My lordosis got reduced a lot since I started training, and the only reason it's really extreme at the moment is because my back muscles are still 100% cramped all day long.

It's the pain killers and muscle relaxants that are even allowing me to function to some extent. My back is so tight that if I bend forward to try and touch my toes, I can just about reach my knees.

Soldato
Back on sensible gym related discussion I absolutely hammered my legs yesterday lots of high weight and high rep work especially on my calves as it seems to help with pain that I get in them and then today I've been out walking up and down hills with the dog.
I've just had to have a pizza to numb the pain, but I couldn't even finish it :( I'm only half the man I used to be.

Numb the pain with pizza?

Do you rub it against your claves and go "oh yeah, that's the stuff, NNNHHHNNNGGG!"

Sure nothing wrong with not being able to finish a meal here and there.

Man of Honour
Numb the pain with pizza?

Do you rub it against your claves and go "oh yeah, that's the stuff, NNNHHHNNNGGG!"

Sure nothing wrong with not being able to finish a meal here and there.

It's a beautiful sight me molesting my calves with warm pizza ;)
I'm quite pleased about not being able to finish it, means I'm finally getting over the "it's there I must eat it!" feeling which is what got me to 17st in the first place :)

Man of Honour
When I'm not posting from my phone - I'm going to do some serious weeding in here.

|Guys, either behave or STFU or I'll just ban you. Simples. I don't want ****s in this thread, I want people to enjoy posting here and be able to ask for help.

If I see anyone taking the **** or being a **** or trolling - exepct not to be able to post for a while.

I seriouly suggest going over any of your posts in the next 24hrs if you still fancy posting in here.

Trolls and ****s will not be tolerated.

End of.

Soldato
It's a beautiful sight me molesting my calves with warm pizza ;)
I'm quite pleased about not being able to finish it, means I'm finally getting over the "it's there I must eat it!" feeling which is what got me to 17st in the first place :)

That's good though, everything in moderation mate.

I find that if I'm hungry during the day and it's not meal time, there's always a small tin of fish to eat. If you work with clients and can't risk fishy breath there's always scoop of whey mixed with milk.

Or my favourite, a crack open a tin of beans and dig in hahaha.

What type of training did you do for your calves though? Just calf raises? Or something else?

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry to here it Tom but that time has to come to us all I suppose :p.

N19h7m4r3: I have slight lordosis myself brought on by my back being stronger than my front and something I find really helps is beating the crap out of my abs. Things like doing real planks (hold for 10s, then do alternating legs for 10s each side until you drop. I only last about four on each leg :p) and palov presses (Link) are great and it just helps to tug my spine back over. I don't know if it's the kind of thing that would help you, obviously when you can move again :).

I'm thinking last gym sesh today before the comp on sunday. Just a nice light one I'm thinking, should look a little like this:

-Rolling
-Squat to stand with reaches x5
-Wall Slides x10
-Walking spiderman x5 each side
-Single leg glute bridge x10
-Yoga plex x5
-M Spine side bend start on triple with progression like we said
-Single leg hip rotations x10 each side

That's the warmup :), then:

-Hip thrusts 2x10
-Clams with miniband 2x10
-TRX (homemade :)) inverted rows 3x10
-Scap pushups 2x10
-Band Pull throughs 3x10
-Cable retract and row 3x10

That should do me I think, just to focus on some injury prone areas and keep my body going :). Then the next two days will be filled with mobility to make sure I'm all sexy and then its time to smash some weights up :).

Edit: FreeFaller has landed :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Got back and biceps tomorrow and then I'm going to take a week off and have a proper rest. Been smashing it hard since January without a break or going light and it's starting catch up now. Constantly sore and tired and no amount of sleep and food is fixing that. Proper rest, perhaps some leisurely strolls or swimming would help. Also booked in for a chiropractic appointment on Tuesday and going for a massage on Wednesday or Thursday. Should have me raring to go the week after next.

Soldato
Seems I need to do my cardio on the rower or bike because whenever I run my ankle reallllly hurts the next day and I can't walk properly. I'm not going to the Dr's about it, I don't see the point.

Soldato
Thanks Djdom56, I had my lordosis under control until I hurt my back.
It's only aggrivated to the extreme because all the muscles are cramped and pulling my spine in on itself.

There's loads of good news though, I hurt myself monday, couldn't move that night. Tuesday I couldn't get out of bed, sit or stand.
Yesterday I could move around.

Today I could stand Upright to besides my back still being all curved and bent, I can function though.

I suspect tomorrow it'll go even better, so hopefully like the doc says I should have full range of motion back by end of next week and be allowed to start doing very very light training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom