*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Seems I need to do my cardio on the rower or bike because whenever I run my ankle reallllly hurts the next day and I can't walk properly. I'm not going to the Dr's about it, I don't see the point.

welcome to my world :) except mine starts hurting after 10 seconds of running and is fine 10 seconds after stopping. :mad:

Associate
Anyone here often do powercleans? I had a go yesterday and quite liked them. Form probably wasn't the best as it was my first go but I was pleased I actually did them.

My traps today really feel like they had a workout from them. Looking forward to doing them again already:)

Soldato
welcome to my world :) except mine starts hurting after 10 seconds of running and is fine 10 seconds after stopping. :mad:

It's a numb pain when I'm running but day after ouch. I located the source of the pain, it's right by the nobbly bone that pokes out, not the bone itself but if I poke around there it makes the pain come back.

Soldato
Mine kind of hurts for a bit then goes more numb than painful then after 5-10 minutes another stage of worse pain which is when i usualy stop. Sucks as running is the only form of cardio i actually enjoy. Other than real cycling but that stopped when my bike got nicked :(

Soldato
I've joined the gym !!! It over look the race course :)

Going to start off building my cardio first for the first few months before moving to the weights.

Today i did Cross Trainer for 20min, bike for 15 and ran for 4km.

Hoping to do that twice a week.

Looks a lot better than the leisure pool Ray, just from that pic. If you agree to start weights I may join you there:)

Caporegime
[TW]Sponge;19391095 said:
Looks a lot better than the leisure pool Ray, just from that pic. If you agree to start weights I may join you there:)

In due course. 2 of my mates already go there and they both do weights. One do ONLY weights.

Oh, but do come, some of the girls are really pretty! :eek: I should have joined sooner! lol

Even at the gym you take photos like that :mad: :p

LOL, it's only off my iPhone!

Soldato
Glory be to the powerlifting gods!

I was able to get out of bed and even sit up straight from the lying down postition all by myself!

I still got a pinch doing it and my muscles still instantly cramped but it's far far better then rolling out of bed and needing help to get pants on MWHAHAHAHA!

I haven't even taken my morning dose medical tic tacs yet.

Screw you Lumbar region! I'mma gon make you ma bitch!

Caporegime
Seems I need to do my cardio on the rower or bike because whenever I run my ankle reallllly hurts the next day and I can't walk properly. I'm not going to the Dr's about it, I don't see the point.

Same with me chap, just cycle or swim..or row as you say.

I find working on my legs and DL's actually help strengthen my ankles somewhat, but i still get issues

Soldato
I've joined the gym !!! It over look the race course :)

Going to start off building my cardio first for the first few months before moving to the weights.

Today i did Cross Trainer for 20min, bike for 15 and ran for 4km.

Hoping to do that twice a week.

Not impressed with the photography, clearly too much depth of field, needs F1.4 :p:p:p

Good stuff Ray!!!!

Havea read up on interval training (HIIT), great if you are short on time and completely kills you. Definately get involved with some weights, it's a great way to push yourself and you get bigger :D

Caporegime
a lot of leg problems be it foot, knee or ankle, etc come from 1 of 2 things or both of them.

the first problem is unsupported shoes, ones which are flat, have no bump in the middle. think converse, those flat type shoes are the worst thing possible for your legs and knee's. the way the leg works is, that your foot is supposed to absorb most of the shock, then your calve then your knee. by wearing flat type shoes, your foot basically absorbs very little of the shock, meaning you damage your knee's (permanent in most cases, cartilage cannot grow back or be replaced). when wearing the proper shoes with the proper arch in the middle, the foot absorbs a lot of the shock, then the calve and by the time it gets to the knee there's barely anything. thing is though these days companies prefer profit over usability and prefer to make fashionable trainers which absolutely destroy your knee's rather than trainer's which are actually useful.

the other problem is stance and movement, nobody gets trained on how to stand, walk or run properly unless they are a professional athlete. so people just do what feels natural. their natural standing stance may be wrong, their natural walking movement may be wrong and their natural running movement may also be wrong. having the wrong stance/movement again causes damage to bones/cartilage but also your muscles. muscles that you need can weaken causing muscle wastage.

these problems can be fixed by having proper shoes and doing some specific exercises (physio), to correct your muscles and the movement they naturally prefer to move in.

Caporegime
Have a read up on interval training (HIIT), great if you are short on time and completely kills you. Definately get involved with some weights, it's a great way to push yourself and you get bigger :D

Howdy, any main websites you can vouch for with regards to hiit? Would like to read up on it :)

a lot of leg problems be it foot, knee or ankle, etc come from 1 of 2 things or both of them.

the first problem is unsupported shoes, ones which are flat, have no bump in the middle. think converse, those flat type shoes are the worst thing possible for your legs and knee's. the way the leg works is, that your foot is supposed to absorb most of the shock, then your calve then your knee. by wearing flat type shoes, your foot basically absorbs very little of the shock, meaning you damage your knee's (permanent in most cases, cartilage cannot grow back or be replaced). when wearing the proper shoes with the proper arch in the middle, the foot absorbs a lot of the shock, then the calve and by the time it gets to the knee there's barely anything. thing is though these days companies prefer profit over usability and prefer to make fashionable trainers which absolutely destroy your knee's rather than trainer's which are actually useful.

the other problem is stance and movement, nobody gets trained on how to stand, walk or run properly unless they are a professional athlete. so people just do what feels natural. their natural standing stance may be wrong, their natural walking movement may be wrong and their natural running movement may also be wrong. having the wrong stance/movement again causes damage to bones/cartilage but also your muscles. muscles that you need can weaken causing muscle wastage.

these problems can be fixed by having proper shoes and doing some specific exercises (physio), to correct your muscles and the movement they naturally prefer to move in.

Interesting, although I have never worn converse before (I hate them) I did skate board for about 8 years...Which funnily enough during the time my knees did cain while i was learning and I had various shin problems below the knee....:rolleyes:

SO...I may have to try and find a decent pair of trainers...I just hate normal shoes :( I could possibly look at getting some cheap merrels or something, quite like the look of them over 'standard' trainers...Thanks :)

EDIT: I think its merrels anyway =/

My ankle problems can be fixed by going back 7 years and not playing football :)

As above :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom