*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This thread used to be about what people where doing in the gym and what routines people where using and what diets people where following and has given me some great info in the past.

I don't go to bodybuilding.com for any info I come here but lately this thread is going down hill fast :(

Feels like SA is slowly drifting into being more and more like misc. :(

There are just a few weeds that need to be pulled and everything can be back to where it was.

It's thanks to this thread I went from a 58kg skinny geek, to a 70kg powerlifter in just over 2 years.
There are some truly great people here and amazing advice, which is just getting over shadowed by some rubbish and what looks like trolling for reactions.

Caporegime
There are just a few weeds that need to be pulled and everything can be back to where it was.

It's thanks to this thread I went from a 58kg skinny geek, to a 70kg powerlifter in just over 2 years.
There are some truly great people here and amazing advice, which is just getting over shadowed by some rubbish and what looks like trolling for reactions.

Truth :)

Caporegime
Cheets, simmer down man. This is what PS is like, he doesn't mince his words which can come across as hostile, but there's a lot of good information in his post. I don't even feel any part of his post was hostile, you've taken it the wrong way.

And as for the fat comment, just lol. I really don't think PS cares where you came from or how you were.

im gonna use this man as my defense lawyer.

i wasn't trolling him, read my post, but cheets reacted so stupidly, its hard to not laugh at him.

Soldato
im gonna use this man as my defense lawyer.

i wasn't trolling him, read my post, but cheets reacted so stupidly, its hard to not laugh at him.

Why laugh? He didn't know, so what?

People come here for help and information, not to be rediculed or laughed at.
Everyone has to start somewhere and a bad attitude is the reason people that train get labled as douchebags.

Caporegime
Why laugh? He didn't know, so what?

People come here for help and information, not to be rediculed or laughed at.
Everyone has to start somewhere and a bad attitude is the reason people that train get labled as douchebags.

Stuff like this is the problem.

Does laughing at other people make you feel better about yourself?

i helped the guy - read my initial post in reply to his question :confused::confused::confused:

he then reacted stupidly, you can take a camel to water but you cant force it to drink, all the information he needed was in my post.

also take a look at this thread

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18274600

its all about laughing at idiots in the gym, now your saying its wrong to laugh at idiots? hypocrite is the word i would use.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I need to get some whey protein, eating is hard, literally, got sick of boiled eats, turkey, tuna, peanut butter, cottage cheese, chicken, mackerel.

Would whey protein be classed as natural?

what do you class as natural?
what is not natural?

whey protein comes from cheese production its basically a by product which used to be a waste product until they managed to find a market for it. so it comes from milk.

now whey protein can be natural or not natural depending on where the actual milk comes from.

for example the cows in america are given all sorts of drugs/chemicals and their milk or any products derived from their milk are not allowed to be brought back into the UK in your luggage. this is because the UK deem their milk to be not up to their standards or pass their rules and regulations.

but whey from UK cows could be deemed as natural because such drugs/chemicals are not used.

it all depends on your perspective or point of view. do you think its natural to be eating whey?

on another note you say your sick of eating some "real proteins", but i dont think you know protein is found in many foods and some of them are even vegetarian such as lentils, beans, chickpeas, the list goes on.

steak, sausage, bacon, cod, prawns, etc the list of different types of meat/animals is also endless, there is no way you could be sick of eating them all.

also there are hundreds of different types of protein powder. casein, micaeler casein, pea, hemp, whey, concentrate, isolate, egg, etc.

if you want to know more, i suggest you do some reading up on the subject before even asking any more questions, it's blatantly obvious by your question is whey natural, that you dont know what is normally deemed as natural and what isn't.

for example, natural bodybuilders who compete in natural shows are not allowed to take jack3d, their is an ingredient in jack3d which is on the banned list.

there are probably quite a few guys on here that use jack3d, are they now not natural?

jImNa.jpeg

Wtf, where did that come from.

Either tell me why you hate me or pipe down, you are very vocal, srs what's wrong.

You sound paranoid.

I asked a question, I didn't ask a question to get a 2x question in return, you dot like my presence, is it because I was fat?

*** Comment Removed ***

read those 3 posts

Associate
Well I don't think you really did answer his question. You pandered around the subject with some non facts and then made what looked like a personal attack which is what I am imagining lead to his response.

Just deviate a tad, there is a lot of waffle surrounding Jack3d, some people say it can be likened to steroids others say the are no problems what so ever. This link is from the Jack3d website so take it from a sensible mindset because it is their product but it still has some useful info and two lists of banned drugs:http://www.jack-3d.com/is-jack3d-legal.

I don't know whether Jack3d is considered natural or not but if that article is correct you can see why there is some speculation.

In my experience "natural" come from not taking steroids but then you get into the argument of what is classified under that umbrella which we probably shouldn't do here, but that's not really the point in hand.

cheets64, just in case you are still uncertain, any form of standard protein (to my knowledge) is absolutely fine to supplement with and I would be more than surprised if a drugs test called you on it. Here are two good sites which are cheap and good quality.

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/
http://www.ironscience.co.uk/

There is a price matcher on MyProtein that if you use the second link comes up with some larger discounts and if you don't have an account if you use discount code MP96516 for an extra 5% off

In the future if you feel like you are being attacked just ignore it, just for the point that the inevitable drawl that follows is of no interest to me and I would imagine people don't come here to watch a fight.

Man of Honour
i helped the guy - read my initial post in reply to his question :confused::confused::confused:

he then reacted stupidly, you can take a camel to water but you cant force it to drink, all the information he needed was in my post.

also take a look at this thread

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18274600

its all about laughing at idiots in the gym, now your saying its wrong to laugh at idiots? hypocrite is the word i would use.

read those 3 posts
Give it a rest mate. Do you even enjoy posting the way you do?

Caporegime
[TW]Sponge;19387447 said:
Do not feed the troll. Anyway back on subject, where do doms hit you the hardest? My lower back is still painful from the deads I did on Monday!

Ermmm...Legs, possibly lats, and my elbow area where the tri would 'join' hurts a lot :(

:p

Caporegime
Well I don't think you really did answer his question. You pandered around the subject with some non facts and then made what looked like a personal attack which is what I am imagining lead to his response.

Just deviate a tad, there is a lot of waffle surrounding Jack3d, some people say it can be likened to steroids others say the are no problems what so ever. This link is from the Jack3d website so take it from a sensible mindset because it is their product but it still has some useful info and two lists of banned drugs:http://www.jack-3d.com/is-jack3d-legal.

I don't know whether Jack3d is considered natural or not but if that article is correct you can see why there is some speculation.

In my experience "natural" come from not taking steroids but then you get into the argument of what is classified under that umbrella which we probably shouldn't do here, but that's not really the point in hand.

cheets64, just in case you are still uncertain, any form of standard protein (to my knowledge) is absolutely fine to supplement with and I would be more than surprised if a drugs test called you on it. Here are two good sites which are cheap and good quality.

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/
http://www.ironscience.co.uk/

There is a price matcher on MyProtein that if you use the second link comes up with some larger discounts and if you don't have an account if you use discount code MP96516 for an extra 5% off

In the future if you feel like you are being attacked just ignore it, just for the point that the inevitable drawl that follows is of no interest to me and I would imagine people don't come here to watch a fight.

could you highlight the part which is a personal attack?

what is not natural?

whey protein comes from cheese production its basically a by product which used to be a waste product until they managed to find a market for it. so it comes from milk.

now whey protein can be natural or not natural depending on where the actual milk comes from.

for example the cows in america are given all sorts of drugs/chemicals and their milk or any products derived from their milk are not allowed to be brought back into the UK in your luggage. this is because the UK deem their milk to be not up to their standards or pass their rules and regulations.

but whey from UK cows could be deemed as natural because such drugs/chemicals are not used.

it all depends on your perspective or point of view. do you think its natural to be eating whey?

on another note you say your sick of eating some "real proteins", but i dont think you know protein is found in many foods and some of them are even vegetarian such as lentils, beans, chickpeas, the list goes on.

steak, sausage, bacon, cod, prawns, etc the list of different types of meat/animals is also endless, there is no way you could be sick of eating them all.

also there are hundreds of different types of protein powder. casein, micaeler casein, pea, hemp, whey, concentrate, isolate, egg, etc.

if you want to know more, i suggest you do some reading up on the subject before even asking any more questions, it's blatantly obvious by your question is whey natural, that you dont know what is normally deemed as natural and what isn't.

for example, natural bodybuilders who compete in natural shows are not allowed to take jack3d, their is an ingredient in jack3d which is on the banned list.

there are probably quite a few guys on here that use jack3d, are they now not natural?

Soldato
could you highlight the part which is a personal attack?

what is not natural?

The supplements thread is the other way.

Yeah my legs cane, but my back at the moment is beating it:(

Soldato

It's on the banned list because there is a chance of causing a false positive, it's not an illegal substance.

my college rugby team train and are allowed to use it, they just have to stop a month before a match because there's a tiny chance some of them could get a false positive.

In Ireland if someone if banned in sports it's also banned from sales, such as Tribulus which on the banned list and as such is illegal to sell in stores as well.

Natural is anything that's no illigal or banned inyour country. If it can be freely bought in a retail outlet it's legal.

Caporegime
It's on the banned list because there is a chance of causing a false positive, it's not an illegal substance.

my college rugby team train and are allowed to use it, they just have to stop a month before a match because there's a tiny chance some of them could get a false positive.

In Ireland if someone if banned in sports it's also banned from sales, such as Tribulus which on the banned list and as such is illegal to sell in stores as well.

Natural is anything that's no illigal or banned inyour country. If it can be freely bought in a retail outlet it's legal.

so pro hormones (designer steroids) are natural in your opinion, i can buy them right now using my credit card online, completely 100% legal from about 100 different websites.

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/4366/1/Competitive-Edge-Labs-M-Drol---90Capsules.html

for example.

that is legal. not banned. bought freely. therefore natural?

Soldato
so pro hormones (designer steroids) are natural in your opinion, i can buy them right now using my credit card online, completely 100% legal from about 100 different websites.

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/4366/1/Competitive-Edge-Labs-M-Drol---90Capsules.html

for example.

that is legal. not banned. bought freely. therefore natural?

That's up to do, this is not the place to discuss gummi berry juice though.
If it's not illigal or banned by sports and the government use away if you want.

It on the other hand is banned and illegal in my country so it is not for me; as such I'll never touch it even if given the chance.

If you want to, sure knock yourself out pumpyourself full of what ever you can get legally.

You also have to admit, comparing Jack3d which is a glorified energy drink to hormone doping is pushing the limits and jsut reinforces that many here think you're only pushing for reactions.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's up to do, this is not the place to discuss gummi berry juice though.
If it's not illigal or banned by sports and the government use away if you want.

It on the other hand is banned and illegal in my country so it is not for me.
If you want to, sure knock yourself out pumpyourself full of what ever you can get legally.

those arent gummi berry juice though are they? they are pro hormones.

im just asking if you think they are natrual or not? because you stated that if its legal to buy from any store in your country, then its natural.

im just trying to show you, its not as black and white as you think. so im just asking for your opinion on the matter.

you think pro hormones are natural?

i would deem them as not natural personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom