*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Psycho Sonny - I'm getting a bit bored of your crap input into this thread - and input in general. What are you about?!

im asking and answering questions? :confused:

i think you should be looking in cheets direction, i answered his question and did you see his reply?

also what is crap input? im discussing what a professional physio who works in a hospital told me that converse type shoes where the worst types i could be wearing.

is that not allowed?

you know there is an ignore list right?

Man of Honour
I know the ignore list, I also know where the ban button is. ;) However, I cannot ignore people as I am mod and I see all ;)

Cheets is suspended, and he does take things overly personally. However, you go on and on about all sorts of stuff on a tangent ALL the time which has absolutely no relevance at times.

Some of your input in the supps thread is fine, giving people good deals etc... I don't agree with a lot of the things you suggest, but you are providing info and links to cheap sups etc... which is great.

Some of your interactions with members however, leaves a lot to be desired. All I ask is you think about the way you interact - we want people to feel welcomed here, and not lambasted for coming into what can sometimes be a bit "cliquey" environment.,

I do not want elitism in this thread or anything gym related.

No one here is better than me, I am no better than anyone in this thread. We are all peers, and equals, with different experience.

I will not tolerate people who condescend or troll other members - that's not just aimed at you PS, it's to everyone in this thread.

I want you all to listen to one another, pay some respect to one another, and if you disagree, do so in a reasonable manner. Is that understood?

Man of Honour
Not a huge issue, but it's possible that you're tight somewhere you aren't aware of if you found them more comfortable. It's also possible that your squat mechanics don't fit your body perfectly (bone lengths, muscle/tendon/ligament insertions...).

Apparently there is a decent chance that they will mess up your functionality in other things though (running, for example).

Don't get me wrong I enjoy being barefoot - but when I did slip on the ironworks, boy did it feel good! No chance of me buying shoes just for lifting - but It is a nice feeling.

Man of Honour
also what is crap input? im discussing what a professional physio who works in a hospital told me that converse type shoes where the worst types i could be wearing.
I think this is where you're confused. It looks like you were told they were bad for your situation, doesn't mean they are bad for everyone else.

Man of Honour
Don't get me wrong I enjoy being barefoot - but when I did slip on the ironworks, boy did it feel good! No chance of me buying shoes just for lifting - but It is a nice feeling.
As long as you don't wear them consistently I'll be happy :p:)

My info is coming from a long time client of Eric Cressey, who is kind of the jesus of functionality.

Soldato
I know the ignore list, I also know where the ban button is. ;) However, I cannot ignore people as I am mod and I see all ;)

Cheets is suspended, and he does take things overly personally. However, you go on and on about all sorts of stuff on a tangent ALL the time which has absolutely no relevance at times.

Some of your input in the supps thread is fine, giving people good deals etc... I don't agree with a lot of the things you suggest, but you are providing info and links to cheap sups etc... which is great.

Some of your interactions with members however, leaves a lot to be desired. All I ask is you think about the way you interact - we want people to feel welcomed here, and not lambasted for coming into what can sometimes be a bit "cliquey" environment.,

No one here is better than me, I am no better than anyone in this thread. We are all peers, and equals, with different experience.

I will not tolerate people who condescend or troll other members - that's not just aimed at you PS, it's to everyone in this thread.

I want you all to listen to one another, pay some respect to one another, and if you disagree, do so in a reasonable manner. Is that understood?

One of the best posts I've seen:)

Caporegime

that seems perfectly fine to me

Man of Honour
Oh don't get me wrong - I've been waiting for someone to come along with mobility advice for yonks! I do my own bits from my own issues (dislocated shoulders etc...) so I take what you have to say very seriously - but I think with some experienced training using lifting shoes shouldn't hamper you too much :)

Man of Honour
Oh don't get me wrong - I've been waiting for someone to come along with mobility advice for yonks! I do my own bits from my own issues (dislocated shoulders etc...) so I take what you have to say very seriously - but I think with some experienced training using lifting shoes shouldn't hamper you too much :)
People are free to take or leave my advice, as long as they are able to do the things they want to optimally and without pain then I'm happy :)

i think this may be the case then, converse types are bad for my situation, but i assumed they are bad for knee's etc for all people.
Yep it looks like that's what happened. Fair assumption if they weren't being clear, especially as you were talking to an actual physio and not some chap in the gym.

Associate
A bit of gvt today.

30kg dumbbell press
6x10, 8, 7, 7, 6.

59kg Lat pulldown
6x10, 8, 8, 7, 9.

Squats
60kg 7x10
70kg 1x10
80kg 1x10
90kg 1x5

Aaaand I'm spent.

Also found out one of the staff/pt's at the gym is a British record holder?? 210kg bench press!

Edit^^ John Hamson?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hit me up with some of your best back exercises guys. Currently I'm doing ..

Seated Rows
Deadlifts
Dumbbell Rows
Back Extensions.

Think I'm becoming immune to them as I'm not feeling the DOMS no more. I'll keep the deadlifts but wouldn't mind ideas on something else to do for back/lats.

Caporegime
try carrying something really heavy in front of you using 2 hands up and down a flight of stairs as many times as you can. or try carrying something really heavy backwards and forwards 10-20 feet as many times as you can.

i found those 2 exercises (i was actually moving something because i had to) killed my lower back and it ached for hours. not an exercise you will find in any program, but similar to strongest man in the world programme type stuff.

Soldato
Hit me up with some of your best back exercises guys. Currently I'm doing ..

Seated Rows
Deadlifts
Dumbbell Rows
Back Extensions.

Think I'm becoming immune to them as I'm not feeling the DOMS no more. I'll keep the deadlifts but wouldn't mind ideas on something else to do for back/lats.

Seated goodmorning with legs relaxed only focuses on lower back to build up the lumbar region's muscles. Use an olympic bar. ( DO NOT brace you legs for support, they need to be slack and relaxed as to focus only on your back)

I'll need to be doing those for rehab starting the 27th for my back.

Soldato
Try pre-fatigue your lats with some cable, dumbell or machine (if you're lucky enough to have access to one) pullovers.

Actually speaking of which... i'm off to the gym for my back sesh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom