*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Not being to the gym for about 3days because i've been ill. For some reason I feel and look like i've lost so much weight and muscle definition?!?

If you haven't been eating properly you will just be flat due to your body using up the glycogen within your muscles, you will fill out again once you get back to eating normally. Also some of it will be in your head.

Soldato
Just done wide handle cable rows as per recommendation. Oh my word. A whole new realm of muscles came into play. Muscles I didn't even knew I had! Done it first and deadlifts after than and had to stop and my lats felt like bursting out of the skin. Why did I never thought of doing that.

Soldato
I wish I could do some back training.

I can hardly walk for 30 minutes without my back cramping and that nerve cluster acting the fool on me.

Curse you retards that leave plates lying around!!! If I didn't need to clean up their mess I wouldn't have hurt that nerve cluster.

GRRRR!

Edit: Just order myself the 66fit EVA 15cmx90cm foam roller.

I'm going to make damn sure I never hurt my back again, and to stay as flexible as possible again.
The EVA is the best they have to offer and is made to last far longer then normal rollers, since it's high use and impact.

Thanks to this injury my flexibilty and mobility is just gone.

Nothing I can't fix again, it'll be a some time before I'm as mobile as I was a few months ago though.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you haven't been eating properly you will just be flat due to your body using up the glycogen within your muscles, you will fill out again once you get back to eating normally. Also some of it will be in your head.

4 days and my trousers are actually falling off me!! I look like i've just got out of a concentration camp :o

After all that hard work trying to put weight on, grrr :(

Man of Honour
Comp day!

Yesterday was miserable, basically zero carbs apart from a tiny amount at breakfast, drank more water than I ever thought I'd want to see again, and then stopped consuming everything by 9 pm. Then a hot bath to start the dehydration process and bed.

Now all I can think of is how much I want the water I so loathed yesterday :D

My only comfort now is the ridiculous amount of food/fluids to consume after the weigh-in.

Briefs: check
Sexy singlet: check
Long socks to catch the inevitable blood from my ankles: check

Time to go and not fall over on a platform in front of people I've never met! :p:D

Soldato
Great back session. Took it easy on deads having not done them in a while, cranked out a few sets at 80kg. Had an older guy next to me doing the worst form on everything ive ever seen. He was wearing a belt for it all, arching his back insanely on shoulder press, forearm curls bouncing them off his knees, bicep curls with huge squat momentum, the whole hog! And he was staring at me while i was doing deads, was expecting him to tell me to use a belt :D

I do miss the freedom of having a close by gym though :( Only been like 4 times in the past 2 weeks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom