*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I can get into the squat position just fine with my heels an inch off the floor :p

Serious full body doms today, could hardly get out of bed. Those deadlifts did me good yesterday :D

edit: I'm the same, most of the day infront of the pc. Will be even worse when im back at uni and moreso if i ever get a job afterwards!

Soldato

You can take the man away from the computer, but you can't take the computer away from the man.........!
(Still an avid gamer who even occassionally dabbles in painting minitures :p)

So true, I also studied in computing so I'll be with it all my life haha.

Of snap!
EVENT CATEGORY
01 Jul 11 8:28 AM - With delivery courier - DUBLIN,IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF

DHL are legends, they worked through the night and my order is out for delivery this morning. They even sent me an email informing me.
I just hope the guy get's around to my house with it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
talking of deliveries, i've ordered some proper aqua shorts for my swimming. My board shorts are getting uncomfortable to swim longer distances in.

Not impressed, the things are tiny, don't think I will actually wear them lol

Soldato
Oh lord!

oh-lawd.jpg

Soldato
My order from sugarrays just arrived. It looks like it was dragged across the road.
The box was broken as well.
IMG-20110701-00004.jpg

IMG-20110701-00006.jpg

The shoes look good at least no damage that I could see.

The soles and heel are very hard and firm, I like it. The heel is rock solid and there's a small bit of hard material just above it to help stop the foot form shifting.

I'll pop them on and I'll do some squats today even though it's chest day to see how they feel.

I ordered an 8 since it's the same size as the converse I wear and I need and want a snug fit. It's it looks slightly more narrow then the Nike 8.5's I'm wearing.

I'll keep you all up to date with them.

Man of Honour
Congrats on finally receiving them in (kinda) one piece!

I'm still going to recommend people don't use them though.

Also, for people who just tested their air squat, make sure you're doing it like this:

In fact that is a great little video that covers a lot of important topics. Principally, the degree to which your feet are turned out when squatting. This is going to be very important for our multitudes of people with bad backs and bad knees (looking at you Psycho Sonny).

If you can't get into that position, you're going to need to spend some time mobilising. Or alternatively you can wait for when your back blows out or you get chronically painful knees ;)

Soldato
can you give me some details on the arch support? if there is any and how big it is compared to for instance your other trainers.

cheers.

Shoe size they're a perfect fit at 8 which is my normal shoe size and for converse. It's slightly bigger the Nikes as I have to weat an 8.5 in those and they're about the same fit as the Adidas.

They've little arch support though, I've normal arches and I can feel it slightly against my feet there.

Although keep in mind this is just from wearing them now in the house.
They're very comfortable and the strap up top means you can get an even tighter feel.

I'm also wearing normal socks, nothing thick so it's a good sign at how snug these are.
They're even comfy to walk around in, the sole is solid and does not move except near the toes where it's essential to move.

It's good heel support though, actually very good.

After doing some Body weight squats I can say they're nice alright. I'll find out more after I use them in the gym today. I'm going to do some squats anyway and see how they feel there.

So far I'm really happy with them.

Congrats on finally receiving them in (kinda) one piece!

I'm still going to recommend people don't use them though.

Also, for people who just tested their air squat, make sure you're doing it like this:

Icecold both my doctors have been nagging me about not having proper footwear so it'll only help.

I also find easily get into that position for squating bare footed.

Soldato
Anyone find when your upper biceps and lats and traps get larger you can feel them rubbing together when your arms go to straight down your side ? Like not enough room fof it all

I suppose it's good but brings back bad memories an d feelings when I was 4st overweight and had similar but for different reasons - flab

Wife winged at me when put and about at weekend

Apparently arms and neck too veigny ! Lol

Caporegime
Anyone find when your upper biceps and lats and traps get larger you can feel them rubbing together when your arms go to straight down your side ? Like not enough room fof it all

I suppose it's good but brings back bad memories an d feelings when I was 4st overweight and had similar but for different reasons - flab

Wife winged at me when put and about at weekend

Apparently arms and neck too veigny ! Lol

Ah well, if she doesn't like it, its not her body :)

Man of Honour
Icecold both my doctors have been nagging me about not having proper footwear so it'll only help.

I also find easily get into that position for squating bare footed.
So you can get into a full squat with your feet parallel and back straight? If so, good.

There is a difference between "proper footwear" and adding a heal which completely changes your mechanics. In fact I will go out on a limb and say that you're converses didn't damage your back. If I'm wrong then fine, but it's far more likely that something else is the cause (not ruling out a history of bad footwear). If I remember your deadlift vid correctly you were rounding your lower back quite a bit, but without a video of your squat I would only be making general suggestions of tight hips/glutes/hamstrings requiring your back to compensate.

As long as you take overall mobility MORE seriously if you use them, you probably won't have any problems.

I squat in my socks, bad idea?
Yes that's fine, as long as your feet aren't slipping too much in the sock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom