*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They are very well known for sitting with their thumbs in their arses when they should be sending out orders :o

Sake....

There goes my plan for having the proper shoes so I can build a good new foundation with my physio and getting used to them early on.

Ugh.

Guess I'll be avoiding them in the future so.
They also have yet to replay to an email I sent them last week. BAH!

My left bicep is about a half inch bigger than my right. Right handed aswell :confused:

Really feeling like crap lately its only been 4 weeks since i stopped training super regularly but it feels like months :( Scales only say i've lost less than a kilo but the mirror says i look like ****. Maybe its psycological... Anyway after the weekend i can finally get back to it at least twice a week until i go away at the end of july for a fortnight. Goodbye sweet gains :o

Don't worry mate I was stuck in the same boat and got injured in it. It's psycilogical.

My first day back on Monday felt amazing, even if it was all a glorified physio warmup haha.

Also since I got that bad tendonitis in my right elbow, my right arm has always been weaker. They're both the same size though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
my bro is actually going away to turkey tomorrow, i'll ask my fiancee next time she is round and my legs have recovered, they are aching right now.

is there a thing like imageshack for uploading vids? or do i need to set up a youtube account?
My mate used dropbox recently to share videos from the comp, but I have no idea if it's easy to use. Youtube is probably the way forward.

When you do it make sure you do a weight that is really challenging so we can see where the form breaks.

Caporegime
My mate used dropbox recently to share videos from the comp, but I have no idea if it's easy to use. Youtube is probably the way forward.

When you do it make sure you do a weight that is really challenging so we can see where the form breaks.

right ill do 70kg, 100kg, 120kg and 140kg, dont really want to try 160kg just yet, so thats 4 video's, dont want to be recording me changing plates, etc lol.

should hopefully be able to record it sometime next week.

my form should now be a lot better though. i did 120kg for 5 x10 the other day after about 4 months of taking it easy and doing hardly zero legs (just my bodyweight physio stuff).

Caporegime
Are you saying that a small tweak in form from your physio has made you lose 60kg on your squat?

have not squatted in 4 months (been doing physio).

also i said im gonna do 140kg (not ready for 160kg)

first time back i did 100kg for reps.

second time back i did 120kg for reps

third time will be 140kg for reps

i'll be doing 180kg within 2 weeks i would hope. im just taking it easy, because i dont want to exasperate a very bad injury i have (loose patella and extreme hyper mobility).

Soldato
Pretty good session actually. Was quite a mismatch, chest and back :D due to it being packed. So after a 45 min walk there i started with dumbell presses, flat and incline and flies. No cable machines free, couldnt get on the smith so decided to do deads.

60kgx8
80kgx8
100kgx5
110kgx3
120kgx1

All with double overhand grip for once, ripped a callus off on the last one :p Not bad though equalling my PB after all that. Happy now :)

Caporegime
OP
have not squatted in 4 months (been doing physio).

also i said im gonna do 140kg (not ready for 160kg)

first time back i did 100kg for reps.

second time back i did 120kg for reps

third time will be 140kg for reps

i'll be doing 180kg within 2 weeks i would hope. im just taking it easy, because i dont want to exasperate a very bad injury i have (loose patella and extreme hyper mobility).

You come across as superman tbh. are you sure that you have only done 1 short cycle?

Caporegime
You come across as superman tbh. are you sure that you have only done 1 short cycle?

my legs are naturally that strong and big.

i can only shoulder press 40kg, bench 75kg, dumbell curl 17.5kg, deadlift 150kg, to put things into perspective, thats just my leg genetics.

i do however go for strict slow form and as many reps as possible (minimum of 8), im not into all this 3 rep or 1 rep stuff.

last time i went to a gym and used a leg press machine (probably 5+ years ago) i could press well over 300kg (forgotten how much it was tbh). i have a busy lifestyle, when i start training i will go mad at it for a month or two then end up taking 4 months off.

i dont need to lie to anyone, i cycled once for a month whilst i was on holiday, a country in which all i had to do was to go to a local cycle shop and tell the guy which parts i wanted for my bicycle and he had my order ready within 2/3 days.

my legs = superman
the rest is slightly above average i would say

Soldato
Ugh, today felt horrible in training.

45kg squats x10 for 3 sets.

45kg SLDL's 10 x 3 sets.

150kg leg press 10 x 3 sets.

200kg Leg extensions x5 ( back felt niggly )
150kg x10 x3 sets

Calves on the leg press
150kg x10 x3 sets

Forgot my ab wheel so didn't even bother doing cable crunches or weighted oblique exercises.

Foamrolling, thoracic mobilty and all that crap.

Back feels a bit niggly, and I had ZERO energy or motivation in there today.
I feel super bored and drained of energy.

Flipping back, blooming 20kg plate and darn myself for being a stupid prat and getting hurt in the first place with that.

Last edited:
Soldato
my legs are naturally that strong and big.

i can only shoulder press 40kg, bench 75kg, dumbell curl 17.5kg, deadlift 150kg, to put things into perspective, thats just my leg genetics.

i do however go for strict slow form and as many reps as possible (minimum of 8), im not into all this 3 rep or 1 rep stuff.
y

Are you shoulder pressing with such slow form? That will hinder your lifts. Slow return maybe, but a more explosive lift will see better gains Id say.

Soldato
Starting a new job next week, and I'm stumped on ideas for lunch :(. My previous place had a great caterers that came in every day and I could have awesome wraps & salads.
Now I'm gonna have to prepare my own for each week :(. I hate cooking/preparing food I avoid it at all costs.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good couple lunches? I think first and foremost I've gotta do grilled chicken breast + brown rice right? Whats the deal with reheating the rice though? Isn't that a bad idea?
I was thinking of getting some of those microwave rice sachets, put half a pack in a tupperware container along with a grilled chicken breast with some seasoning etc. Then at work I could whip the chicken out, zap the container with the rice in as if it was still in the packet for 2 mins then quickly zap the chicken for 30s or so just to give it some heat? Would this work ok?

The other option seems to be wraps/pitta, but I struggle to make these tasty and not dry as sand without piling on calorific dressings etc.

Whut do OcUK? Share with me your weekly lunch recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom