2X8X80kg
2X8X90kg
1X10X60kg

T-Bar rows
1X10X20kG
2X10X35kg
1X10X45kg

3X10 Back extensions with 15kG

3X10X 80kg seated rows. (I think that's the weight)

OHP
3X10X35kg

I think I need to start pushing a bit more and up some of the weights, especially on upper body.

Man of Honour
Yeah glute stretching sucks big time. Makes a massive difference though, which is probably because we all spend so long on our arses.

Dod your weights seem to be coming along nicely, but there's nothing wrong with being a little more aggressive just to see how you cope. You can always back it off if you feel uncomfortable, but a few weeks at higher weight (possibly with lower reps if you wanted) could do you some good.

Soldato
yeah glutes are tough as nails to get loose and soft. Specially since I'm infront of a pc 80% of the day haha. Doesn't help much.

I also found this, the guy hurts himself deadlifting. You can clearly see him pulling with his lower back and BAM. Split second and in bits.

Soldato
yeah glutes are tough as nails to get loose and soft. Specially since I'm infront of a pc 80% of the day haha. Doesn't help much.

I also found this, the guy hurts himself deadlifting. You can clearly see him pulling with his lower back and BAM. Split second and in bits.

Amazing to think it can just happen in an instant. I'll be sticking to my 90kg then:(

dod

dod

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;19496757 said:
Amazing to think it can just happen in an instant. I'll be sticking to my 90kg then:(

This is going to sound really stupid but I did the disk between L3/4 by picking up a pot plant :o I bent over, went to pick it up but some of the roots had grown through the bottom of the pot and gone into the ground. The resistance and the way I picked it up, or tried to, was enough to do it :(

Soldato
This is going to sound really stupid but I did the disk between L3/4 by picking up a pot plant :o I bent over, went to pick it up but some of the roots had grown through the bottom of the pot and gone into the ground. The resistance and the way I picked it up, or tried to, was enough to do it :(

Seriously? I have been trying to tell my mum gardening was bad for you but she wouldn't listen. I now have proof:D

How long were you out for?

Soldato

[TW]Sponge;19496892 said:
Seriously? I have been trying to tell my mum gardening was bad for you but she wouldn't listen. I now have proof:D

I crushed nerve in my lumbar spine putting away the weight plates in a gym.

Beenn three weeks now and I've only just slowly started training again.

dod

dod

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;19496892 said:

Aye, it's hard to believe but it was really that simple. I was in hospital for 4 days, slept downstairs for a couple of weeks and got back to work in about 4 weeks if I remember correctly. It took a few months before I was able to spend a whole day in the office. Our neighbours a doctor though, the morphine was spot on :D

Funny thing is I used to get random cramps in my right leg and my back was always giving me gyp. Since starting lifting they both seem to have disappeared. I'm putting it down to better core strength.

Soldato
I'm just getting back into the gym here after several years out of it, so figured I should contribute a bit to this thread.

I used to be a gym regular a while back, but haven't done it regularly in a good 5 years. In that time I've lost a fair whack of muscle and put on a quite a bit of fat for good measure!
One of the guys I work with goes regularly so I signed up to the gym near work a few weeks ago and have trying to get back into things.
I have to say I'd forgotten how good it feels when you're pushing yourself in the gym, so definitely planning on keeping it up long term :)

I'm obviously still getting used to it again, but currently doing a three day split with at least one big compound exercise on each day.
I did a 10K run on Tuesday evening, then deadlifts on Wed and squats today and currently my legs feel ****ed from it all. Hopefully in a few more weeks my body will be a bit more used to pushing itself and I can start making some progress with the weights.

Fingers crossed muscle memory will come into play a bit too.

Caporegime
walked in did 10 reps walked out, like a boss

genuine question here:

did you only do 1 set of 10 reps?

on another note, whenever i do legs, im fine, i can walk straight, go up stairs, etc, no problem, i dont have any problems until the next day, thats when im a bit "tight" or "stiff" feeling and doms have kicked in and im slower than normal at moving about using my legs.

personally i did shoulders and back today, i hit my shoulders hard, back not so much, was in a rush.

edit: i use purple wraath intra workout, apparently helps a lot with DOMS, etc so that may be why my legs are fine until the day after.

Soldato
I wouldn't class 10 reps with "no sweat" as working one's legs hard :p

Cheers dude great post I'll need to get round to reading it/watching all videos!

Today I did shoulders/tris/chest and some bicep work in the morning, pushing trolleys at work (supermarket) 6-10pm then ran home. Took ~25 mins, still stopping and not running down the hills to spare my knees, very hilly route.

Been eating a lot (overcompensating? :p) to make up for all this exercise!

Permabanned
genuine question here:

did you only do 1 set of 10 reps?

on another note, whenever i do legs, im fine, i can walk straight, go up stairs, etc, no problem, i dont have any problems until the next day, thats when im a bit "tight" or "stiff" feeling and doms have kicked in and im slower than normal at moving about using my legs.

personally i did shoulders and back today, i hit my shoulders hard, back not so much, was in a rush.

edit: i use purple wraath intra workout, apparently helps a lot with DOMS, etc so that may be why my legs are fine until the day after.

oh god

no but 70kg was the max I did with 10 reps, like I said I could lift more, not tried a 1RM yet, need to get on dat powerlifting thread, maybe when I go to my mates old school weights only gym

I did deadlifts last saturday and felt it the next day, lower arms and lower back was tender

Caporegime
oh god

no but 70kg was the max I did with 10 reps, like I said I could lift more, not tried a 1RM yet, need to get on dat powerlifting thread, maybe when I go to my mates old school weights only gym

I did deadlifts last saturday and felt it the next day, lower arms and lower back was tender

when it comes to legs volume is usually key, that's why i was asking.

it's usually best to "over train" legs so to speak, because they are the most used muscles in your body, you use them everyday to walk, etc.

i usually get up to my working weight whatever it may be, take yours for example 70kg and do 5 sets of 10 reps (50 reps in total at the working weight). legs can take much more abuse that any other muscle in your body, and they usually need it in order to grow.

biceps on the other hand only need like 1 set at working weight.

Caporegime
freefaller i noticed one of your posts a while back about the "cinnamon stick fat loss trick", i bought cinnamon sticks next time i was at asda and i forgot to actually do it, so i made the stuff up yesterday (finally got round to it after ages) and i drank it today. god it tastes a bit "oily" i made like 2 litres as well from like 4 sticks. i dunno, its not what i was expecting, i love cinnamon swirls, but cinnamon water tastes horrible. not vomit inducing but not exactly nice either, ive just been gulping it down. it's supposed to be really good for you, so im just bearing with it.

Soldato
Yeah, I use a roller. It's mainly my quads that struggle, what will L-Glutamine do for me?

It's a very important Amino acid, it's found in most intra training drinks and it's essential for muscle repair, growth and a healthy immune system.

It also helps kill DOMS before they can become a problem.

I'd also sugguest you use that foam foller on your back, specially for Thoracic mobility. That way you can get the thoracic spine mobile and help prevent the lumbar one from bending.

#Edit: Anyone here want an invite to Google +?

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting about the squatting with feet pointing straight forward in those vids - I've had my feet at about 30 degrees but if I try with them straight I struggle to get to parallel! :( Think I'll be doing a lot of mobility work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom