*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Haha, taking it easy but working your legs hard :D
Good work and yes, the feeling is, how's best to put it.... manly, bear like! Haha

Well, I figure if I'm going to do it I may as well do it properly :p

Obviously I'm not exactly pushing massive weights yet though, but hopefully will get there in time.
In terms of the big lifts, this week did 4x8 deadlifts @ 70kg and 3x10 squats at 60kg (was still a little sore from the deadlifts when doing these)
Hopefully I can get back up into the three figures for those before too long, but seeing as I've not done it for a long time I'm trying not to push myself too much just at the minute.

Associate
You guys got any good cold food ideas for lunches? I've been at jury service all week, and taken my usual chicken with rice/pasta and veggies in for lunch, but we have no access to a microwave. I've had a really bad stomach from tuesday on, including the squits, and i'm pretty sure it's because i'm not microwaving my food and eating it cold.

Any good food ideas i can take in that can be eaten cold? The only other option is eating at the jury service canteen which is shocking food. Awful sandwiches, crisps, chocolate bars, and sugary drinks is all they offer.. and i refuse to eat that garbage.

Soldato
You guys got any good cold food ideas for lunches? I've been at jury service all week, and taken my usual chicken with rice/pasta and veggies in for lunch, but we have no access to a microwave. I've had a really bad stomach from tuesday on, including the squits, and i'm pretty sure it's because i'm not microwaving my food and eating it cold.

Any good food ideas i can take in that can be eaten cold? The only other option is eating at the jury service canteen which is shocking food. Awful sandwiches, crisps, chocolate bars, and sugary drinks is all they offer.. and i refuse to eat that garbage.

What about a tin of tuna, piece of fruit and some nuts? Something along those lines.

Take some boiled eggs with you?

Associate
[TW]Sponge;19499823 said:
What about a tin of tuna, piece of fruit and some nuts? Something along those lines.

Take some boiled eggs with you?

I take a bag of almonds to snack on during the day, and i take a tin of mackerel with me aswell (although i cant eat that on some days as we are locked in the jury room and the smell of mackerel is pretty bad for some people to bare!). Fruit is a good idea too.. but what else is there that could work? Eggs is a good shout, but i have 4 eggs for breakfast. I might have to resort to cooking up a chicken wrap the morning of my day, and taking that with me in tuppaware.. and hope it's ok 4 hours later :confused:

Man of Honour
So I've been an absolute saint with my diet for about a week and a bit.

... and I've just had an absolutely huge binge on the chocolate cupboard in my house. God himself could not have stopped me and I lunged forward into the chocolatey goodness!! I feel much better now.

Do you guys find yourself letting go a bit if you get cravings? My will power is pretty strong to calorie count etc to the extent that I do, but my craving for sugar always gets me in the end.

Man of Honour
I onlY cheat once a week, my cheat meal lasts 7 days!

Haha, nice!

A typical day of my diet consists of:

Breakfast:
2 pitta breads
Shake

Lunch:
2 pitta breads
Chicken breast
Pot of cottage cheese
Shake

Dinner:
1 pitta bread
2 high quality burgers
Shake

Evening snack meal:
Shake!

Ends up being 280-300g of protein and hitting 200kcals about maintenance, which I think is fairly good. There is occationally some fruit in there but I really should eat more vegetables - thing is I don't really like them.

Any ideas to kill my sugar cravings or should I just embrace them?

Man of Honour
I've just found an open tub of chocolate buttercream icing in the fridge and slapped some of that bad boy on some brown bread yum yum, it's ok though I've spent the last 2 days doing 14 hour shifts running around a hilly field and the same again tomorrow :D

Caporegime
I might have to resort to cooking up a chicken wrap the morning of my day, and taking that with me in tuppaware.. and hope it's ok 4 hours later :confused:

I don't understand this, what would be the issue?

I cook chicken on a sunday night/monday morning, have it for monday lunch and tuesday lunch...then do the same for the rest of the week...

I just have chicken in a wrap with some mayo and anythng else i can throw in...cheese/lettuce/other green substance :)

Caporegime
I cooked turkey yesterday at 8am, it's been out in (in a warm car for a few hours, sat in a hotel room all night) since then and just eaten it now. You'll be fine

Aye...I defrost chicken and cook it within the hour :p Not got anything yet thankfully...Long as it's cooked through there shouldnt be issues

Associate
I don't understand this, what would be the issue?

I cook chicken on a sunday night/monday morning, have it for monday lunch and tuesday lunch...then do the same for the rest of the week...

I just have chicken in a wrap with some mayo and anythng else i can throw in...cheese/lettuce/other green substance :)

I'm pretty paranoid after the stomach bug i've got this past week from lunches. I usually cook in big batches, so i cooked on sunday and it fed me for monday/tuesday/wednesday lunch times. I took it straight from the fridge and took it with me and ate it as it was. It was cold, tasted bland, and had that layer of water gunk at the bottom of the tuppaware. I never usually trust food like that until its microwaved because of the moist environment i think it's prone to bacteria. Which is why i've had toilet issues the past 3 days now :p

But i'm guessing if i cook on that morning, it should be fine, so i'll probably just do that!

Man of Honour
Only one day into another HST cycle and it's already killed me. Turns out I was quite a bit out of condition, thank god I didn't try and do smolov straight away!

Severe DOMS in my legs, didn't help that I did 10 mins of sprint starts after finishing just to work on technique - hello low hamstrings, not felt you in a while!

edit: also, yesterday morning I weighed in 200g heavier than I did on comp day when I'd suffered through calorie restriction and water loading/dehydration. FML

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom