*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
no idea, hence me asking :D

Agree with what you're saying to be honest.

A blanket statement that it's easier to lose weight when taller (esp. without evidence) is ridiculous as you cut calories from your norm not to a static number. If each cut 500 calories they're still -500cal from maintenance :confused:

On a more gym orientated note my current routine consists of:

Day 1: Cosgrove Complexes
Day 2: Chest/Tris 3x8
Day 3: Cosgrove Complexes
Day 4: Back/Bis 3x8
Day 5: Cosgrove Complexes
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Rest

My aim is currently pretty much totally fat loss. My question is; is this too much? Are the complexes not giving me enough rest time or does that not matter as much seeing as my current goal for the next 2 weeks is fat loss?

After my holiday I'm going to switch up to Stronglifts 5x5 I think and try and up my lifts.

On a more gym orientated note my current routine consists of:

Day 1: Cosgrove Complexes
Day 2: Chest/Tris 3x8
Day 3: Cosgrove Complexes
Day 4: Back/Bis 3x8
Day 5: Cosgrove Complexes
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Rest

My aim is currently pretty much totally fat loss. My question is; is this too much? Are the complexes not giving me enough rest time or does that not matter as much seeing as my current goal for the next 2 weeks is fat loss?

After my holiday I'm going to switch up to Stronglifts 5x5 I think and try and up my lifts.

That's an awefull lot going on there mate!

Although the complexes will only be too much if you use a weight that's heavy enough to turn it from cardio into weighttraining

It's about balance and in fairness you're routine looks similar to mine when I was doing the whole fatloss.

Just make sure to get plenty of amino acids and proteins in to help with recovery.

Yeh I know its a lot, but just wanted confirmation I wasn't going ridiculously over the top. The fat has literally been stripped off after I've added the complexes on off days (and due to diet of course), and due to it being holidays I never go more than 1 day without exercise even if something stops me working out for a day. Also the only reason I manage it is my housemate has a barbell so its virtually *cough* no effort for me to do them.

Regarding using too high a weight - I am absolutely DEAD by the end of a complex session and in the sets with more reps am really having to push myself to get some of the reps out. I have absolutely no idea whether this means the weight is too high as I thought complexes were meant to be this taxing? Might drop down a small amount just to make sure.

If your muscles are tired and sore from it, it's too heavy and not cardio anymore.

The best is to try and find the balance between cardio and weighttraining with them.

I'm glad you find them good for stripping the fat, very few people out there realise just how much better they are compared to regular cardio.

Yeh they're brilliant and so quick to do, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Ok - I don't get sore or achy after them / the next day, but I think I'm going to drop down 2.5-5kg just to be safe - obviously if it's too easy I'll add back on.

!! I didnt use it before but he taped it on cos it kept falling off for him. Its just pipe insulation lol barely makes a difference but ah well. Like i say, not gonna complain :D:D
:eek::mad::D
cushioning is a god send - not sure how anyone doesn't use it ?

I suppose it depends how bony/ how much fat you have bottom of your neck
Some people are born with testicles...

:p

...but hold on, are you calling me fat??? :(

Honestly, don't use padding, it won't hurt after a couple of sessions. It's also possible you have the bar in the wrong place.

:eek::mad::D

Some people are born with testicles...

:p

...but hold on, are you calling me fat??? :(

Honestly, don't use padding, it won't hurt after a couple of sessions. It's also possible you have the bar in the wrong place.

lol no - no offence intending just joshing

I've only tried it once without to be honest - and it felt like I'dcrushed the back of my neck for several days afterwards - was very uncomfortable indeed - and effected my other exercises

as you've said you prob just need to get used to it :)

I know I was kidding :D

I used to get bad bruises on the skin over my spine, and it felt like someone had pulverised the vertebrae directly underneath. Now I just get huge bloody grazes on my shoulders whenever I use a certain bar...why do I do this again?

Good god am I feeling my legs today! Had last week off, so this week has been full of DOMS, but after squats yesterday I'm dying. I swear I had to do some kind of advanced combat roll off of the toilet earlier because I couldn't stand back up:cool:

Got some fixed dumbbells coming next week anyway, so I can hammer upper body while these legs learn how to function again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PhysioRoom-Ne...ss_Fitness_Accessories_ET&hash=item2a12257fac

that seems a lot cheaper than the link nightmare gave, is it the same thing?

also thinking of getting these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....726035&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2530wt_801

should be able to reduce any swelling and aid some injuries and what not, always useful to have in the freezer

Hmm the EVA roller is made from the same stuff as the 66fit on ( EVA ).
It could be worth getting the cheaper one, it's probably just not made by 66 fit. Also the cheaper ones usually have an inner core which is normal PE foam. So they usually get compressed quicker.

Since I've never used that Ebay one I wouldn't be able to tell you if it's got the cheaper core or not.

I know the physioIreland one is a solid EVA one, it's two halves together.

Also I'd recommend getting the ice packs. They work wonders!

question please - I've a new set ofroutines and one of them includes using the benchpress (machine - flat) for doing additional tricep work - close grip (about an inch apart?) - allfine - can feel it working my triceps well ..BUT its really hurting my wrists - any ideas please ?

also - this mixing up smaller and larger weights (note I'm not using lighter now ! lol) - ie 12 of one, followed by 6, followed by 12 - is working my muscles harder than they ever ever have - absolutely shattered

^^ah doing some internet research its quite possible I didn't have my shoulders in far enough/ie right next to my body - will retry on Monday - apparently if form wrong - and they'renot in close enough you put a weird angle on your wrists

Did full body today, first time since I started in March, nothing major, just mixed things up, was good, felt a twinge/cramp in my left thigh when I was cycling home, was pushing it a bit to much (up hill all on the way home) and it was windy as hell, but felt fine when I was squating.

Had some bicep boy staring at me while I was squating, he kept throwing his weights down at end of his sets, so gave him a dirty look, ****, his loss wasting a half a rep by just letting it drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom