*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
If you want a cheaper alternative www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk do a BCAA mix called Exceed which gets good reviews, I'm going to be giving it a whirl over the next few weeks.

excel its called (simple mistake), about £10 cheaper per tub over branded. didnt bother comparing values so i dont know which ones have more stuff in them, ive got enough to last me a while anyway. looks good though. cottage cheese is also very good for bcaa's, but not good for intra workout lol.

Soldato
I used to take 10g BCAA's as soon as I woke up, once I got to the gym (about 45 minutes later) then 10g about an hour after the gym........ I also just bought a 2.5kg bag of BCAAs I think, if you want to use a pre-workout, you could always mix a scoop of Jack3D or something in with the second batch of BCAAs - may be the cheapest option?

Thanks Monkee, what brand BCAA did you/do you use? When you say 10g, is that 10g serving or actual BCAA? I notice Xtend really needs 3 scoops (about 16g) to provide 10g of actual 2:1:1 BCAA.

I noticed the smaller tubs of scivation (420g) on offer for £15, so I might start with that. I also have plenty of 250mg caffeine caps I can use to make it a bit more pre-workouty if I need it.

Man of Honour
excel its called (simple mistake), about £10 cheaper per tub over branded. didnt bother comparing values so i dont know which ones have more stuff in them, ive got enough to last me a while anyway. looks good though. cottage cheese is also very good for bcaa's, but not good for intra workout lol.

You're correct I was thinking of one of MP's pre workout blends :o

Associate
On my second week of my routine and really enjoying it, I can definitely feel the difference already.

My routine consists off:

15 minutes cardio (on the treadmill or cycle machine)
60 minutes weight training (I'm on a 3 day routine)
15 minutes cardio (usually cycle machine to finish off)

Then I go for a 10 minute swim (to loosen my muscles and cool down).
Then I go into the sauna for 15 minutes

I feel a lot better everytime I go (Monday/Wednesday/Friday).

But..

I weigh 140 lbs right now and I have a bit of a belly which I'm dying to get rid off. My diet is clean with lots of fish and chicken, vegetables, salad, protein shake, water. Sometimes I have pasta and rice aswell. I normally have about 1500 calories per day.

I would like to trim down to 130 lbs I guess. I hope I'm doing enough cardio, but I've heard that weight training can burn quite a lot of calories, so 60 minutes weight training & 30 minutes cardio should be enough physical excersise?

So I was wondering if there's any supplements that can aid me in losing a bit of weight?

The only supplements I take are protein shake, multivitamin and green tea tablet.

But I've been told there's some kind of tablet that can help burn fat and build muscle at the same time?

Would love to find something to give me that extra edge with fat loss/muscle building :p

Man of Honour
On my second week of my routine and really enjoying it, I can definitely feel the difference already.

My routine consists off:

15 minutes cardio (on the treadmill or cycle machine)
60 minutes weight training (I'm on a 3 day routine)
15 minutes cardio (usually cycle machine to finish off)

Then I go for a 10 minute swim (to loosen my muscles and cool down).
Then I go into the sauna for 15 minutes

I feel a lot better everytime I go (Monday/Wednesday/Friday).

But..

I weigh 140 lbs right now and I have a bit of a belly which I'm dying to get rid off. My diet is clean with lots of fish and chicken, vegetables, salad, protein shake, water. Sometimes I have pasta and rice aswell. I normally have about 1500 calories per day.

I would like to trim down to 130 lbs I guess. I hope I'm doing enough cardio, but I've heard that weight training can burn quite a lot of calories, so 60 minutes weight training & 30 minutes cardio should be enough physical excersise?

So I was wondering if there's any supplements that can aid me in losing a bit of weight?

The only supplements I take are protein shake, multivitamin and green tea tablet.

But I've been told there's some kind of tablet that can help burn fat and build muscle at the same time?

Would love to find something to give me that extra edge with fat loss/muscle building :p

How about something that will clean the house while it's at it :p There is no miracle pill unfortunately it's all about a good diet and hard work.
How tall are you by the way as 140lb is relatively light.

Caporegime

most likely the thing your after is better off injected rather than ingested ;) there is no special pill that works, there is only what is tried and tested

Associate
I just weighed myself and I'm 10 stone exactly and I'm 5'7, so a tiny guy :(. Hence why I'm trying to bulk up and build some lean muscle!

Ah that's a shame, this guy at the gym was 100% sure there's this pill that helps you "cut", he said his friend takes it but I guess he must be on about something else!

Soldato
Please don't... :eek: I'm going to have to stand with you and would prefer not to see anything peeking out!! :p

:p fine, you win! :D

Thanks Monkee, what brand BCAA did you/do you use? When you say 10g, is that 10g serving or actual BCAA? I notice Xtend really needs 3 scoops (about 16g) to provide 10g of actual 2:1:1 BCAA.

I just used the MyProtein own-brand BCAAs. Make no mistake, it tastes absolutely awful! The way I looked at it, it was just nutrients for the body so doesn't have to taste nice. Just give it a good ol' mix in water and chug it down. It doesn't always dissolve well, normally had to mix it in a bottle and giving it a good shake, leave it in my gym bag for the 20 minute drive to the gym, then chug it down. I'm guessing bobbing around in my gym bag whilst driving really helps it mix better!

Here's the stuff I used:
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/bcaa

I must've got the 250g bag, not the 2.5kg as that doesn't exist! :p For the price, I'd get the 500g bag.

Man of Honour
I just weighed myself and I'm 10 stone exactly and I'm 5'7, so a tiny guy :(. Hence why I'm trying to bulk up and build some lean muscle!

Ah that's a shame, this guy at the gym was 100% sure there's this pill that helps you "cut", he said his friend takes it but I guess he must be on about something else!

Could be worse you could be 5'7 and 209lbs like me :D there's a lot of rubbish spouted around gyms, as psycho said there are things that will allow it but they can't be discussed here and would never be recommended for someone who has just started out.
Believe me just nail your diet plenty of protein, good fats and protein, train heavy and rest well and you will grow. Without seeing pics I can't be totally sure but to be honest if I was you I wouldn't be trying to loose weight just focus on packing on muscle and the little gut you've got will pretty much take care of itself :)

Associate
:p fine, you win! :D

I just used the MyProtein own-brand BCAAs. Make no mistake, it tastes absolutely awful! The way I looked at it, it was just nutrients for the body so doesn't have to taste nice. Just give it a good ol' mix in water and chug it down. It doesn't always dissolve well, normally had to mix it in a bottle and giving it a good shake, leave it in my gym bag for the 20 minute drive to the gym, then chug it down. I'm guessing bobbing around in my gym bag whilst driving really helps it mix better!

Here's the stuff I used:
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/bcaa

I must've got the 250g bag, not the 2.5kg as that doesn't exist! :p For the price, I'd get the 500g bag.

I second the above.
Tastes like crap :)
Personaly I have been mixing it with my proteins preworkout Pulse.
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/pulse

Pulse its self doesnt taste the greatest but helps with the BCAA.
Its also only around 15 calories a serving (20gs) which if you want to train fasted, should keep you under the 50 cal limit as per leangains protocal should you be following Mr Berkhans advice.

Soldato
True buddy, I think it's probably more of a sense of I might know people there..ie prats I used to go to school with.

Rather be going somewhere i don't know anyone
I've run into prats that I used to go to high and middle school with before in the past. I remember one particular acquaintance from school (moron) boasting about how hes starting his next cycle of gummy berry juice and how it'll get him back on form :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom