*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Man gonna get shanked!

Icecold any recommendations for shoulder mobility?

A brief background, my acromion joint has been damaged and come out of its place about 11 months ago. I did the physio routine (which was dire) so I did my own research and did a few things but there is a fair bit to be desired.

My strength is coming back, I went the heaviest I've been since that happened cleaning and pressing 95KG and pressing 37.5KG DB's yesterday for 10 reps at circa 75KG bw.

I don't want it reoccur and I do feel discomfort when I try to sleep on my right side. Any advice would be welcomed, thanks!

Hmm, from my professional opinion amputaion would be the best option.

Then replace the arm with a crybernetic titanium one.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just got my pre-workout supplements delivered :D

sweeties.jpg

GAC

GAC

Soldato
that bulksupplements new line of high suger stuff, may have to try it :p

also another day another good session.
hack sqaut
3x8x40kg's felt a bit better than it has done in the past guess il try and up it next week see how i go.

benchpress
3x8x80kg's
1x5x60kg's at this point i was buggerd may have been able to get a sith rep but didnt fancy catching the bar with my face though :D

deadlift
2x8x80kg's
1x8x90kg's
1x8x100kg's even felt like i could stick another 5 or 10 kg's on again but again trying not to be too silly with it.

and finished with 20 mins on the cross trainer again, will probably up this to 25 mins next session. all in all feeling good with how things are going.

Man of Honour
Man gonna get shanked!

Icecold any recommendations for shoulder mobility?

A brief background, my acromion joint has been damaged and come out of its place about 11 months ago. I did the physio routine (which was dire) so I did my own research and did a few things but there is a fair bit to be desired.

My strength is coming back, I went the heaviest I've been since that happened cleaning and pressing 95KG and pressing 37.5KG DB's yesterday for 10 reps at circa 75KG bw.

I don't want it reoccur and I do feel discomfort when I try to sleep on my right side. Any advice would be welcomed, thanks!
It's going to be mostly about where you're limited now. By the sound of things at least most of the various tissues are strong again, but as is the case with almost all soft tissue injuries the danger will come from your shortened/stuck down tissue and your resulting movement compensation.

So for now, just try some gentle internal and external rotation, like this:

Internal rotation:

External rotation:
beginning of this
end of this

Hmm, from my professional opinion amputaion would be the best option.

Then replace the arm with a crybernetic titanium one.
I take it back, this.

But me first.
Just got my pre-workout supplements delivered :D

sweeties.jpg
I've heard those eggs are the most anabolic food you can eat

Soldato
Workout today: feeling much more tired with this new workout vs previous noddy one which was
More like 40% arms !! 10k run on top out on thr roads tonight ... Feel tired thinking about it

Incline DB Chest P: *12x14kg, 10x18kg, 8x20kg, 6x20kg, 12x14kg

Pec Flye (Machine): *12x50kg (2 sets), 12x45kg, 12x40kg

Flat DB Chest P: *10x16kg, 5x24kg, 10x16kg, 4x24kg, 10x16kg, 3x24kg

DB PEC Flye: *10x14kg, 10x16kg, 10x16kg, 10x16kg

Bicep curl: *7x7x7 (17.5kg, halfxhalfxfull), 6x30kg, 7x7x7x, 6x30kg

Pull ups bodyweight: *8 reps, 7, 7, 6, 5

Soldato
Are sweets good pre-workout then? I thought sugars were good post-workout?

had my first "injury" today - and was getting out of bed !!!! lol - how annoying

basically rolled over put my arm up to push down on the bed to get out of bed - and just felt something rip somewhere between the corner of the shoulder and the top of the chest

OUCH was not the word- hopefully it'll settle down later - how stupid

Not good dude. :( Hope you have a speedy recovery!

I hurt my ankle running up the stairs! Didn't twist or anything just felts a zing and it felts as though someone had wrapped an elastic band around my ankle! Only lasted a few days luckily.

Probably just jinxed myself now!!!! :o:o:o

Soldato
Just after a quick bit of advice. I've been going to the gym for a few months now, but don't always find the time to go, so my 3 day split can get out of sync. A lot of my gym time is dumbell work, so, get some dumbells I magically thought :). I haven't got a huge budget, so second hand would be better yeah?

Any views on either of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120749710496&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260818566311&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Soldato
Balls, see, this is why I thought I'd ask here first :D. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guess I'll keep looking.

What sort of names give a decent 'bang for buck' at the budget end?

Soldato
well managed to increase my pace a bit tonight (I've been off pace forlast 6 weeks or so) -so completed my 9.5k tonight - ontop of the heavy weights at lunch :) woot - can relax now

average pace 4:59 -47 mins total -its cross trainer time tomorrow!!:)

Soldato
May as well steer clear of DBs that come in a case, if you can lift the whole box easily enough to move it around whats the point in breaking it down into seperate weights?

Aye, didn't really think of that when I had a quick browse.

What sort of names give a decent 'bang for buck' at the budget end?

Anyone have any recommendations for brands to look out for or avoid?

Soldato
You're going to need a lot of disposable income and space to get a reasonable home set up (or at least enough for a power rack and barbell+bench) ~£500.

If you dont have that kinda cash its better to go to the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom