*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thatta boy Freefaller! My first day back after a week off, going to be beasted tomorrow I think :)

Going to start eating as much as I can, but doing some fasted cardio on some mornings, is this a good plan? My thinking being even if I'm eating more calories than I'm burning, the fasted cardio should promote fat burning in the morning so work towards keeping me lean..........?

Man of Honour
Problem is I'm sat down today doing a lot of analysis, means that when I do get up it's really rather painful! :D Normally I'm up on my feet wandering around, or in meetings... I can feel myself cramping up... ah well time for some stretches, hope no one comes into my office mid stretch! :p

Soldato
OK so today was the first day of IF with BCAAs in the morning......nothin prepared me for the taste. My goodness, it tastes like actual vomit :|. I'm usually pretty good at forcing nasty tastes in me for the good of it, but jeeze I cannot stomach this stuff. It's made my stomach feel like I was up all night throwing up, all acidy and just blergh. I nearly puked in the car driving to the gym!

Gonna wait until pay day and stump up for xtend I think, I don't care how cheap unfflavoured BCAA is it is unbelievably foul!

Man of Honour
I picked up the orange flavoured excel BCAAs from bodybuildingwarehouse the other day and they taste fine, might be a good option if you want to save some cash.

Soldato
Get some no added sugar squash and mix some with that mate, makes it a LOT more bearable :) I used lemon squash with mine, the bitterness really helps mask the taste!

I tried that! Some double strength asda stuff, maybe I just need to put even more in! How much water did you generally mix with it? I was trying the 30g, sip throughout the morning method and had about 600ml in there.

Might try some lime cordial, if that doesn't do it nothing will!

Soldato
Not enough fats in your diet - they contain the most calories. :)

No doubt you've mentioned it time and time again on here but how would one increase fats?

For info/critique I'm just about to eat:

Waffle (can hear you shuddering already)
Turkey sausages
Bacon (lean)
Beans

All grilled, normally would add an egg but I'm having eggs later.

To be honest I'm just happy that my hunger is slowly coming back so not worrying too much about diet at the moment!

Soldato
I've never seen turkey sausages before, where have you bought them for? I'd eat loads more sausages if it wasn't for the fact they're normally full of crappy fats, barely any protein/lean meat and potato starch :\

kai

kai

Soldato
I am still struggling to eat as much as i require (not enough time in the day) ; I just seem to be eating most of the day :D Think i prefered when i struggled with my cutting diet for 5 months.

7:15 - Phd Pharma Whey HT+
7:30 - 50g Rolled Oats, 150ml semi skimmed milk

9:00 - USN Pure 100% Whey
9:30 - 20g Almonds

11:00 1 chicken breast, Broccli Florets (1/2 cup) and Half Cup Sweet Potato thinly sliced

1.30 1 chicken / 1 steak and Half Cup Sweet Potato thinly sliced

4:00 Pre Workout Phd Synergy ISO 7

7:30 Post Workout Phd Synergy ISO 7

8:30 Turkey Mince 100g or 1 Chicken Breast or Steak with half cup brown rice

11:00 Phd Pharma Whey HT+

To give idea of breakdown;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2043 Calories - this needs to be closer to 2500

46.8g of Fat - this needs increasing slightly.

250.6g of Protein

165.1g of Carbs - this needs lowering!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never seen turkey sausages before, where have you bought them for? I'd eat loads more sausages if it wasn't for the fact they're normally full of crappy fats, barely any protein/lean meat and potato starch :\

Asda! They taste just as nice as normal sausages and they're about £2.20 for a large pack! They can be found in the turkey section, not the sausage section. Enjoy! :D

Man of Honour
Well it's not a special lean bacon, I just chose a pack that had less fat than the others! Turkey sausages are great though, taste no different and have more protein!
Ok, but if you're looking to get more fat in your diet you're going to have to actually eat some more fat at some point :p

Animal fat
Milk
Nuts
Various oils (olive, fish, etc.)

:'(
Animal fat isn't bad fat!

Although I agree with you from a protein point of view, sausages can be quite poor.

Man of Honour
I am still struggling to eat as much as i require (not enough time in the day) ; I just seem to be eating most of the day :D Think i prefered when i struggled with my cutting diet for 5 months.

7:15 - Phd Pharma Whey HT+
7:30 - 50g Rolled Oats, 150ml semi skimmed milk

9:00 - USN Pure 100% Whey
9:30 - 20g Almonds

11:00 1 chicken breast, Broccli Florets (1/2 cup) and Half Cup Sweet Potato thinly sliced

1.30 1 chicken / 1 steak and Half Cup Sweet Potato thinly sliced

4:00 Pre Workout Phd Synergy ISO 7

7:30 Post Workout Phd Synergy ISO 7

8:30 Turkey Mince 100g or 1 Chicken Breast or Steak with half cup brown rice

11:00 Phd Pharma Whey HT+

To give idea of breakdown;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2043 Calories - this needs to be closer to 2500

46.8g of Fat - this needs increasing slightly.

250.6g of Protein

165.1g of Carbs - this needs lowering!
You could increase this massively!

If you're struggling to grow, eat more protein and fat. I wouldn't lower your carbs too much either. If you are getting tired of eating constantly, why not just eat bigger meals? 2500cals isn't that much in a day, I could easily have that in 3 meals.

Soldato
:'(
Animal fat isn't bad fat!

Although I agree with you from a protein point of view, sausages can be quite poor.

I know that all too well, hence why I happily nom down my steak or bacon fat :) But I refuse to believe that majority of sausages have much in the way of good quality fats or lean meats in them. They're always padded out with anything they can get their hands on to cut down on costs, sausages have always been a cheap man's food.

Man of Honour
It would still just be animal fat though. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really espousing the benefits of a tube of animal fat and connective tissue :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom