*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai

kai

Soldato
You could increase this massively!

If you're struggling to grow, eat more protein and fat. I wouldn't lower your carbs too much either. If you are getting tired of eating constantly, why not just eat bigger meals? 2500cals isn't that much in a day, I could easily have that in 3 meals.

mmmm i have a bottle of Udo's Choice as well which im not using at the moment, might be time to break the seal on the peanut butter :D -

hux

hux

Soldato
Indeed i love it. They also have a hack squat, a smiths and a squat rack, it's a leg lovers delight.

Mind i am having a job to walk it seems :D

Back to repping lesser weights, i don't think they like me throwing on so much weight tbh.

Plus it's kinder on me knees anyway, getting on a bit now :o

Love it :D

Also love this! Inverted press is a rare machine to find but a bloody good one

Soldato
Ok, but if you're looking to get more fat in your diet you're going to have to actually eat some more fat at some point :p

Animal fat
Milk
Nuts
Various oils (olive, fish, etc.)

:'(
Animal fat isn't bad fat!

Thanks. I will keep that in mind although, as I said earlier, I am just happy to be eating at the moment!

Having said that, milk and nuts are a bit iffy, whilst I'm not allergic to them I can't consume large quantities (as in every day) of either without having some sort of side affect.

That leaves fish of which I do not eat much, I have started to eat tuna in the form of tuna and pasta bakes and have some good meal ideas with boiled veg and fish so will have to try to increase consumption.

After the legs session on Friday and circuits on Saturday, including a late night on Sat night with short sleep it all caught up with me today and I felt like **** this morning. Still, had a session in the gym earlier and feeling good now so I am OK but I think I need to refuel the body a bit better.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I need 3,500kcals a day to break even, according to several online calcs.

That sound right to everyone?

28 (29 in 3 weeks), 6'1", 18.5 stone (177.5kg), 3 ~hour long gym sessions a week. Desk job.

Sounds high to me. :)

177.5kgs , i think your conversions a little off :p

same ole same for me again in the gym today, slowly cranking up the weights.

hack sqaut 3x8x40kg's but felt good again will try it at 50 wed see how i go.

bench press.

10x60kg's
2x8x80kgs
7x90kg's new pb since iv been back in the gym.
and 5x60kg's just! felt buggerd after that 90kg set :D

deadlift.

8x60kg's
3x8x100kg's felt good but damn i was sweating like i was in a sauna.

tried to have a bash at power cleans but could hardly keep hold of the bar so thought id better not, incase it got loose and took someone out on the other side of the room :p

and finished with 12 mins on the cross trainer while leaving a puddle under it.

got to say that 100kg's on deads knocked the wind out of me a bit, still feeling a tad pumped in the arms now but hopefully il be able to hit 150 for christmas on both the deads and bench.

now i just need to get my squating sorted, may look at doing front squats see how i go.

Soldato
I've given up trying to eat my daily required cals. Sometimes I'm lucky if I get a 1000 in!

31, 6'2 @ 110kg.

Ever since I went back to eating 'normal' (non bodybuilding amounts), I've instantly dropped 5kg and leaned out considerably.

Soldato
I've given up trying to eat my daily required cals. Sometimes I'm lucky if I get a 1000 in!

31, 6'2 @ 110kg.

Ever since I went back to eating 'normal' (non bodybuilding amounts), I've instantly dropped 5kg and leaned out considerably.

not managing 1000 calories over the day ???!

Man of Honour
Total volume was 10T on squats so feeling pretty fried!

tumblr_lhfl81OVS41qbl0ico1_500.gif

Legend

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Joined the gym around a month ago and have been going regularly with a set routine. However I seem to be neglecting my back and when I do decide to work it I take it very easy. The reason being I don't want to injure my back and it appears that your back is very easy to 'mess up'. Are my fears unfounded? Which specific routines would you recommend for working out your back? I'm sticking to machines currently.

Thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
Joined the gym around a month ago and have been going regularly with a set routine. However I seem to be neglecting my back and when I do decide to work it I take it very easy. The reason being I don't want to injure my back and it appears that your back is very easy to 'mess up'. Are my fears unfounded? Which specific routines would you recommend for working out your back? I'm sticking to machines currently.

Thanks in advance.

Pullups, bent over row, deadlift, single arm row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom